Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
* * * * - 5 votes

Guardian - Zealot Spike Guide for sPvP and tournaments!

guardian spike guide

  • Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#61 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

My new video is up ^^
About glory farming, not really the best guide, but to make people aware of what they need to do to get higher points!



Hope you enjoyed it ^^
@ zosek, my theory is to improve the general population of the game by supplying them with guides so that they don't have to do the build theory for themselves. This build gives them great versatility while still being strong in many different aspects! As for AoE I've actually been testing GS as the secondary weapon for a while now. It seems strong even with no points invested!

And I don't know what build you're using but generally vs another guardian not using triple meditation build I don't even burn my heal while killing them, maybe you were playing against a new player or somebody new to the build? You could be exceptional at crowd control but you said yourself you're new to pvp? Whatever the situation I advise you to try my build because it's extremely effective in almost all situations!
Thanks for your time ^^

PS. this is my first webcam stream video so be nice ^^

Edited by JaxSilven, 11 September 2012 - 09:21 AM.


#62 DanteMustDie44

DanteMustDie44

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

View PostAodan, on 03 September 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

1. Ogre is stupid good, you should be using at least 4 then 2 divinity if your going a highly offensive build. The marginal crit dmg/chance loss is a great trade for a pet that will bump your dps up significantly.
2.  CoP is only really needed in tournament against heavy condition comps, even then it can be a waste of a utility as you can get more productive condi removal without wasting a utility solely on it.
3. Why get focused Mind for SC when CoP/JI are already instant. one major for a marginal 1 second cast doesn't seem very note worthy. Why not try Purity or Ret Armor.
4. Renewed Focus is a very selfish elite, in hot join, I guess you could get a lot out of it, but in tournament, smart use of ToC is huge.

Come on...Watch the actual videos before posting stuff. He mentions literally everything you just said in the video.

#63 Destati

Destati

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Get a haircut you hippie

but anywho, against another guardian I guess whoever has more vitality will end up being the winner. I am a super-aggressive guardian. I faced a tank guardian before. It took nearly a minute to kill him, and that was only because an ally showed up. It would have taken even longer without him. Generally, if I see another guardian, I try and stay away. Let someone else handle him.

Edited by Destati, 11 September 2012 - 04:52 PM.


#64 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostDestati, on 11 September 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Get a haircut you hippie

but anywho, against another guardian I guess whoever has more vitality will end up being the winner. I am a super-aggressive guardian. I faced a tank guardian before. It took nearly a minute to kill him, and that was only because an ally showed up. It would have taken even longer without him. Generally, if I see another guardian, I try and stay away. Let someone else handle him.

Ahaha doesn't get shorter =P
It goes by vitality if they're the same skill with the same build. If you use your skill correctly you should win 80-90% of the time with somebody the same build as you. For example, sometimes I play people with the same build but I use shield of wrath on their ZD, while mine hits clean, they lose a tonn of hp and I don't lose any. Things like this change the outcome completely without vitality even being a factor.

#65 ZNICK

ZNICK

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

I had NEVER played a Guardian before and rolled one with this build last night... proceeded to get it to level 3 or 4, and got bored so entered sPvP. I was somewhat familiar with 1-2-3 of Scepter because I played it for 3 levels, and kind of knew what the 4-5's did. (I stress "kind of")  I had no idea what the sword did, but I knew #2 leaped at my enemy and the other 2 did damage.I had no idea what 7-10 did besides reading the descriptions. (and forgetting them 2 mins later, lol)

I then played 4 matches of pickup sPvP. No, I didn't dominate anyone.  However... I won some (not all) 1v1's where all I was doing was mashing buttons in no real order.  (again, I had no practice or experience with these and should have lost)  Most 1v1's I stayed alive until someone else came from one team or the other. I stayed alive in a couple 1v2's for what seemed forever.

In all games I was in the top half of my team in points, and in TWO I was #1...

I felt like a ship without a rudder, but can absolutely tell that once I know this class and learn this set of skills, I'll tear people apart... nice build!

