• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Termin8tor

Termin8tor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Ok so I hadn't played with Crafting in beta's so ive took up Cooking. My char is sat at level 20 and I have been harvesting every chance I get as I noticed these items go into a separate "collectible" bag that has preset slots for ingredients. This is really good!

So after collecting loads of stuff I go and see if I can level up my cooking skills, hearing that "discovering" recipes is the best way to level.
Looking into this it looks as tho I need to place all my ingredients into my personal bag space in order for the discovery pane to see what I can discover thru the trial and error method that is set up.
This is where I have a problem. Bag spaces are at such a premium that I dont generally have like 25 spare bag slots to experiment with.
Am I doing something wrong here as I see this as a big barrier to entry for people wanting to "discover" new recipes??

Also, on another note, I see you can buy some recipes for Karma at some Vendors. Do I need to  buy these recipes or can I just look on the wiki to get the ingredients so I can discover that recipe myself?

#2 Perval

Perval

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

Karma vendor recipes should be unique.  To my understanding, you need to buy those in order to access them.  (Though I could easily be wrong about this.)  Normally these vendors also sell the special food ingredients associated with those recipes for karma.

Yes, being a Cook is bag and bank slot space intensive.  Unlike other professions, we really get hit hard with having so many different crafting materials.  Like it or not, that's just the way things are.

#3 Hatberg

Hatberg

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DIE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Correct, Karma Recipes cannot be discovered but must be purchased. Confirmed with Triktiki Omelette and Eda's Apple Pie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users