• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * * 1 votes

Guild Wars 2 Database Updates, Contest & Giveaway!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • 4179 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Posted Image

Hey everyone! The dev team has been working hard to improve and update the database this week! Here are the changes:
  • Equipment is now supported on the skill calculator;
  • You can now edit your saved builds;
  • You can now filter items by stats and game type;
  • Latest Screenshot and Latest Comments pages added;
  • Various bug fixes
Thanks for all your support and feedback! If you have other suggestions or feedback for the database, please use this thread.

GW2DB Contest
On top of all the updates, we're holding a contest for the database! We're looking for people that can help populate the pages with data! To participate, simply browse the database and add helpful comments and screenshots. The top three contributors* will receive the following prizes: Five runner-ups will receive: *Top three contributors must be a US resident to receive physical prizes.

Contest Winners!
Wanderlust

Hatberg

fex

The contest ends September 8th, 12:00 AM (midnight, 0:00) PDT (GMT -7) and winners will be contacted via PM on GW2DB and announced the following Monday, September 10th.

Curse Premium Giveaway
On top of having a contest, we have a small giveaway thanks to the donations of some of our moderators. We have a few 1-month Curse Premium passes we would like to give out to the community. All you have to is reply to this thread with what you most like about the GW2DB. Yes, it's that simple!

#2 Thynsiia

Thynsiia

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

i love GW2:)

#3 Drakojan

Drakojan

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DICE]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

I love the skill calc and crafting recipes. I love discovery in GW2 but sometimes I just wannabrank up quickly or something. But yeah, by far my two favorite things about GW2DB. My guild leader likes the influence page lol.

#4 speaker4thedead

speaker4thedead

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

I REALLY hope someone helps out with the interactive map. That would be soooo valuable. There is always one or two Interest points hiding somewhere that are a bitch to find and an update to the maps would be ideal. Would kill for a update to, good version, of a map.

Oh and i like the crafting list and obviously the skill calc. Crafting is very overwhelming and this helps a lot. Skill calc is just a given, always helpful and nice.

#5 Yosepi

Yosepi

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Ring of Fire

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:56 PM

Gotta be the crafting recipes for me, that was - and still is - such a big help. If not for that, I would still be combining random crap from my inventory and wasting so many mats which I worked hard to get just to make components which mayor may not combine and give me that sexual xp boost. So yeah, thanks for that :)

#6 sanktanglia

sanktanglia

GW2DB Developer

• Curse Staff
  • Curse Premium
  • 127 posts
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

@speaker4thedead: one of our next upcoming updates to the site is focused entirely around the map

#7 infernoz

infernoz

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NP]

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Love the skill calculation tool, gonna need to use the recipe more often as I level =)

#8 Omega X

Omega X

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[OOM]

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

I like the item database. Saves a lot of trouble of figuring out what certain crafting items do.

#9 Excelsior_7

Excelsior_7

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:52 AM

Skill calc - best tool. Also like recipe DB because it can save you A LOT of mats.

#10 TinoGerin

TinoGerin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Well like everyone else i really really like the skill calc and recipes ... just a best thing not only for me

#11 solariz

solariz

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Abaddon’s Mouth

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:22 PM

"[b]*[/b][u]Top three contributors[/u][color=#131313][font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(244, 244, 244)] must be a US resident to receive physical prizes."[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#131313][font=tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(244, 244, 244)]MEHHH   WHY ? This shop is also available in EU[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[url="https://www.guildwars2.com/de/shop/charr-plush/"]https://www.guildwars2.com/de/shop/charr-plush/[/url]

Edited by solariz, 31 August 2012 - 12:27 PM.

( My Char: Fallacia Nox )

#12 Evel

Evel

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Guild Tag:[IE]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Curse Premium Account would be niiiiiice :D

#13 Ishtarrr

Ishtarrr

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Aww... Top three contributors must be in US :( I'm from EU.

#14 speaker4thedead

speaker4thedead

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

@ sanktanglia - Bless you kind sirs/madams!

#15 KitteNlx

KitteNlx

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:00 AM

Is there any way to [b]ADD[/b] items to the database that aren't already in it? The first item I searched for to see if I could add any information for isn't listed, and well, providing the item to the DB would definately count as a contribution don't you think?

Edit: Make that a few things I've found so far, and still checking and taking screenshots of them.

Edited by KitteNlx, 06 September 2012 - 12:08 AM.

#16 Khalija

Khalija

Leaf on the Wind

• Administrators
  • Curse Premium
  • 4179 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

[quote name='KitteNlx' timestamp='1346889652' post='1887758']
Is there any way to [b]ADD[/b] items to the database that aren't already in it? The first item I searched for to see if I could add any information for isn't listed, and well, providing the item to the DB would definately count as a contribution don't you think?

Edit: Make that a few things I've found so far, and still checking and taking screenshots of them.
[/quote]

sanktanglia and the rest of the dev team are working on getting missing items in the database. You can use the feedback thread linked in the OP to leave feedback on which items are missing.

Feel free to PM me if you have a question regarding moderation, want to leave some feedback, or just want to chat!

#17 KitteNlx

KitteNlx

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

[quote name='Khalija' timestamp='1346962394' post='1893450']
sanktanglia and the rest of the dev team are working on getting missing items in the database. You can use the feedback thread linked in the OP to leave feedback on which items are missing.
[/quote]

Thanks, I posted several images of the missing items in that thread for them. Not sure if they'll at all count toward the OP,but I'm glad to help out regardless.

#18 Hatberg

Hatberg

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DIE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Better than any Legendary ;) Thanks so much!

[img]http://freeimagehosting.nl/pics/07b260a96419d101f8464c37b052fcba.jpg[/img]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users