• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 1 votes

First Level 80 Has Been Reached (In 18 Hours)

80 level player

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

Best thing about GW2.....being lvl 80 doesn't matter much when anywhere you go you are scaled down for the content......leveling isn't really something to worry about.

#62 Raiden_Kyo

Raiden_Kyo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:05 PM

Grats, I guess? Seems pointless just to rush through this beautiful world Anet created.

#63 Fudo

Fudo

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DUNK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:21 PM

People seem pretty butthurt over the idea he hit 80 so fast. They always come back with "who cares" or "well he ruined the game for himself." But really it's these commenters that seem the most mad/upset. Grow up and learn to keep your mouth shut and be curtious. Anet said he did it legit, so all there is to say is congrats. Even if he didn't do it legit, if you really didn't care (or it didn't bother you) you wouldn't waste your time posting.

@Red Sona

Though it's true what you are saying about the market, there are plenty of people running to 80 atm and the market has been down. I don't think it's something to be concerned about.

And to the guy who hit 80 (if he even reads this), congrats man. Good teamwork and planning.

#64 JONO51

JONO51

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

Some people enjoy doing games as fast as possible, others prefer to take their time. No need to get bent out of shape over it.

#65 KikkenF

KikkenF

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:Underworld

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Alright people, Surfeuze reached lvl 80 in the first 32 hours, reaching lvl 60 with pve, and then lvl 60-80 through crafting. He is officially the first lvl 80 character, all legit.

Mike O'brien apologized for being negative about his accomplishment, as he though this was being done using a bug/glitch/whatever.

Source

Just though i'd clear this up. I dont really take interest in that, but it's always an accomplishment.

-EDIT- I dont know whats up with the weird format.

Edited by KikkenF, 28 August 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#66 Brine

Brine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostKikkenF, on 28 August 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Alright people, Surfeuze reached lvl 80 in the first 32 hours, reaching lvl 60 with pve, and then lvl 60-80 through crafting. He is officially the first lvl 80 character, all legit.

Mike O'brien apologized for being negative about his accomplishment, as he though this was being done using a bug/glitch/whatever.

Source

Just though i'd clear this up. I dont really take interest in that, but it's always an accomplishment.

Seriously. That dude was dedicated the first 60 levels. People always say who cares and stuff, but congrats for reaching his/her goal!

#67 Killminusnine

Killminusnine

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

View PostKichwas, on 27 August 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

This isn't WoW. So now that player's just missed most of the game.

I'm not concerned - there's always somebody who zergs in every game. The rest of us can just keep on enjoying it; and maybe if this person is wise, they'll make a new character and play the fuller game this time.

That's a comically narrow point of view you have there.

He's now free to farm karma at faster rates from higher level events, craft exotic gear, wreck people in WvW, or help his guild mates with gear.  Anywhere he goes, he'll be downleveled to fit the content so he can cherry pick the best experiences to consume.

Or, he might not be interested in the PVE content AT ALL.  He might be playing the game, like so many of us are, for the different types of PVP.  PVE is only a means to an end.

#68 Red Sonya

Red Sonya

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

PVE is only a means to an end.

PVP is only a means at the end. There fixed that for you. There are more players that play and will play PVE than there ever will be that play PVP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 80, level, player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users