I have just one plea: seeing how opinions can differ, can we please not argue on this one. Let's just post what we'd like to make it in the game and try to argument our wishes the best we can, while leaving the conclusion drawing to ANet.
1) Duels. Already confirmed to be implemented, however I'd love it if it was possible anywhere in the world of Tyria - main cities, villages and open fields. I agree - make it so that you can automatically decline duels if you don't feel like dueling, but the world is so huge and beautiful, I often find myself missing a good PvP fight (at least between two consenting sides, if not open world PvP) as a detour on some task/quest/exploration I'm currently on. A good boxing match would be a real refreshment.
A chance to cheer and just entertain yourself, seeing who'll win the fight. Maybe it would be fun if we could add some depth to this feature, such as some kind of statistic of wins/losses vs concrete opponents. Maybe even some kind of monthly achievement for the best duelers with rewards? Would make things interesting.
2) Player to player trading. It makes one's life so much easier really. It makes player to player interaction more personal and intense. It adds a sense of freedom to the world and gameplay, at the moment it kinda feels weird we have such limited interaction levels. You get to haggle in real time, if you're a good salesman you can persuade your potential customer right there and then.
3) Cash on Delivery. A very neat feature. I don't see why not. It's not an imperative, but again - it's useful, why not.
4) Inspecting. Also useful and very informative. Want to admire that awesome piece of armor your friend has, and you're dieing to get your hands on? Inspect him. See how it would look on you. Satisfy your curiosity. Also a reason to put two strangers together and enhance player to player interaction. I find people in GW2 too often just running past each other.
5) Global cooldown over cast times on all skills. Because the current system makes GW2 combat unresponsive, everything has a delay. It's basically the same thing, has the same effect - not being able to spam skills, it only allows you to make that hit exactly when you wanted and planned it.
6) Character movement animations and camera. Been discussed so, so many times. Not everyone finds this a gamebreaker, but many do. And while not everyone finds this important or a top priority, they certainly won't mind having these polished to the maximum. Some people, like me, find this to be a really big deal.
7) More armor and weapon skins at low levels. Having generic looking stuff really kills the enjoyment in finding new items. It doesn't have to be as epic looking as high end stuff, but please, offer us lots of variety. Variety is good.
8) Allow more PvE encounters vs single mobs, or at least multiple mobs but based on one-at-a-time system. Fighting groups is ok, but I often wish that I can focus on one single mob, which is a hard hitter, good dodger, with a good AI. Me, alone, not me and a bunch of other people using AoE skills.
It gives me a satisfaction to sometimes do something alone out in the world, for a change. Or at least 2-3 of us the most. Not in my personal story. To be clear, I'm not asking for the group events to be replaced with these, I am just asking for variety (again). Fighting in groups is a bit zergy and doesn't really allow for a skilled combat to take place, it's more just spamming stuff, rezzing dead guys and then it's spamming all over again. It's fine to have it in, I guess, but give us a change of pace every now and then.
9) Dye system for weapons. Explanation not needed I believe. It's cool, just like it is cool for armor pieces.
10) Dyes and purchasable bag space. Would like to see them available account wide, and not tied on the character level. This, however, interferes with the cash shop which is a tricky matter, but still something I'd like to see and which makes sense.
11) Transmutation. I am not sure about this, but I've read somewhere that the process of transmutation destroys the piece of origin. It shouldn't.
12) Crafting. Also not sure about this (forgive my ignorance), but are there legendary/rare recepies? I'd like to see ultra rare stuff in the form of drops. Not purchasable with any currency. Knowing you'll get something if you collect enough tokens isn't as fun as having something dropped by chance. That moment of "OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST GOT XXX".
13) Linking stuff in chat channels. Gear, recepies, skills. Anything and everything.
14) PvP. I'd love to see 2v2 and 3v3 Death Match arenas. I'd love to see Capture the Flag mode.
I'd LOVE to see Downed State removed from PvP. It's fine and fun in PvE, but definitely not PvP. I am aware that there are people claiming it adds another level/layer of strategic combat. For me it doesn't. And I am not arguing with them, I am just stating my own opinion. It slows the combat down, it takes away my joy of just killing someone. It feels artificial, it feels like a mini game which has no place in PvP. It feels non inventive and dull. Again, this is from my own standpoint.
15) Ranger pets. I am also not sure if anything changes at higher levels, but currently I don't have the possibility to control my pet's skills such as knock-down etc. This is more of a question as I haven't really played the ranger more than 5 minutes, so don't hold it against me if I am posting this incorrectly.
16) WvWvW queues. We all know what I'm talking about, and while I don't have a suggestion on how it could be fixed, it's definitely a high priority issue.
17) Mounts. Was always a huge fan. Now, after seeing AWESOME vehicles in the Black CItadel (tanks, bike-like vehicles) I'm even more hyped about them. Just AWESOME, GJ ANet for the design.
18) Lesser scale combat in general. I mentioned this for PvE, I expressed my interest in 2v2 and 3v3 arenas. I am not a fan of mass-scale combat, PvE or PvP wise. But cool, many people are.
And we have mass-scale combat in GW2, plenty of it. I respect that. I just wish that we, people who like smaller scale battles with fewer participants, get something to seek our teeth into. Again, variety is good. I personally have more fun when I have to work closely together with a good friend or two, where we have to sync our play and where decisions we make have much larger impact on the outcome of the fight. I like to be able to recognize each skill that goes off and to be able to counter it. In fights where there are many participants it is impossible to keep track of everything and react accordingly.
19) More options for the character generation. I am a guy over 30 and I want to look other than a 19 year old quarter-back who just walked out of an expensive hair-dresser. I want to look raw, brute, scarred, pissed off.
20) General bugs and fixes. Just feeling obligated to mention them, but of course they'll get ironed out in time.
That's all I could think of at this moment. Again, I know not everyone will agree, but let's not argue. We all have our tastes, let's just try to be constructive. There are many things I love about GW2, but will not mention those. Let's stick to the flaws, so that GW2 could keep improving.
Edited by Misce, 30 August 2012 - 09:22 AM.