Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Europian top WvW servers?

europe servers wvw

  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Saskia the Dragonslayer

Saskia the Dragonslayer

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

So wich eu servers are best in the WvW ?

#2 Freddy_Fakename

Freddy_Fakename

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Looks like someone wants to win.

Edited by Freddy_Fakename, 28 August 2012 - 09:28 PM.


#3 Ponzio

Ponzio

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

Theirs no way to know that anyway... will take half a year til the servers are paired with opponents on the same level.

#4 Waage83

Waage83

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RK]

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Right now numbers are the king of the hill so no one knows.

#5 Saskia the Dragonslayer

Saskia the Dragonslayer

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

View PostFreddy_Fakename, on 28 August 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

Looks like someone wants to win.

Actually no, i always join the 2nd best so i can help it make the best.

#6 sagasaint

sagasaint

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

View PostFreddy_Fakename, on 28 August 2012 - 09:28 PM, said:

Looks like someone wants to win.
while doing nothing, just being there

#7 hanso

hanso

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

Seafarer's rest, epic pvp server. Desolation also pretty well... between those 2 you can choose your #2.

#8 Pitchforks

Pitchforks

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

View Posthanso, on 01 September 2012 - 05:15 AM, said:

Seafarer's rest, epic pvp server. Desolation also pretty well... between those 2 you can choose your #2.
I wouldn't call it epic pvp server when only servers it fought yet are the two weakest in EU, and FUBAR alliance did not even start acting yet and will not until end of next week. I hope we get slammed in this matchup for people to dispel such illusions.

#9 Freyn

Freyn

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 281 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Imp]
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

View PostSaskia the Dragonslayer, on 29 August 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:



Actually no, i always join the 2nd best so i can help it make the best.

Why not set the bar higher, join the WORST and make it the best? :D

#10 hanso

hanso

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostPitchforks, on 01 September 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

I wouldn't call it epic pvp server when only servers it fought yet are the two weakest in EU, and FUBAR alliance did not even start acting yet and will not until end of next week. I hope we get slammed in this matchup for people to dispel such illusions.

I wouldn't exactly call Seafarer's opponents weak, they just don't have 6000+ players on theirs server keeping all zones in one color after midnight. During primetime Seafarer's was mostly in 2nd or 3rd spot. Says alot about their skill and organisation when numbers are capped on both sides.

/Edit:
I should have prolly indicated my irony better.

Edited by hanso, 01 September 2012 - 12:00 PM.


#11 Pitchforks

Pitchforks

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

View Posthanso, on 01 September 2012 - 11:59 AM, said:

During primetime Seafarer's was mostly in 2nd or 3rd spot. Says alot about their skill and organisation when numbers are capped on both sides.

/Edit:
I should have prolly indicated my irony better.

pfft good joke. That why we ended with 10x score of the other ones? And we did not even utilize alliance for that or do any mobilization - just willing people and guilds fighting on their own.

Edit:
And what -  you actually did check the server list and seen Seafarers Rest was "low" just like you and Vabbi? (well, now medium already).  We specifically picked EMPTY server and left Gandara, so that we`d be able to login in WvW and fight together.

Spoiler

Edited by Pitchforks, 01 September 2012 - 01:51 PM.


#12 CharliePrince

CharliePrince

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 848 posts
  • Location:BROOKLYN

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostWaage83, on 29 August 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

Right now numbers are the king of the hill so no one knows.

basically this

whichever servers are the most overpopulated do best in wv3

don't get butthurt when i say that, for some reason people love to live the illusion that they win by skill and tenacity

ANYONE in wv3 knows NUMBERS win

why?

there's a difference in an overpopulated server complaining about 1.5-2+hour queue time waits and a server with instant queues

it's the difference as fielding 500 people 24 hours of the day vs the other servers 200 or so

and people LOVE to delude themselves it's their organization, skill, teamwork that wins

lol

nah brah, you guys are on an extremely overpopulated server

that's why it's a numbers game

#13 enakki

enakki

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

you cannot take any results seriously in these days. when anet will fix login issues and all that stuff, free server change will be disabled, then we may start focusing on wvw. now, any results are telling NOTHING. let us wait.

#14 Saskia the Dragonslayer

Saskia the Dragonslayer

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

View PostCharliePrince, on 01 September 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

basically this

whichever servers are the most overpopulated do best in wv3

don't get butthurt when i say that, for some reason people love to live the illusion that they win by skill and tenacity

ANYONE in wv3 knows NUMBERS win

why?

there's a difference in an overpopulated server complaining about 1.5-2+hour queue time waits and a server with instant queues

it's the difference as fielding 500 people 24 hours of the day vs the other servers 200 or so

and people LOVE to delude themselves it's their organization, skill, teamwork that wins

lol

nah brah, you guys are on an extremely overpopulated server

that's why it's a numbers game

I really dislike playing on overpopulated server, do you really think that a less populated server cannot win a WvW?

