JPaterson84

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Drgn]
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hey all,

I've been reading a few posts here and I've seen images where people color code their characters, either from the start or mid-game.

Are using dyes the only way to change armor colors once actually in the game? I'm new to GW2 (didn't play the first) so I'm still learning a lot of things.

Thanks!

#2 GODh

GODh

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SoD]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Yes, afaik you need dyes to change the color of your armor... you start with a default palette but while playing you will also find undentified dyes as drops. you can indentify and them activate them to expand your palette.

You can change colors of your armor via the hero panel (default key = h).

#3 Bugbottle

Bugbottle

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

When you make your character you can choose different  colors for different parts of you armor it's one of the options in the character generation page can't remember where but it's there somewhere, once the characters made I guess you have to use dyes.

#4 LocoMan

LocoMan

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

You can change colors of your armor anytime (I guess outside of combat, though), there's an icon on your hero panel on top of your equipped armor to do it. What the dyes do is to give you extra colors to choose from other than the default palette.

#5 Jairyn

Jairyn

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1141 posts
  • Guild Tag:[BAMF]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Yes, dyes are "learned" like a skill or a pattern, they're not consumable items where you need a new bottle of dye for every item you want to color change. You can just pop open the hero panel and assign colors from any you've unlocked. New gear you equip automatically ssumes the color channels of your current assignment.

#6 JPaterson84

JPaterson84

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Drgn]
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for all the replies. Now I'll be spending time setting up uniformity, because I'm one of those people. :P

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: armor, colors, dye

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users