• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Vials of Powerful Blood? Where to get them?

powerfull blood

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Samhax

Samhax

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[GD]
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Greetings,

after farming any risen animal I was able to find for 5 hours in Orr, I've decided to look for some help. Anyone knows where you can farm those Vials effectively? Maybe I've just farmed on the wrong spot? It would be awesome if any of you is able to gimme an answer.

That's the item -> http://www.gw2db.com...-powerful-blood

#2 Emek

Emek

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

Would like to know as well.

#3 Xemos

Xemos

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:51 AM

seem to get a few from heavy moldy bags from undead in orr zones

#4 Obski

Obski

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

I've gotten a few from bags, not sure if from any mobs. There's always the option of using the mystic forge

#5 Marth Reynolds

Marth Reynolds

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

I've gotten most of them from bags so far, and that is with killing almost every type of mob in cursed shore for quite a while.
transmuting tier 5 into tier 6 is atm the best way to get them, even if it just gives around 10 per go.

Edit: actually i remember those minotaur spirits dropping them, but i can't remember where they were. (somewhere in malchor's leap though)

Edited by Marth Reynolds, 04 September 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#6 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

You can farm them on high level Trolls in Frostgorge Sound. Drop rate is miserable but it's the best I've found so far.

#7 rrowland

rrowland

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:32 PM

View PostObski, on 04 September 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

There's always the option of using the mystic forge

View PostMarth Reynolds, on 04 September 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

transmuting tier 5 into tier 6 is atm the best way to get them, even if it just gives around 10 per go.
How do you transmute them from the mystic forge?

#8 Zu Darkcrosser

Zu Darkcrosser

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CON]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Skales in WvW also drop them, but again the droprate is poor.

#9 Marth Reynolds

Marth Reynolds

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

View Postrrowland, on 04 September 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

How do you transmute them from the mystic forge?
50 tier 5 trophies + 1 tier 6 trophy of same kind + 5 tier 6 crystals + 5 philosopher stones (sold by npc near mystic forge) = around 10 tier 6 mats (seems to range from 8 to 12 as reward or so?)

#10 rrowland

rrowland

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Not sure if that's accurate. I got 5. Wasted about a gold.

#11 agm

agm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

View PostIllein, on 04 September 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

You can farm them on high level Trolls in Frostgorge Sound. Drop rate is miserable but it's the best I've found so far.
Those drop potent blood, not powerful blood.

#12 Kurbstomp

Kurbstomp

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:30 PM

View Postagm, on 08 September 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

They drop powerful blood but it's a rare drop. This is the case with all t6 crafting mats.

#13 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

View Postagm, on 08 September 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

As someone else said - they DO drop them. Just low drop rates. But that's to be expected. Don't forget that you can throw 50 of the potent ones into the mystic forge with 1 powerful blood, 5 philospher stones and 5 dusts to transform them into more powerful ones.

So it's definitely a viable spot still if you ask me.

#14 Chemist

Chemist

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Ln]
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostKurbstomp, on 08 September 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

They drop powerful blood but it's a rare drop. This is the case with all t6 crafting mats.

View PostIllein, on 08 September 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

As someone else said - they DO drop them. Just low drop rates. But that's to be expected. Don't forget that you can throw 50 of the potent ones into the mystic forge with 1 powerful blood, 5 philospher stones and 5 dusts to transform them into more powerful ones.

So it's definitely a viable spot still if you ask me.

I can third that trolls in Frostgorge do drop Powerful bloods. I got 10 in a little over an hour, with 30 or so potents.

#15 Skigorv

Skigorv

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostIllein, on 08 September 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Don't forget that you can throw 50 of the potent ones into the mystic forge with 1 powerful blood, 5 philospher stones and 5 dusts to transform them into more powerful ones.

may I ask what kind of dust?

#16 jesuz

jesuz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

the dust is the one with the item u want. say. 50t1 blood / 1 t2 blood / 5 philo stones. that means u need 5 t2 dust. same for the higher levels and diferent mats. the dust u use must be of the same tier the mat u want (:

#17 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

View Postjesuz, on 09 September 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

the dust is the one with the item u want. say. 50t1 blood / 1 t2 blood / 5 philo stones. that means u need 5 t2 dust. same for the higher levels and diferent mats. the dust u use must be of the same tier the mat u want (:

I am not sure that's correct. I've only tried it with high level mats - but I thought it was always the 400 Pile of crystaline Dust.

Could be though. I mean, it'd make sense, no?

#18 Redhawk2007

Redhawk2007

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:36 PM

I can confirm that they do drop powerful blood, but very rarely. In over 2 to 3 hours of farming the Trolls and arctoduses around the Trionic Lattice, I got 5 powerful blood, 6 tier 6 claws and one tier 6 fang. I have two pieces of magic find gear and use the raspberry peach bars that give +26 percent magic find. There are raspberry bushes in the area too so I got a few precious raspberries.  In the latter hour I teamed up with another farmer and got a lot more drops due to the rapidity of the kills so bring a group if you can.The rest of the drops were all tier 5, of which I got between 20 to 30 of tier 5 claws and bloods, and a few totems from killing the nearby grawl who presumably also drop the higher level totems. I should mention that i did take time out from my farming to do the dragon event nearby twice, so pure farming might be more productive.

The arctoduses seemed to have a higher drop rate and were a lot easier to kill than the trolls, and I did participate in the troll killapalooza in the middle of the lattice where there is a champion troll and a chest. You should at least kill that guy once as it's a pretty intense fight with a group. I did this on 9/13/12 so could be subject to change if you are reading this later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users