Z

Edited by ZNICK, 12 September 2012 - 04:16 PM.


#66 AprilBoy

AprilBoy

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

can you guys give an opinion to greatswords? why is it that it's not being used in sPVP? is whirling blade inferior to ZD in total damage output?  

is the total contribution of 1hand sword better than GS?

are GS only good for PVE/WvW? or not even?

sorry for the many questions..

#67 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostZNICK, on 12 September 2012 - 04:15 PM, said:

I had NEVER played a Guardian before and rolled one with this build last night... proceeded to get it to level 3 or 4, and got bored so entered sPvP. I was somewhat familiar with 1-2-3 of Scepter because I played it for 3 levels, and kind of knew what the 4-5's did. (I stress "kind of")  I had no idea what the sword did, but I knew #2 leaped at my enemy and the other 2 did damage.I had no idea what 7-10 did besides reading the descriptions. (and forgetting them 2 mins later, lol)

I then played 4 matches of pickup sPvP. No, I didn't dominate anyone.  However... I won some (not all) 1v1's where all I was doing was mashing buttons in no real order.  (again, I had no practice or experience with these and should have lost)  Most 1v1's I stayed alive until someone else came from one team or the other. I stayed alive in a couple 1v2's for what seemed forever.

In all games I was in the top half of my team in points, and in TWO I was #1...

I felt like a ship without a rudder, but can absolutely tell that once I know this class and learn this set of skills, I'll tear people apart... nice build!

Z

Thanks mate ^^ Hope you get the hang of it soon =D, just try to use judge's intervention on your zealot's defence (sword 3) so that you hit a lot harder. Also make sure you know what shield of wrath does (focus 5) as it defends you from burst damage and any damage in general!! Good luck!

View PostAprilBoy, on 12 September 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

can you guys give an opinion to greatswords? why is it that it's not being used in sPVP? is whirling blade inferior to ZD in total damage output?  

is the total contribution of 1hand sword better than GS?

are GS only good for PVE/WvW? or not even?

sorry for the many questions..

If you have to choose between sword/focus and greatsword, the s/f will always be better with this build. But what I've been doing the last few days is running s/f and a gs instead of the scepter shield. This puts out a lot more damage and can punish entire teams for balling up, but lowers your utility and defence by a lot. I may post a guide for it tomorrow after work ^^

#68 Destati

Destati

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostAprilBoy, on 12 September 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

can you guys give an opinion to greatswords? why is it that it's not being used in sPVP? is whirling blade inferior to ZD in total damage output?  

is the total contribution of 1hand sword better than GS?

are GS only good for PVE/WvW? or not even?

sorry for the many questions..

I use a Sword/Torch and a Greatsword.

It really comes down to cooldowns for the most part. I'm not going to sit and maintain my sword/torch if I can only use my 1. Even that being said, Sword/Torch is great for 1v1. But sometimes that's not the situation we're given. Greatsword is great (pun most defiantly intended) for anything more than one. Whirling Wrath is insanely powerful, and its power does not diminish if there are multiple enemies, but instead hits them all. Problem with ZD is that you can only hit one enemy, in one direction. If you change facing or move, the attack ends and is put on a high CD. The symbol is even more AOE, the leap combined with flashing blade gives more chases and binding blades has saved many allies in the past. It also provides a condition effect that's not a condition.

There also happens to be that Major Trait that gives a 5% boost to power.

So even though I use the 15% crit rate boost on right handed weapons, I am not using the greatsword for the purpose of getting crits.

#69 Kabosh9

Kabosh9

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

either im doing something wrong or this was nerfed.

#70 Kabosh9

Kabosh9

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

ok..i was doing something wrong..lol k nothing to see here move on.

#71 Leandri

Leandri

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

Just in case you did not know: You can actually put the bloodlust sigil in both weapons of your set and you will get 10 stacks for every kill.