#15 Reann

Reann

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Location:Finland
  • Guild Tag:[VII]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostPitchforks, on 01 September 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

pfft good joke. That why we ended with 10x score of the other ones? And we did not even utilize alliance for that or do any mobilization - just willing people and guilds fighting on their own.

Like said before, Piken for excample didn't have 24/7 coverage. When organized guilds came out we were on top of points being gained after we started rolling and capturing stuff. There was no real opponents to fight, just zergs on both opposing servers which got rolled by the guild groups of Piken. Was fun thou, didn't need to PvE or wait for action. No matter where you went there were loads of enemies to kill.

#16 CharliePrince

CharliePrince

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 848 posts
  • Location:BROOKLYN

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

View PostSaskia the Dragonslayer, on 01 September 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:



I really dislike playing on overpopulated server, do you really think that a less populated server cannot win a WvW?

it's a tradeoff

instant queues, the problem is you will have a dead zone

the "dead zone" is the problem low pop servers have, it's where overpopulated servers with hour long queues 24 hours a day really shine

basically the way wv3 works is whichever force can fill their cap conquers.. now if it's a 3way tie in primetime.. it's amazing since yoiu'll have, let's say, 500 vs 500 vs 500 in all 4 maps..

the problems with wv3 become
- dead zone: the overpopulated servers can still field 500 and other servers would be lucky to have 100 on
-- this time is when said servers conquer the map.. and what's worse is that this "Dead zone" time is when these places are fortified
--- pretty much unrecoverable at this point, even if it becomes an even fight, the overpopulated servers have such a lead they cannot be overtaken

there is no teamwork, no amount of coordination, no skill that can overcome an overpopulated server that has a substantial lead

wv3 is a numbers game, anyone who gets gratification by conquering low pop servers in wv3 is deluding themselves

whosoever can field the most people in wv3 wins

yes, it's that simple :) but keep in mind the game is in a state of flux right now with free transfers and whatnot, also rotations will fix things eventually

this way you won't have debacles like that new server being faced off against massively overpopulated servers

but it is worrysome how that even happened in the first place..

3 servers get added, ONE WOULD THINK they'd face each other.. somehow, the way AN's logic works is
powerhouse1 + powerhouse2 + deadserver3

....something's wrong with their logistics code methinks

#17 Ponzio

Ponzio

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:11 PM

View PostSaskia the Dragonslayer, on 01 September 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I really dislike playing on overpopulated server, do you really think that a less populated server cannot win a WvW?

Its impossible at the moment. My server was paired with a zerg server 2 times now. At day time those servers got crushed everytime but at night they ninjaed all 4 maps. So they had top score.

#18 Pitchforks

Pitchforks

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostReann, on 01 September 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Like said before, Piken for excample didn't have 24/7 coverage. When organized guilds came out we were on top of points being gained after we started rolling and capturing stuff. There was no real opponents to fight, just zergs on both opposing servers which got rolled by the guild groups of Piken. Was fun thou, didn't need to PvE or wait for action. No matter where you went there were loads of enemies to kill.
Oh, so WE did have 24/7 coverage? We are a low pop server and alliance for time being is inactive until after next week. I dont remember ever Piken leading at point in prime time. All you did was sit in your single keep defending while we were constantly fighting full forces of both you AND vabbi - the points indicate it. Kinda hard to talk smack when you have 10 times less points than the opposition. We are suddenly zergs? I chuckled.

The funy thing - as i told before: alliance was not present: no events, no mobilization, no real communication - just people and guilds deciding "ok its time to go do some wvw" while leveling without pressure - we did not even bother upgrading or really defending anything since otherwise you`d just gave up and we`d have no one to fight at all - you fought randoms and sometimes one or two allied guilds. And you still lost pathetically.


edit:
meg you strayed me away from my original topic damn.

In short: Seafarers Rest sucks, stay away! We have arrogant nubs like me, 4chan, roleplayers own us in pvp and in general: bad stuff. People that already know believe it to be one of "top" servers need to wake up and understand thats far from reality and theres a lot of work ahead of them - it`ll not be an easy ride.

Edited by Pitchforks, 01 September 2012 - 04:21 PM.


#19 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

View PostSaskia the Dragonslayer, on 01 September 2012 - 03:07 PM, said:

I really dislike playing on overpopulated server, do you really think that a less populated server cannot win a WvW?

If the less populated server has more siege weapons then yes, they can win against a higher populated server. Iv seen 10-20 players fight back 50-100 with siege weapons and win.

Overall score winning of the entire maps and server? Thats more difficult, it depends on the tactics of the more populated server, if they blob up and are one big group mostly, you can kick there butts, if there clever they will split up in medium sized groups and flank every part of the map.

