2 replies to this topic

#1 TheBeanBurger

TheBeanBurger

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hey Guys,

I brought guild wars 2 off of amazon the other day and am having a bit of trouble with the game crashing

When playing the game will randomly crash to a black screen make static sounds and require a hard restart, the sound does still work afterwards but I'm unable to do anything,

My laptop specs are as follows:
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53Gz,
4GB Ram,
Nvidea geforce 9800M GTS

(If anything else is required or relevant please ask)

I've tried running the game with different versions of graphics drivers (the latest and the beta) but I still have the same problem, also the game actually runs fine up until the crash, and the problem is not overheating.

I'm really at a loss here and any advice would be appreciated.

#2 Malkav39

Malkav39

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Well, I have the exact same problem only that it happens right after i login with my character. I manage to get in the game for about a second and then everything goes black and i have to hard reset my laptop. I didn't have problems with the beta events. Everything started during the stress tests. I contacted technical support, but all they could tell me was to update drivers, which i did but with no results. I haven't got problems with other games and I even managed to play GW2 on medium during the betas. I tried everything I could find on these forums and everywhere else and I don't really know what to do anymore. I just hope they fix this soon.

Those are my specs by the way:
Windows Vista 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 2.27GHz
3 GB RAM
Geforce 9700M GTS

#3 Hotcake

Hotcake

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

I'm having the same problem.  I have Windows 7 and I run two GTX 570 cards (SLI off) and the computer will black screen and crash randomly while playing.  Sometimes I play for hours on end with no issues whatsoever.  

Once, instead of crashing completely, the screen went black and came back after about 10 seconds and a message popped up saying the display drivers had crashed and recovered.  

I'm also monitoring the heat of the GPU and the CPU, both are not overheating.  Not sure what to do :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users