#72 Ranko

Ranko

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 525 posts
  • Location:Ohio
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[vVv]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

View PostAodan, on 03 September 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

1. Ogre is stupid good, you should be using at least 4 then 2 divinity if your going a highly offensive build. The marginal crit dmg/chance loss is a great trade for a pet that will bump your dps up significantly.
2.  CoP is only really needed in tournament against heavy condition comps, even then it can be a waste of a utility as you can get more productive condi removal without wasting a utility solely on it.
3. Why get focused Mind for SC when CoP/JI are already instant. one major for a marginal 1 second cast doesn't seem very note worthy. Why not try Purity or Ret Armor.
4. Renewed Focus is a very selfish elite, in hot join, I guess you could get a lot out of it, but in tournament, smart use of ToC is huge.

You mean that stupid little dog that dies to my greatsword AoE just like the thieves guild thieves? That thing is useless. There is no reason someone should change up any setup just to incorporate a little gimmick like that dog, that only has a CHANCE to deal a lot of damage. Not once has a rock dog made a difference in someones fight against me.

Also, why would an OFFENSE based guardian bring that stupid tome skill? That skill causes nothing but downtime when you are just standing there healing, instead of killing something. That is just an asinine move. Being a guardian, whether people want to admit it or not, makes you a high priority target to a lot of teams, as they feel you will be hard to kill and want you out of the way quickly, RF, if timed well can block a ridiculous amount of damage, and put people into situations where multiple players have power skills on cooldown, turning the tide of battle quickly.

View PostJaxSilven, on 12 September 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

If you have to choose between sword/focus and greatsword, the s/f will always be better with this build. But what I've been doing the last few days is running s/f and a gs instead of the scepter shield. This puts out a lot more damage and can punish entire teams for balling up, but lowers your utility and defence by a lot. I may post a guide for it tomorrow after work ^^

Punish them for balling up? Don't you mean, force them into balling up? XD

Edited by Ranko, 20 September 2012 - 08:42 AM.


#73 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hey all, been so flat out with work (up to 13days in a row now) that I've been too exhausted to make videos =(
Tomorrow (technically today it's 2am) I'll try and do an updated guide with what I'm currently using. Also have a few new builds using the hammer.
Currently running:
Sword/Focus + Greatsword, 5k AoE whirling wrath when people don't dodge or are stunned, etc. Although doesn't match the sword focus in single target damage, is definitely good for team fights.

Hopefully have a vid up in around 12hrs =)

#74 Aodan

Aodan

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1616 posts
  • Location:California

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

View PostRanko, on 20 September 2012 - 08:40 AM, said:

You mean that stupid little dog that dies to my greatsword AoE just like the thieves guild thieves? That thing is useless. There is no reason someone should change up any setup just to incorporate a little gimmick like that dog, that only has a CHANCE to deal a lot of damage. Not once has a rock dog made a difference in someones fight against me.

Also, why would an OFFENSE based guardian bring that stupid tome skill? That skill causes nothing but downtime when you are just standing there healing, instead of killing something. That is just an asinine move. Being a guardian, whether people want to admit it or not, makes you a high priority target to a lot of teams, as they feel you will be hard to kill and want you out of the way quickly, RF, if timed well can block a ridiculous amount of damage, and put people into situations where multiple players have power skills on cooldown, turning the tide of battle quickly.



Punish them for balling up? Don't you mean, force them into balling up? XD

That post was made before the ToC nerf. A full reset on yourself and others WAS better than RF in an offensive build when ToC had stability. Not anymore.

The rock dog actually has as much if not more than thieves and it's helpful in that against squishy/glassy players it does a lot of added damage and has a significant up time. Esp against down opponents, the pet will stick on them. There have been numeral times in tournaments where the rock dog finished off a thief I downed while I was fighting other players.

As to the OP in hot join 3meditation is ok, but if you ever do tournaments you need to slow SYG for stability.Without stability you will almost never secure finishes or team rez

Edited by Aodan, 20 September 2012 - 05:52 PM.


#75 Morhilion

Morhilion

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostAodan, on 20 September 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

That post was made before the ToC nerf. A full reset on yourself and others WAS better than RF in an offensive build when ToC had stability. Not anymore.

