#91 ixoth

ixoth

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostClegane, on 15 January 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

I had these exact problems, but the solution I used was to upgrade the firmware of the graphics card which "corrected" the low voltage settings causing the issue. Before the upgrade it was 0.990 V or close to it (like ixoth described). After the firmware upgrade it sits comfortably slightly above 1.0 V. Observed using GPU-Z.

At the very least if you suffer from these problems you could download GPU-Z or equivalent tool that allows you to monitor the card voltage to see if this might be a problem for you too.

Toodles.

Which video board do you have? I tried to look from my video board's manufacturer's site but wasn't able to find any firmware updates for it. My video board is Asus gtx-470.

#92 Nubana

Nubana

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:21 PM

So I just got my new PC I built and was looking forward to playing all these new games (Guild Wars 2 included) on great performance and without issues... so much of that. Was wondering if there was actually a legit solution for this? I have done countless things to try and fix this display driver crash but nothing. I realised that my GPU goes up to 65-70 degrees when running GW2, nothing else comes even close to that. Once it hits 70 degrees it either glitches out or the display driver crashes, which lowers the game FPS to about 20 so the GPU degrees would stay around 50 or so. I'm quite certain it has something to do with the temperature of the GPU even tho even on stress test it doesnt give two craps about going over 70 so... I am quite sick and tired of trying to get this working properly and not finding a way/legit solution for this. Hope I'm wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users