• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 Trufs

Trufs

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

I love the game etc. but this is one thing thats bugging me. I have 'auto-loot' option selected and it takes automatically everything that i click on, but isn't there an option to pick up everything without spamming 'f' or whatever key you have for picking up loot? It's really annoying to run around and spam f to get everything, especially during big events when there's lots of loot, but there's also lots of other things like some objects i can interact with and people i can talk with... all with the same button. So can i make my life easier somehow? Seperate key of picking up loot from interact or make my character pick up everything without a need to use a key?

#2 Perval

Perval

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

Short answer?  No, there is no form of truly automated looting in the default UI.  I don't know if we'll ever see that option added in at a later date.

#3 Trufs

Trufs

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Well, that sux...

#4 Targren

Targren

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RELM]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostTrufs, on 29 August 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Well, that sux...

Only in the early levels. By the time you clear the first zone, trust me. You'll be glad you're not picking up every stray POS "trophy" which all seem to be soulbound, only stack to 16 (or 18?) and sell for 1c/ea. There's better uses for your inventory slots...

#5 Umbradomo

Umbradomo

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:34 AM

Is there Auto Looting, Yes.
Is there AOE Looting, No
Is there Multipass, No ;)

#6 Trufs

Trufs

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

View PostTargren, on 30 August 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Only in the early levels. By the time you clear the first zone, trust me. You'll be glad you're not picking up every stray POS "trophy" which all seem to be soulbound, only stack to 16 (or 18?) and sell for 1c/ea. There's better uses for your inventory slots...

I pick up EVERYTHING, i send collectibles to bank and sell all junk like trophies etc. Always have some place in inventory since i got all 8 slot bags so yeah... i would like to pick up everything automatically :)

#7 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5204 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

This would be much less annoying if there weren't friendly NPCs that die in the personal story and dungeons so you start healing the bozos when you're trying to loot the corpses next to them.  

I've died more than once getting stuck in the bloody healing animation.    Particularly in WvWvW.   At the very least we should be allowed to dodge/jump/whatever out of the healing animation.

An area auto-loot would solve the problem in an even better fashion.

#8 UNTYPABLExNAME

UNTYPABLExNAME

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

View PostTrufs, on 29 August 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

It's really annoying to run around and spam f to get everything, especially during big events when there's lots of loot

#FirstWorldProblems

Imagine how the guys you killed and looted must feel.

Spoiler

#9 Kaguchan

Kaguchan

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

The looting itself isn't annoying. What is annoying is the fact that it is the same key then interact. You'll see what I mean when there are some friends (NPCs) around ^^

#10 Mottle

Mottle

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Rise]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

View PostDoctor Overlord, on 13 November 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

This would be much less annoying if there weren't friendly NPCs that die in the personal story and dungeons so you start healing the bozos when you're trying to loot the corpses next to them.  

I've died more than once getting stuck in the bloody healing animation. Particularly in WvWvW.   At the very least we should be allowed to dodge/jump/whatever out of the healing animation.

An area auto-loot would solve the problem in an even better fashion.

Switch your weapon set, if you can. That always gets me out of reviving someone in a tight situation.

#11 Doctor Overlord

Doctor Overlord

If you hate MMOs....

• Members
  • 5204 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostMottle, on 13 November 2012 - 10:35 PM, said:

Switch your weapon set, if you can. That always gets me out of reviving someone in a tight situation.
Nice to know!

Only I play an ele sometimes :(  :(   But it will help my guardian and mesmer.  Thanks!

#12 Biz

Biz

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2201 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Levi]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostDoctor Overlord, on 13 November 2012 - 11:18 PM, said:

Nice to know!

Only I play an ele sometimes :(  :(   But it will help my guardian and mesmer.  Thanks!

Press ESC then, or move.

#13 Drtrider

Drtrider

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EtG]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

At least they gave you an "F" function rather then having to right click everything. I would just be thankful for that.

#14 Arduin

Arduin

Q&A King

• Site Contributors
  • 4284 posts
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Q&A is not the place for discussions or posting suggestions. As nothing in this mechanic has been changed since 30th of August and Doctor Overlord didn't provide any further question in the bump, I'm closing this.

Please don't bump threads in Q&A if you don't have any constructive to add. At the least it save users like UNTYPEBALExNAME from a sadface.

Feeling your post got wrongfully deleted? Thread locked? Want to chat? Send me a PM. I won't bite :eek:

Be wary of expressing your opinion as fact; facts can be proven wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users