The rock dog actually has as much if not more than thieves and it's helpful in that against squishy/glassy players it does a lot of added damage and has a significant up time. Esp against down opponents, the pet will stick on them. There have been numeral times in tournaments where the rock dog finished off a thief I downed while I was fighting other players.

As to the OP in hot join 3meditation is ok, but if you ever do tournaments you need to slow SYG for stability.Without stability you will almost never secure finishes or team rez

What kind of team comp do you generally run when you play offensive spec? I kind of want to try it out but i always get put on bunker duty.

#76 Aodan

Aodan

    Seraph Guardian

  • Members
  • Curse Premium
  • 1616 posts
  • Location:California

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostMorhilion, on 20 September 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:



What kind of team comp do you generally run when you play offensive spec? I kind of want to try it out but i always get put on bunker duty.

Split 2-2-1 usually with a warrior or engi

#77 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:08 AM



Was going to go into more depth, but I'm so exhausted from work that I forgot what I was talking about.
<- sah smart
Still has the current setup I'm running, may do a defensive build guide later on (and redo this ofc)

#78 Leandri

Leandri

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

View PostJaxSilven, on 21 September 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:



Was going to go into more depth, but I'm so exhausted from work that I forgot what I was talking about.
<- sah smart
Still has the current setup I'm running, may do a defensive build guide later on (and redo this ofc)

I prefer the scepter/shield even in teamfights just because of the shield bubble (to knockback enemies whoa re going to stomp your mates and things like that). And the thing with no stability while using tome of courage... well you could just use "Stand your ground!". Just use it while casting the tome of courage and you have like 4,5 seconds of stability to cast the full heal.
Scepter is so amazing because of the immobilize and Smite. I usually use Smite when I have to stomp thieves or mesmers. When the thief already teleported he still has the stealth which could prevent you from stomping him, so I just use smite on his location and he usually just dies from smite even when he enters stealth.
I don't like Greatsword in this build but that is probably just my style :D

yeah "just" is kinda my favorite word... "just" realized how often I use it xD

Edited by Leandri, 21 September 2012 - 02:45 PM.


#79 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostLeandri, on 21 September 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

I prefer the scepter/shield even in teamfights just because of the shield bubble (to knockback enemies whoa re going to stomp your mates and things like that). And the thing with no stability while using tome of courage... well you could just use "Stand your ground!". Just use it while casting the tome of courage and you have like 4,5 seconds of stability to cast the full heal.
Scepter is so amazing because of the immobilize and Smite. I usually use Smite when I have to stomp thieves or mesmers. When the thief already teleported he still has the stealth which could prevent you from stomping him, so I just use smite on his location and he usually just dies from smite even when he enters stealth.
I don't like Greatsword in this build but that is probably just my style :D

yeah "just" is kinda my favorite word... "just" realized how often I use it xD

If you look back, my main build has scepter/shield as the secondary set. This was specifically for people who really wanted to use GS, because I found it was definitely viable. Stand your ground is in the optionals, I reaaaally should write up a guide so people don't get confused.
And yes smite is one of the best Guardian skills, it can also spot cloaked players (or mark a location they can't be). I use stand your ground in team fights, but I personally still prefer RF due to the ability to stop spikes =)
I do approve of your SYG -> ToC to full heal, I honestly hadn't thought of that =D
Thank you for the feedback ^^

#80 Zoobi

Zoobi

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Looking forward to the hammer build that is not a bunker build, been fooling around with one myself but haven't quite locked down something I like yet.

#81 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

View PostZoobi, on 22 September 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

Looking forward to the hammer build that is not a bunker build, been fooling around with one myself but haven't quite locked down something I like yet.

Was going to do a guide for it this weekend, unfortunately I have the flu qq, hopefully I'm better by the end of the week =(

#82 Sygmaelle

Sygmaelle

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

Was usin a crazy build with hammer / sword + torch and it was workin kinda nicely for the only purpose of beein super agressive, find it really fun to deal 6k+ knockback with the hammer, then a blast with skill 2 that can hit insanely hard, root with 3 and then switch to sword / torch to simply burn what is left of the healthbar to 0 really quickly.

