14 replies to this topic

#1 mcgroarty

mcgroarty

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

Hey guys, new the forums so go easy on me lol

I have been rolling with GS/rifle in WvW, been thinking if Axe/shield with Rifle is better? I would like a tanky type feel with enough burst to take guys down.

So I am looking at suggestions on trait layout,healing skill and utilities.

I currently and running the starting heal,Endure pain and one that gives 10 secs of vun(sorry stuck at work) Want to start planning for the future ;)

Thanks in advance

#2 mcgroarty

mcgroarty

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

I had run around a bit in pve..man..gs does work...just got a 1h axe and shield combo, going to try it out tonight in WvWvW. Still looking for any suggestions on trait builds, which heal is showing as the best, thanks.

#3 AMIX_GW2

AMIX_GW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

Here:

http://gw2skills.net...J7TunkPtCYIykAA

axe + sheild synergizes really well with traits (crit chance, + crit damage)..has decent condition removes..and stays alive.. enjoy..

and secondary weapon: rilfe...need i say more?

Edited by AMIX_GW2, 28 August 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#4 mcgroarty

mcgroarty

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

wow..man you put a lot of thought into this, thank you very much.

#5 Haquu

Haquu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

View PostAMIX_GW2, on 28 August 2012 - 01:44 PM, said:

Here:

axe + sheild synergizes really well with traits (crit chance, + crit damage)..has decent condition removes..and stays alive.. enjoy..

and secondary weapon: rilfe...need i say more?

Will this work good in PvE too ?

#6 AMIX_GW2

AMIX_GW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

View PostHaquu, on 28 August 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

Will this work good in PvE too ?

here this one gives massive crit chance due to sigils and the arms trait line " deep strike"

#7 Haquu

Haquu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostAMIX_GW2, on 28 August 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

here this one gives massive crit chance due to sigils and the arms trait line " deep strike"

Thank you!
So, as i understand, I can handle PvE and PvP with this build?

#8 AMIX_GW2

AMIX_GW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

View PostHaquu, on 28 August 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

Thank you!
So, as i understand, I can handle PvE and PvP with this build?

i use the first build i posted for PvP cause of the condition removal etc. i think its a great balance and have been using a version of that build since beta 1 and have done enough tests myself...to be quite happy with it (reached rank 10 in spvp using that build only)

as for my second build you should stick with the rife mainly..when using brutal shot combined skills such as volley can kill a foe in 1 click and so can the burst damage as you'll find that every other shot will do huge crit damage.. and use the axe if enemies get close to you.. by the way i no in the build i put deep strike as the last trait disregard that and get that trait as soon as u hit 10 trait points in arms

Edited by AMIX_GW2, 28 August 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#9 Haquu

Haquu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

View PostAMIX_GW2, on 28 August 2012 - 07:09 PM, said:

i use the first build i posted for PvP cause of the condition removal etc. i think its a great balance and have been using a version of that build since beta 1 and have done enough tests myself...

as for my second build you should stick with the rife mainly..as you'll find that every other shot will do huge crit damage.. and use the axe if enemies get close to you

Get it now :)
While entering PvP, changing traits and skills to this PvP build (first posted by you) While on PvE use the second one. Thank you very much :)

#10 AMIX_GW2

AMIX_GW2

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostHaquu, on 28 August 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Get it now :)
While entering PvP, changing traits and skills to this PvP build (first posted by you) While on PvE use the second one. Thank you very much :)

yup exactly, and as soon as u go to spvp you'll notice the build (the one u make for spvp) will be saved.. and as soon as you portal back to PvE ull have ur original build back

note: i edited my previous comment to explain a lil' bit further

#11 Haquu

Haquu

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

That's great. And is there any basic rotation in this first PvP build? What do i have to use first, with which skill i have to end the rotation etc.

#12 geala

geala

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

I cannot replicate the build with the building tool. I never get 1206 toughness with this ensemble. Strange.

I never ever saw a kill with brutal shot and volley alone. Not in PvP. Maybe on a mob 5 level below.

#13 mcgroarty

mcgroarty

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

I tried a similar build using swords and bleeds as I couldnt come across a decent axe as of yet,

It didnt have the deepstrike crit because it wasnt a crit based build, more tanky and survival. I was able to remove bullsrush due to having the sword closer and get the damage reduction signet.

When I ding 28 there is a axe ill buy and try it out.

#14 mcgroarty

mcgroarty

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Here is a question; is the penetration skill on the guns/sprearguns a complete bypass of armour?

#15 mcgroarty

mcgroarty

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:54 PM

Also if you go with axe/rifle, do you not feel that rifle cripple/axe cripple is enough to not use bulls rush?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users