• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Will guild wars 2 run on a computer with integrated graphics?

guild wars 2 graphics guild wars computers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Seely

Seely

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

My computer isn't built for gaming so it has an integrated graphics card, however i really want to play guild wars 2 as I'm not building my computer until next year. So I'm wondering if I would be able to run the game. If not I suppose I could buy a graphics card and then take it out when I build my new computer? Would this work? If so what card should I buy and how much money would I be looking at? My current computer only has an intel inside i3 core processor and 8gb ram. I would appreciate anyone that can help me as I really want to play the game but don't want to buy it for nothing. Thanks guys.

#2 RAD

RAD

Indecisive

• Moderators
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics will run it, sorta. my families computer has an i3 proccessor and hd 2000 graphics. those could only run gw2 at about 15 fps so I bought a gt 440 for $40 on sale at my local best buy and it runs at around 30 fps now. which is easily playable.

Edited by RAD, 31 August 2012 - 08:04 PM.

Something on your mind? Question about Moderation or anything else? Talk to Me.

#3 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3346 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

It depends upon what version of Intel HD graphics is in your i3, and what you mean by 'run'. HD3000 may be able to give you playable fps with low settings. HD2000 would need help to be playable, but it also depends upon the rez.

So, yes, you can 'run' the game, but you might need a video card to make it playable. The easiest thing to do is to try it, and upgrade the video if you want.

Without knowing the wattage of your power supply, the best I could recommend as a video card would be an HD7750 (~$100), next down from that would be an HD6670 (~$65), below that, you might not see any difference from HD3000.

You probably wouldn't want to carry any of those cards over to your next build though. But to suggest anything better we'd need to know your power supply's wattage, your budget, and possibly, the model number of the computer if it's a pre-built.

Edited by Quaker, 31 August 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#4 IST

IST

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Hobo]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

It wouldn't do it justice, to be honest.

#5 REEFER

REEFER

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

I run the game easily with integrated graphics. Mind you its an Nvidia 8100 Chipset, yet it still is technically too low for GW2, but runs it fine.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guild wars 2, graphics, guild wars, computers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users