It does have alot to do with siege weapons, tactics, and attacking on two fronts, starving your target of supply. That kind of thing.

Whatever the guy says above you, it is not just a numbers game, numbers give you a huge advantage of course yes but its not everything in WvW.

Edited by Eon Lilu, 01 September 2012 - 04:19 PM.


#20 Ponzio

Ponzio

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostEon Lilu, on 01 September 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Whatever the guy says above you, it is not just a numbers game, numbers give you a huge advantage of course yes but its not everything in WvW.

Its just a number game, a server that caps everything on all 4 maps at night wins pointwise.

#21 Reann

Reann

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • Location:Finland
  • Guild Tag:[VII]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostPitchforks, on 01 September 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

Oh, so WE did have 24/7 coverage? We are a low pop server and alliance for time being is inactive until after next week. I dont remember ever Piken leading at point in prime time. All you did was sit in your single keep defending while we were constantly fighting full forces of both you AND vabbi - the points indicate it. Kinda hard to talk smack when you have 10 times less points than the opposition. We are suddenly zergs? I chuckled.

The funy thing - as i told before: alliance was not present: no events, no mobilization, no real communication - just people and guilds deciding "ok its time to go do some wvw" while leveling without pressure - we did not even bother upgrading or really defending anything since otherwise you`d just gave up and we`d have no one to fight at all. And you still lost pathetically.

Vabbi, Piken and Seafearer are all med now actually. Piken has no known alliances. When we had our guild group, and few other know guilds, during prime time Piken quickly lead in the points being gained per cycle. After we logged off and came back, the map was colored with one color yet again. So yeah, when we come in, take what we take and then dash around the map from one point to another making last second saves at Lord from the opposing zerg, and (atleast when i was around) do not get wiped not once, yeah I prolly talk "smack" then... We lost simply because we could not be there all the time, so congratulations you have won.

Edited by Reann, 01 September 2012 - 04:37 PM.


#22 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

View PostPonzio, on 01 September 2012 - 04:25 PM, said:

Its just a number game, a server that caps everything on all 4 maps at night wins pointwise.

Please I already discuss a reply to your weak comment in my post, dont quote the only part you want to read. Also we were discussing player numbers not "points", if the defending servers use enough siege weapons and have good defence tactics they can overpower a larger force and push them back, I have sen it done in WvW this week ALOT of times. Even seen them do when the lower server population is being attacked on two fronts.

It's not as black and white as some are trying to make out, if anything, whoever has the most siege wins. Whoever pays the most money, win's.

View PostEon Lilu, on 01 September 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

If the less populated server has more siege weapons then yes, they can win against a higher populated server. Iv seen 10-20 players fight back 50-100 with siege weapons and win.

Overall score winning of the entire maps and server? Thats more difficult, it depends on the tactics of the more populated server, if they blob up and are one big group mostly, you can kick there butts, if there clever they will split up in medium sized groups and flank every part of the map.

It does have alot to do with siege weapons, tactics, and attacking on two fronts, starving your target of supply. That kind of thing.

Whatever the guy says above you, it is not just a numbers game, numbers give you a huge advantage of course yes but its not everything in WvW.

Edited by Eon Lilu, 01 September 2012 - 04:56 PM.


#23 Ponzio

Ponzio

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostEon Lilu, on 01 September 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

Please I already discuss a reply to your weak comment in my post, dont quote the only part you want to read. Also we were discussing player numbers not "points", if the defending servers use enough siege weapons and have good defence tactics they can overpower a larger force and push them back, I have sen it done in WvW this week ALOT of times.

You cant, simple impossible. A week comment because its the truth? If one server has 500 and the other two server like 30 each their nothing you can do. Siege weapons to defend? Its not like the enemy team cant bring siege weapons too. You can defend ONE castle, ONE if you are lucky. Thinking that you can stop a 200 man siege with 10 people is delusional. Ever heard of trebuchets?

Its a freaking number game, the zerg server will have the most points in the end and points is what counts.

Edited by Ponzio, 01 September 2012 - 04:58 PM.


#24 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

View PostPonzio, on 01 September 2012 - 04:55 PM, said:

You cant, simple impossible. A week comment because its the truth? If one server has 500 and the other two server like 30 each their nothing you can do. Siege weapons to defend? Its not like the enemy team cant bring siege weapons too. You can defend ONE castle, ONE if you are lucky. Thinking that you can stop a 200 man siege with 10 people is delusional. Ever heard of trebuchets?

Its a freaking number game, the zerg server will have the most points in the end and points is what counts.

