4 replies to this topic

#1 mald55

mald55

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hi,

I have been playing GW2 for a few days with a thief, and I have been wondering a few things.

1- Can I get PVP or W vs W armor that I can bring to the PVE areas?
2- What's the best way to make money atm (given the facet the trade post is down)?
3- I am lvl 28 atm, where should I go level?
4- Where can I get some good gear?(for my level)
5- How can i get more store space in my bank?
6- How much exp would I get from events and quests in starting zones? (The starting zone of each race)

Thanks!!

PS: You don't need to answer each question, just the ones you know. :P

Edited by mald55, 31 August 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#2 silavor

silavor

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

When you zoom out slightly on the map it shows you the ideal level range for each zone. The starting zones do not provide as much experience as the later zones, but you can still easily gain levels by doing the hearts in each starter zone no matter what level you are. If you want to face enemies closer to your level, however, try Gendarran Fields just north of Lion's Arch. If you want to get level-appropriate gear, try playing in a zone made for your level. You have a better chance of getting decent drops there, and any merchants you come across will sell things closer to your level. As for getting money, again, stick with zones appropriate for your level, and sell your drops. The money you get from completing hearts isn't too shabby, either.

#3 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

View Postmald55, on 31 August 2012 - 12:51 AM, said:

Hi,

I have been playing GW2 for a few days with a thief, and I have been wondering a few things.

1- Can I get PVP or W vs W armor that I can bring to the PVE areas?
2- What's the best way to make money atm (given the facet the trade post is down)?
3- I am lvl 28 atm, where should I go level?
4- Where can I get some good gear?(for my level)
5- How can i get more store space in my bank?
6- How much exp would I get from events and quests in starting zones? (The starting zone of each race)

Thanks!!

PS: You don't need to answer each question, just the ones you know. :P

1.The karma gear you get from WvW can be taken out into PvE
2.The best way to earn money right now is to save money, use karma gear, save all your mats, npcs all low/useless equipment.
3.Answered above, zoom out to see level ranges, at 28 you should be heading into a 30s area, and your personal story often takes you to maps of your level range.
4.Karma/Heart merchants in maps of your level
5.If you click on the grey bar below your bank space, it'll tell you that you can double click it for the option to buy more spaces (one more set of bank space, as big as your original, costs 600 gems)
6.You mean on your level 28 character? Not much, when you go back down to maps that are not of your level range it decreases the amount of exp you'd get from events, for example if you go to a level 1 zone with a level 28 character you may get around 30% of the exp from events as you would in a 30s area. (events scale rewards to your level but decreases them according to the level range of the map by percentage)

#4 mald55

mald55

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

View Postlmaonade, on 31 August 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

1.The karma gear you get from WvW can be taken out into PvE
2.The best way to earn money right now is to save money, use karma gear, save all your mats, npcs all low/useless equipment.
3.Answered above, zoom out to see level ranges, at 28 you should be heading into a 30s area, and your personal story often takes you to maps of your level range.
4.Karma/Heart merchants in maps of your level
5.If you click on the grey bar below your bank space, it'll tell you that you can double click it for the option to buy more spaces (one more set of bank space, as big as your original, costs 600 gems)
6.You mean on your level 28 character? Not much, when you go back down to maps that are not of your level range it decreases the amount of exp you'd get from events, for example if you go to a level 1 zone with a level 28 character you may get around 30% of the exp from events as you would in a 30s area. (events scale rewards to your level but decreases them according to the level range of the map by percentage)

Thank you so much, how hard is it to get good gear in WvW, also what do you get out of the regular PVP?
Thanks!

#5 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

View Postmald55, on 31 August 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

Thank you so much, how hard is it to get good gear in WvW, also what do you get out of the regular PVP?
Thanks!

the gear in WvW is fairly easy to get, you won't be outleveling the merchants too far, you'd be able to get enough karma to complete the level 10 set in your mid teens for example, since basically everything you can do in WvW that grants exp also grants karma (no more heart quests where upon completion only give exp and no karma)

However, once you start getting into higher levels the karma merchant in WvW will also start offering higher rarity equipments like masterwork (green), rare (yellow), and exotic (orange), for these higher rarity ones you might have a hard time completing sets before outleveling completely (for exotics that's for certain, in my 40s I couldn't even afford 1 piece before hitting 50), but the blue sets are always available and always easy to complete.

For sPvP, you really get nothing out of it, the only usable things you can take out into the world are basically the bags you get, in BWE 3 i got to rank 10 glory and got 2 8 slot bags along the way, never tried sPvP post-launch yet. Competing in sPvP is mainly for the thrill of objective-based PvP that requires more strategy and small teams type teamwork.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: level, armor, money, questions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users