Workin great against melees, but not that good against ranged tho :D

#83 Le_Gi

Le_Gi

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Location:Germany
  • Guild Tag:[Dmns]
  • Server:Riverside

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

hey folks,

i would like to have an opinion on "my" spec im playing with as i am looking for improvements. i dont think that i have to open a new thread because the spec is very similar to some of those posted here. i red the thread, but havent watched the vids yet.

http://gw2skills.net...NOkk1soYQx j5HA

This spec ist mostly for tournaments where i am in most of the teamfights. my role would a damagedealing / stomping downed people.

I take Torch over Focus as i dont like the long CD on SoW, nevertheless i have one in my bag so i can switch to Focus when I see a Thief engaging me 1on1. Same thing for JI vs CoP. If i see a heavy conditionteam or have problems keeping me "clean" i switch in CoP for more survivability. I feel finishing Thiefs on first stomp with JI is quite strong and the extra mobility is sometimes needed because of the lack of snares my spec has.

I am still playing around with ToC+SYG but for now its working just fine.

What do you think about Inspired Virtue (without RF) vs Superior Aria? I feel like both are great Traits, but am unsure which one i want to use.

I dont use Sigil of Superior Bloodlust because i see myself often getting focussed after the enemyteam realises that i am quite a threat if left alone.

At last, sorry for my bad grammar, english is obviously not my first language..

Edited by Le_Gi, 25 September 2012 - 05:27 PM.


#84 Ashanor

Ashanor

    Sylvari Specialist

  • Members
  • 527 posts
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 02 September 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

You are correct that his build is not a complete burstlock combo, I personally use a similar build to yours except I use hammer for immob+MB instead of scepter.
But you also give too much credit to the average Joe out there (which is a mistake I've been doing until recently too).
Until the blizz crowd is gone from pvp you can easily plow through most people without needing an all-out 1vs1 demolition build on you.
80% of people in spvp are WASDing, keyboard-turning, skill-clicking button mashers; even when you get to high ranks they still make at least 50% of your opponents (I guess bads got there by farming other bads).
Very few people are aware of the Guardian's weak point.

Therefore, I find it better to have a build that allows you to mow your lawn while still having enough tools to deal with the situation where you get bads in your team and they get rolled so you need to keep 2 to 3 players tunneled on you while the bads come back from the waypoint.
Because while plowing through bads is awesome, it doesn't hold capture points, and sadly the outcome of games is about points so you need a way to rebalance the game in your favor when your teammates are getting rolled.

WASDing? Who doesn't use movement keys. W is forward, A is strafe, D is strafe. Use mouse to turn obviously.

#85 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostAshanor, on 25 September 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

WASDing? Who doesn't use movement keys. W is forward, A is strafe, D is strafe. Use mouse to turn obviously.

Most WASDers do backpedaling / keyboard turning.
And generally speaking, wasting 3 fingers for movement isnt the best deal imo, I feel much better with mouse movement + utility on right hand and have my left hand free for all skills, dodge, swaps, profession skills, etc.
It doesn't leave room for mistakes, gives much faster reaction, and gets the most out of both your hands rather than overwhelming one with too many tasks.
Then again I have full gaming hardware so this might not be available to everyone.

#86 aqlaql

aqlaql

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

when i drive my car i prefer to have the gear stick integrated with my steering wheel so that i get the most out of both hands

#87 JaxSilven

JaxSilven

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 191 posts
  • Location:Australia
  • Guild Tag:[nD]
  • Server:Anvil Rock

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Chillax guys, hotkeys are actually the least important thing you have to worry about. I remember a few top players from gw1 who didn't use their mouse for movement at all (unheard of in top level play).
I actually use a weird setup for mine, might post it if anybody is interested, aslong as you're not wasting tonns of time using your skills/moving/etc then you're fine.

