• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spritepac

spritepac

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:32 AM

So i have like a level 6 necro nothing to boast about but I'm trying to find a good weapon set for me to use. I want to become an MM but at such a low level its not even close to viable and I feel the staff is best suited for that. Right now I'm wondering whether I should use axe dagger or scepter main hand with either a dagger or focus for the off hand. The axe seems to give me good DPS with half decent range, the dagger gives great dps but its melee, and scepter is great condition spammer. I've read the forums here and it seems that there are lots of necros using dagger. I feel its good for maybe a couple targets but seeing as necros wear light armor is that really viable forever? I know even with just like 4 risen thrall on me I have to keep kiting and not sure if I can take them on melee style without kiting. Any advice?

#2 nXken

nXken

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

experiment.
Then take the weapons that suit you best =)

#3 Vampire Duzell

Vampire Duzell

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

I always have a staff.
My other weapon set was axe/warhorn for a while, because axe has pretty good dps and the warhorn has a speed boost which I used to get around places .-.
However, now I am thinking of going dagger/warhorn because it is faster and it generates a lot of life force quickly. The only problem is catching people in WvW, which is why I have the warhorn (Yes, the dagger does have the immobilization skill, but the cd is a tad long and half the time the opponent outruns me .-.)

#4 Don Fawful

Don Fawful

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Staff and Axe + Warhorn is my usual thing. However I like the scepter/focus combo to but that's more single target oriented imho.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dagger, axe, staff, scepter, focus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users