#1 Ellana

Ellana

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Jade Sea

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Hello everyone,

I have a ton of karma and I need some golds for my crafting disciplines and I want to ask you where can I find the best legit way to do this exchange !

Thank you :)

#2 tiennen

tiennen

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Legit?   Nowhere.

#3 GODh

GODh

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SoD]
  • Server:Gunnar’s Hold

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

I think it depends on how you got your karma.. You can trade your karma for materials that are in demand and sell those materials.

However if you got your karma via abusing exploits, then you may have a problem (it seems that some players already have been banned for selling materials bought with abused karma).

#4 Korsen

Korsen

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

I agree with the above poster. If you earned your karma without exploits, you should be free and clear to spend it on items in demand and sell them that way. As far as I know, that should be okay...but I've been wrong before.

~K

#5 ndessell

ndessell

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

i would say its poping ruins out of masterwork gear, because as far as i can tell rune/sigil mats have the worst drop rates

#6 Ngamok

Ngamok

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RvL]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

View Postndessell, on 31 August 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

i would say its poping ruins out of masterwork gear, because as far as i can tell rune/sigil mats have the worst drop rates

This or selling karma purchased mats on the trading post.  I buy cooking supplies from the heart vendors that have the "bulk" supplies for 21 or whatever karma, maybe 29.  So when I do cooking, I am good to go.  I am sure people will buy that stuff up since it's good xp to 80.

#7 Mad_Monk_Fury

Mad_Monk_Fury

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

If you have high enough cooking, you can combine bay leaves and thyme leaves to get stew spices or something along those lines. You can get both ingredients for pure karma and the spices sell for 10 silver a stack.

#8 Th_ Magic_Bough

Th_ Magic_Bough

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 168 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TTC]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

This isn't asking for exploits.  Getting gold is a serious concern for those just playing WvW, where you rack up the karma, and gold goes quick to siege blueprints.  Any suggestions here would be very helpful.

1) How do you get runes out of masterwork gear?  (And how/where do you get masterwork gear?)

2) Is buying bulk cooking supplies for karma and selling them on the TP as viable way to get gold?

3) Any other legitimate means to convert karma into gold?

(Sorry if these are basic questions, but I've been playing WvW almost 95% of the time).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users