View PostSygmaelle, on 25 September 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

Was usin a crazy build with hammer / sword + torch and it was workin kinda nicely for the only purpose of beein super agressive, find it really fun to deal 6k+ knockback with the hammer, then a blast with skill 2 that can hit insanely hard, root with 3 and then switch to sword / torch to simply burn what is left of the healthbar to 0 really quickly.

Workin great against melees, but not that good against ranged tho :D
Sounds awesome, just remember you have much less defence without the focus, simply due to no shield of wrath, I realise you do have utility on the hammer but I would suggest trying the focus (SoW also hits 5k+ when it exploads).

View PostLe_Gi, on 25 September 2012 - 11:47 AM, said:

hey folks,

i would like to have an opinion on "my" spec im playing with as i am looking for improvements. i dont think that i have to open a new thread because the spec is very similar to some of those posted here. i red the thread, but havent watched the vids yet.

http://gw2skills.net...NOkk1soYQx j5HA

This spec ist mostly for tournaments where i am in most of the teamfights. my role would a damagedealing / stomping downed people.

I take Torch over Focus as i dont like the long CD on SoW, nevertheless i have one in my bag so i can switch to Focus when I see a Thief engaging me 1on1. Same thing for JI vs CoP. If i see a heavy conditionteam or have problems keeping me "clean" i switch in CoP for more survivability. I feel finishing Thiefs on first stomp with JI is quite strong and the extra mobility is sometimes needed because of the lack of snares my spec has.

I am still playing around with ToC+SYG but for now its working just fine.

What do you think about Inspired Virtue (without RF) vs Superior Aria? I feel like both are great Traits, but am unsure which one i want to use.

I dont use Sigil of Superior Bloodlust because i see myself often getting focussed after the enemyteam realises that i am quite a threat if left alone.

At last, sorry for my bad grammar, english is obviously not my first language..

Most of the stuff you've done is in the optionals to my build, I just no longer approve of ogre (seeing as the dog usually doesn't last long and it doesn't suit this build as well as div), I'm glad you're having success. And I'd say superior aria rather than inspired, especially since you aren't on RF (you'd mainly just be using justice which gives 5s of 100+ total damage, don't feel it's worth it!)

#88 Scotchmist

Scotchmist

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 25 September 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Most WASDers do backpedaling / keyboard turning.
And generally speaking, wasting 3 fingers for movement isnt the best deal imo, I feel much better with mouse movement + utility on right hand and have my left hand free for all skills, dodge, swaps, profession skills, etc.
It doesn't leave room for mistakes, gives much faster reaction, and gets the most out of both your hands rather than overwhelming one with too many tasks.
Then again I have full gaming hardware so this might not be available to everyone.
Eh? This game requires very little in the way of keybinding. Having "gaming hardware" and not using WASD won't make you any better.

#89 Red_Falcon

Red_Falcon

    Golem Rider

  • Members
  • 2417 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostScotchmist, on 26 September 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Eh? This game requires very little in the way of keybinding. Having "gaming hardware" and not using WASD won't make you any better.

That maybe applies to your class or your playstyle, certainly not to mine or the game itself.

View PostScotchmist, on 26 September 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Having "gaming hardware" and not using WASD won't make you any better.

Having max FPS, a keyboard and mouse with almost no input delay, 20ms ping / DPI and an efficient keybind setup are surely major factors to make me better than the average gamer with FPS lag, input lag, high ping and poor keybinds.

#90 aqlaql

aqlaql

    Pale Tree Seedling

  • New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostRed_Falcon, on 26 September 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

That maybe applies to your class or your playstyle, certainly not to mine or the game itself.



Having max FPS, a keyboard and mouse with almost no input delay, 20ms ping / DPI and an efficient keybind setup are surely major factors to make me better than the average gamer with FPS lag, input lag, high ping and poor keybinds.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the average gamer uses integrated graphics cards with their £5 extra-value keyboard and mouse set, dial-up internet and key-bindings on the numpad :(  silly me




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users