In game actual experience and gameplay says your wrong, compared to your over exaggeratory and hyperthetical scenerio. To the Op its impossible to say which server is the best at the moment as matching system is still a work in progress, I know servers that won every single match are now last after server matching. Need to wait longer before things start to settle and less tears on the forums about there server getting out numbered and there is no skill or team work or tactics, its just numbers....keep telling yourself that lol. It's just a "game".

Edited by Eon Lilu, 01 September 2012 - 06:24 PM.


#25 Ponzio

Ponzio

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

View PostEon Lilu, on 01 September 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

In game actual experience and gameplay says your wrong, compared to your over exaggeratory and hyperthetical scenerio.

The game actual experience and gameplay says you are wrong. See what I did thier? Crying like a little kid "no you are wrong cause I say so" just make you look like a fool. Your hypotethical scenario assumes that the attacking force, we speak at least 5 times the people defending are completly dump. They place trebuchets out of range and destroy your base you cant do anything against it because your trebuchets will go down in seconds, they are to big and a easy target. The enemys trebs are save cause a whole zergs guards them. Only dump teams run into cannon fire and die. If you face a 100 man siege with 20 people defending and both are not stupid the defense will lose, every time. A suicide run will level the defense canons and trebs, and then they build their own stuff. Just because you seem to have fought dump mindless zergs doesnt mean it always plays like that.

Edited by Ponzio, 01 September 2012 - 06:30 PM.


#26 Eon Lilu

Eon Lilu

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2295 posts
  • Location:UK
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostPonzio, on 01 September 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

The game actual experience and gameplay says you are wrong. See what I did thier? Crying like a little kid "no you are wrong cause I say so" just make you look like a fool. Your hypotethical scenario assumes that the attacking force, we speak at least 5 times the people defending are completly dump. They place trebuchets out of range and destroy your base you cant do anything against it because your trebuchets will go down in seconds, they are to big and a easy target. The enemys trebs are save cause a whole zergs guards them. Only dump teams run into cannon fire and die. If you face a 100 man siege with 20 people defending and both are not stupid the defense will lose, every time. A suicide run will level the defense canons and trebs, and then they build their own stuff. Just because you seem to have fought dump mindless zergs doesnt mean it always plays like that.

Im not saying it always plays like that, im saying it "SOMETIMES" plays like that and is "POSSIBLE" PROVING it is not always just a "numbers" game. Thanks for proving my point for me. :P

You can't see who is the best at the moment, there still matching up servers, servers that won every match are losing others. Just give it time and stop complaining about numbers....

Edited by Eon Lilu, 01 September 2012 - 06:37 PM.


#27 Pitchforks

Pitchforks

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

View PostReann, on 01 September 2012 - 04:36 PM, said:

Vabbi, Piken and Seafearer are all med now actually. Piken has no known alliances. When we had our guild group, and few other know guilds, during prime time Piken quickly lead in the points being gained per cycle. After we logged off and came back, the map was colored with one color yet again. So yeah, when we come in, take what we take and then dash around the map from one point to another making last second saves at Lord from the opposing zerg, and (atleast when i was around) do not get wiped not once, yeah I prolly talk "smack" then... We lost simply because we could not be there all the time, so congratulations you have won.

Haha great. You are beyond help :) I had more respect of Piken Square but after your posts i cant help but just laught.

#28 hanso

hanso

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:45 PM

View PostPitchforks, on 01 September 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

pfft good joke. That why we ended with 10x score of the other ones? And we did not even utilize alliance for that or do any mobilization - just willing people and guilds fighting on their own.

Edit:
And what -  you actually did check the server list and seen Seafarers Rest was "low" just like you and Vabbi? (well, now medium already).  We specifically picked EMPTY server and left Gandara, so that we`d be able to login in WvW and fight together.

Spoiler

Yea, late night raids kept you well fed... all green all night. Haven't seen anything even close to that at primetime. Actually in some zones you were farmed like pigs.

#29 Pitchforks

Pitchforks

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

I did not know that roleplaying server was insane asylum. Recently seems to be an influx of Napoleons there.

Edited by Pitchforks, 01 September 2012 - 09:58 PM.


#30 Sensational

Sensational

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:15 PM

It's a pointless debate, everyone's leveling, no one is organised, server populations haven't stabilised and there is no ladder. Perhaps the next time we meet up will settle the debate.

What you can say for now is that Seafarers outnumbered us by far, at least for that match in WvW, low population or not. You would go to any of the 4 zones and there'd be a 40+ Seafarers group in there doing their thing, no matter when you went. There's nothing wrong with that but don't pretend like you won on points because you're some sort of 1337 p4p world best server. You had more people to hold things down and that's that. When we rolled out together with Tainted we had some awesome fights against both Seafarers and Vabbi, so props for that.

Edited by Sensational, 01 September 2012 - 10:27 PM.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: europe, servers, wvw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users