41 replies to this topic

#31 Gaaroth

Gaaroth

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

View Postkewlgui, on 24 September 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Oshef have you fought against a roaming D/D Basilisk Venom theif? It seems when I run D/D with BV I just insta kill their S/P theif before he can re-act. The combo is prepping BV, reving up Cnd, steal in ( proc'ing BV ), they Cnd will always land due to BV and then land a easy BS. Total about 14kish damage which is nearly unavoidable. Every tournament game that I run I will always single our their "Glass Cannon" and 90% one shot them, just shutting them out of the game. Oh and I still believe that S/P is a superior spec due to the utility but if you change your mind set I Think that BV and D/D will be the next Fotm.

true but let's face that...anything except a glass cannon builds will be a huge pain the ass, and roaming involving fight sometimes rangers, mesmers, engineers.
Is still good for the lulz but i find that so much fragile :P (since i guess you are going glass cannon too to put out such damage)

Edited by Gaaroth, 24 September 2012 - 03:40 PM.

#32 Oshef

Oshef

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

View Postkewlgui, on 24 September 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

Oshef have you fought against a roaming D/D Basilisk Venom theif? It seems when I run D/D with BV I just insta kill their S/P theif before he can re-act. The combo is prepping BV, reving up Cnd, steal in ( proc'ing BV ), they Cnd will always land due to BV and then land a easy BS. Total about 14kish damage which is nearly unavoidable. Every tournament game that I run I will always single our their "Glass Cannon" and 90% one shot them, just shutting them out of the game. Oh and I still believe that S/P is a superior spec due to the utility but if you change your mind set I Think that BV and D/D will be the next Fotm.

I think you're right on all counts here. It really just comes down to if I see them first, or if they see me first. If I catch d/d glass backstab with an infiltrators strike they're usually dead. If they see me first and can prep their opener I'm dead. I think this is already FOTM - and I think it will be more attractive to newer players because of the absurdly huge numbers. 22k backstab's are super fun to see (for the thief, anyway).

I ran the glass basilisk D/D, and it's hilarious to one-shot people, but I think S/P is more survivable (in most situations) because of infiltrators strike - and S/P is AoE damage, where D/D is single target. I also feel like that build requires a 45ish second set of cooldowns to be up to do respectable damage - where S/P is still very good damage outside of haste, and godlike damage with haste up.

The number of tanky retal spec'd guardians has been increasing lately, and it's a huge problem for me. I don't know if d/d would have an easier time with them or not. I assume they would because their burst happens on 3-4 hits, and mine happens on 15-18 different hits.

I have a burning fiery hatred for retaliation in its current state - particularly on guardians that can keep it up infinitely.

#33 Angrymime

Angrymime

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

I've tried every thief build I can find or imagine but this is my first sword build and all I have to say is... how in the hell have I lived without Infiltrator's Strike!  It is friggin amazing and absolutely essential in WvWvW as Cluster Bomb!

Mind speaking on the finer points of using Signet of Malice and when to pop the might?  It heals for so little and I'm not sure if I can give up the extra condition removal of Hide in Shadows.  About to give it a whirl now.

#34 Plowd

Plowd

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

Oshef... Any update or thoughts to the 15% Nerf to PW damage? Just curious as to your thoughts on what you are seeing.

#35 ilJumper

ilJumper

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostPlowd, on 10 October 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

Oshef... Any update or thoughts to the 15% Nerf to PW damage? Just curious as to your thoughts on what you are seeing.

Auto attack is higher damage then pw now..

#36 Plowd

Plowd

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:27 AM

I get that, just curious if he is still running the same setup. So far I haven't seen to much of a change in my success in running the setup.

#37 realmisr

realmisr

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:26 AM

15% dmg is hardly a game-changing difference. Damage fluctuation itself is more than that. I think the build remains the same.

Edited by realmisr, 12 October 2012 - 01:26 AM.

#38 Y A J U U

Y A J U U

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Profession:Thief
  • Guild Tag:[LaZy]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I enjoyed your build, I've moved on but it was cool.

Edited by Y A J U U, 12 February 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#39 SpelignErrir

SpelignErrir

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Hmm no shadow refuge? That's a required skill imo in WvW. You can jump into a crowd of 5, and if you can't handle it, drop a refuge, heal up a bit and stack stealth, then run away.

#40 Xandmanxx

Xandmanxx

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Hi I'm S/P as well but use different utilities. How do you get away? Shadow refuge and Shadowstep have always allowed me to reset fights or prep for a fight.

#41 Archonis

Archonis

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

I don't think that Oshef plays anymore.

He was in my guild and he is never on anymore.

#42 Sylvarythief

Sylvarythief

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:51 AM

Oshef is the thief able to win 1 vs 1 against a tanky gurdian(with greatsword) or a mesmer(stuff-2 one hand sw) ? with that build of course...
i lose 1v1 every time.. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: thief, spvp, tpvp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users