#1 ZigKid3

ZigKid3

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bern]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

So what fun things have you guys found to do with portals so far?

Recently I got to the skill and vista point that required a lot of jumping along a long route to get to at the Breached Wall in Ascalon.

I kept Mesmer porting everyone from the ground straight up to the top and advertising it on /map for about an hour, it was pretty fun helping everyone :P

Any cool ideas of what to do with the portals?

Edited by ZigKid3, 30 August 2012 - 03:03 AM.

#2 MindProd

MindProd

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:48 AM

Pretty much that. I also use it for exploration, mainly in points of interest in caves. Put a portal down, run like hell to the point, put exit portal and warp away. Just gotta be mindful of the time limit (and range I think?) between both portals.

#3 ZigKid3

ZigKid3

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Bern]
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostMindProd, on 30 August 2012 - 03:48 AM, said:

Pretty much that. I also use it for exploration, mainly in points of interest in caves. Put a portal down, run like hell to the point, put exit portal and warp away. Just gotta be mindful of the time limit (and range I think?) between both portals.

yeah i noticed there's some kind of range for it, but not sure what it is as its not mentioned in the tooltip.

I don't think they made a range for the Y-axis though.

#4 Mugen

Mugen

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

Me and guildies used portals to kill that extremely hard elemental boss in asura area. I put down a portal on the bridge then run in and chaos storm it and portal out. Everyone else then portals in then use their aoe skills and portal out xD Couple of people there caught on with the idea and joined in but most of them just run in wave after wave to get wiped instantly. I've also been using it to explore caves for points of interests; I just pop down a portal at the entrance and run in to get it and portal out because usually there are lots of mobs around that I don't wanna deal with.

#5 MindProd

MindProd

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

I forgot to mention, it's also handy for jumping around platforms. When I'm not 100% sure that I'll make it, and it's a long way to come back up, pop a portal for insurance. I'll admit that portal was the deciding factor for me going mesmer over elementalist; figured that it will help my group with jumping puzzles immensely.

#6 Killua

Killua

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AC]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I use it to port people to vistas/jumping puzzle ending areas and to jump down a cliff to mine something or unlock a PoI/Waypoint and go back up. And sometimes just to port me backwards after I reached something I forgot to unlock that is in the direction I completed already.

I replace my Decoy for this in open fields, very practical skill. :)

#7 2ylo

2ylo

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 78 posts
  • Guild Tag:[IC]

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:37 AM

I used it to help my friends finnish some jumping puzzle's real quick
   Stream ~ my guildwars 2 stream

#8 Balkur

Balkur

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

I use it a ton in WvW. Put down the portal in an out-of-sight location, run into the fray and pick off 1-2 people at low health, drop portal and teleport to safety.

Also, when being chased by a 5+ people: run to the edge of a cliff, drop portal, jump off cliff, watch as the 5 people chasing you jump off the cliff too, drop portal again and teleport to the top of the cliff. I also have the trait that makes you take 50% less fall damage, and sometimes the enemy will see you jump and live and then try and follow you and die.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mesmer, portals, fun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users