#1 Agrias

Agrias

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:59 AM

I feel like I'm doing something wrong with crafting. I've taken Weaponsmithing and Hunstman for my Warrior and I'm about level 34 now. I have vastly outleveled the ingredients I need to craft though. I mean, I'd say I stop at crafting nodes about 75% of the time, I've explored every starting zone for Skill Points and I'd even had a few low level alts contributing resources, yet I'm having trouble getting passed level 40ish respectively on either craft, due to low amounts of resources.

For example, I had a ton of different Ores now for my Weaponsmithing but I can't "smelt" anything else but Bronze. Am I missing something? Is there a place to learn more recipes early on or something?

I feel like I'm doing something wrong, or I've missed something entirely.

#2 Miteshu

Miteshu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

Did you use the discovery system?

I think you have to craft sigil inscription and then craft the sigils onto the weapon via discovery system. That is how I did it when I vastly outlevel my armorsmithing.

edit: Never did weaponsmithing but the system is the same.

Edited by Miteshu, 29 August 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#3 Katsuragisama

Katsuragisama

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:44 AM

I myself was outleveling my craft for my thief.  Just hit level 23 but my Leatherworking was sitting at 30ish.  I did the same thing Miteshu described above and now I'm sitting pretty at 80ish Leatherworking.  So now in a couple levels I'll be able to make my full set of gear that I want!

But yes, using the discovery panel will greatly help in leveling up your leveling process.  I use gw2db, gw2data, and guildhead to find recipes and where to find some of the materials.  Make some insignia and armor parts, combine then and you'll level your craft relatively quickly. You cant spam the same thing over and over and expect to level quickly enough like you can in other games.  Discovery panel is your best friend in this regard.  ;)

Now if only they would get the trading post up, I would be very happy.  Needing Small Venom Sacs and they seem to drop rarely.  >.<

#4 Agrias

Agrias

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Guild Tag:[LG]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Ok, thanks a lot guys. I wasn't really using the discovery system, so I was doing something wrong after all. Happy to hear that.

#5 111uminate

111uminate

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

Yeah I didn't use the discovery system at all in the beginning, then kept wondering why some recipes were grayed out and I would no longer get cEXP. I didn't want to mess with discovery in fear of losing mats if it didn't find a new recipe, but it doesn't work like that all thankfully. You can only craft a new one if it will work.

#6 Gen1tor

Gen1tor

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:42 AM

Also consider swaping one of the two with another discipline. If u go on with these two u ll need a ton of special mats just to progress a few lvls because both disciplines use the same.

#7 GOKUBB13

GOKUBB13

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

the trick is to level your crafting to correspond to your character level. You want to be able to make items that will be useful to your character ie level 25 armor for a level 25 character. I believe you need to make a total of 6 of the newest items available to your craft in order to go to the next tier, for instance from soft wood inscriptions to iron plated soft wood inscriptions. The real pain is making items that your character cant really use and having to salvage them. Invest Karma in the intricate inscriptions that you can buy from the master craftsman. with these you can create rare items. A set of rare armor that you can craft for a level 35 character will last 15 levels before it is made obsolete by the next set of materials. By this I mean that my rare wool armor set was better than anything I crafted with cotton except for my rare cotton set, which lasted me until I reached silk. You are plain and simple going to have to buy fine crafting materials from the trading post to do this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crafting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users