3 replies to this topic

#1 mmouse

mmouse

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Kaineng

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

I'm level 50 now, and I'm still scratching my head when infront of the leatherworking station. I understand the basics but I can't find a way to boost up my level. I'm level 50 but I only have available the (Simple) recipes and can't discover new recipes to suit my level. I can't make the discovery tab work in my favor because I don't have any compatible materials.

Any tips on how I can boost my crafting exp and come to understand this crafting system inside-out?

#2 111uminate

111uminate

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:32 AM

I was at that point for a while myself, and still kinda' there. Have you tried making armor with any insignias in them? Malign, Vital etc. When you make armor with one of those in them you discover a new "recipe". Yeah, kinda' weird. You get a ton of extra exp each time you do it too, so it's absolutely worth crafting a piece of armor with each insignia in them.

#3 aarka

aarka

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:55 AM

Basically you craft insignias and then combine them with the basic mats for each slot in the discovery panel. This will unlock a higher level blue or green version of the piece of gear.

Starter example: Leather chest.
- first you make the basic lvl 5 white one. (if you want to wear it) Look at what it requires and then craft those pieces, refining the leather needed.  
- now look at which insignias you can make. For each type of insignia you can make, that's another version of the chest you can make through discovery
- to get the discovery panel working, first craft the basic 2 chest ingredients, then put them in the dicovery panel with the crafted insignia
- this will craft a lvl 10 blue chest

You can repeat that for each different type of insignia. In the end you should be able to discover 3 different level 10 chests. And all of this can be repeated for each gear slot like gloves, pants and boots.

That's very basic as it gets way more complex, but that should get you started with discovery.

Edited by aarka, 31 August 2012 - 10:06 AM.

#4 Miteshu

Miteshu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:59 AM

What you do:
  • Refine the leather.
  • Craft the two armor components.
  • Craft insiginia(Use from the Crafting component tab ex. Vial of Thin Blood, Small Totem, scale etc.)
  • Use the discovery tab and combine the armor component with the insiginia
  • Repeat for more exp
Also, grind for the materials needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users