• Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 5 votes

Guardian - Zealot Spike Guide for sPvP and tournaments!

guardian spike guide

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 Johda

Johda

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

still  good guide but i think in paid tournaments it isnt usefull at all cause you dont have any condition removal without focus. so in that case you are pretty useless and every single class is better for your team, cause you only have one shout. for public its pretty cool cause u can win every 1v1.

#122 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostJohda, on 19 December 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

still  good guide but i think in paid tournaments it isnt usefull at all cause you dont have any condition removal without focus. so in that case you are pretty useless and every single class is better for your team, cause you only have one shout. for public its pretty cool cause u can win every 1v1.

Side point caps/holds mate.

#123 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostRendar, on 19 December 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

Could you expand more on the build with using the same trait setup as the original post, but using Greatsword and Sword/Shield?

Do you just use GS for group fights, and Sword/Shield for 1on1?

I was experimenting starting out with Sword Shield, doing Virtue of Justice, Smite Condition, Judge's Intervention, ZD.  Then once its all gone into cooldown, switching to Greatsword, laying down symbol of wraith, then whirling wraith with pretty good success.
I was just curious as I say you build for this in the first link, but then in your greatsword video you changed the traits and went with sword/focus.

Something like this http://gw2skills.net...GbNuak1sgYExkCA

Well I did a variety of videos, so not all of them were up to date.
I'd suggest:
http://en.gw2skills....GbNuak1sgYExkCA
For Sword/Shield - GS

Big massive important rule: never, ever contain yourself to the idea that certain weapons can only be used in certain situations, it simply isn't true whatsoever. Use the weapon set you need, don't restrict yourself. For example sword/shield is amazing in team fights, so is the GS, as knocking down single targets is very, very important. While Greatsword is very good at dealing large amounts of AoE damage, punishing balled enemies and summons.

Was this enough information for you? If not what else do you need?

#124 dpballistixx

dpballistixx

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[IM]
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

I haven't been playing this long, so I do realise that there are other ways to do it and ways I may want to change it, however, as a starting point, the difference it made to my PvP was instantly noticeable, thank you very much :)

#125 MonoAudioStereo

MonoAudioStereo

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

I found this build usefull in WvW. I love the chasing people with swords Flashing Blade then instant Judge's Intervention which gives total 1800 range teleport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users