• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 ixbassamxi

ixbassamxi

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

So i was playing the game and it disconnected all of a sudden, i tried to login but it asked for email authentication, the weird thing is the fact that no email was sent to me? What's with this problem, and how can i contact GW2 without logging into my account, since i can't because of this..

#2 Mesmerizing Glory

Mesmerizing Glory

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

I have the exact same problem. The annoying thing is that I cannot a button which says "resend Authentication Email" ... I also have friends who have the same problem.

#3 ixbassamxi

ixbassamxi

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostMesmerizing Glory, on 01 September 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

I have the exact same problem. The annoying thing is that I cannot a button which says "resend Authentication Email" ... I also have friends who have the same problem.

Hopefully our accounts weren't hacked, just when i started enjoying the game..

#4 Mesmerizing Glory

Mesmerizing Glory

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

View Postixbassamxi, on 01 September 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Hopefully our accounts weren't hacked, just when i started enjoying the game..

Oh God, I didn't think about that ...

#5 zaeaz

zaeaz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

I have the same problem. It gives me my IP on the email LOL.

Why would i authorize myself

edit: and i cant even authorize myself it is giving an error

Edited by zaeaz, 01 September 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#6 Mesmerizing Glory

Mesmerizing Glory

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:23 PM

My main problem is that when it says "Waiting for Email Authentication" it keeps loading. That probably is because I haven't received the authentication email in the first place, but still worries me, especially after what Bassam said.

#7 zaeaz

zaeaz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostMesmerizing Glory, on 01 September 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

My main problem is that when it says "Waiting for Email Authentication" it keeps loading. That probably is because I haven't received the authentication email in the first place, but still worries me, especially after what Bassam said.
nah, if you read my post, In the email it is giving me my own IP adress and asks if I give permission, but i cant give permission on the email it is giving an error

#8 P4ndora

P4ndora

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

So all of you got this problem after DC? Maybe it's just bugged... I don't know, when I logged on this morning it asked for e-mail authentication too and I don't have any problems. You should contact the support team I guess.

#9 Alyone

Alyone

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

I have the same issue :( had a bugg, guildie suggested relogging, i did, and now it's not allowing me to log in, been 2 hours already, still haven't recieved the supposed Authentication email

#10 Diev

Diev

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

View Postixbassamxi, on 01 September 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

the weird thing is the fact that no email was sent to me?

Check your junk email, should be there.

#11 Alyone

Alyone

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostDiev, on 01 September 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

Check your junk email, should be there.
Not for me at least, first thing i do if i don't get an email is checking the junk folder

#12 zaeaz

zaeaz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

Guys , i managed to allow my access,
When you try to login dont close the launcher and go to your email, allow access then you are reay to go

you may have to wait a bit for email to come

Edited by zaeaz, 01 September 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#13 bizlib

bizlib

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Same here - didn't get any emails and also nothing in my junk email (have also allowed emails from Anet, NCsoft etc).
I understand it's a problem others have - on the guild wars 2 facebook page a lot of peeps have been posting about this...I just hope it's something that can be fixed (fast).

View Postzaeaz, on 01 September 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

When you try to login dont close the launcher and go to your email, allow access then you are reay to go

Problem is we are not receiving any emails. So we can not authenticate...
I wish they wouldn't turn that option on for everybody - would have saved us (and them) loads of problems.

#14 Mesmerizing Glory

Mesmerizing Glory

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:41 PM

Oke guys, After my launcher is loading and saying "Waiting for Authentication" it gives me error 42:0:9001:3927. What can it be?

#15 SekArkard

SekArkard

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

I suppose it's sort of a "time out" error. The launcher waits for an authentication that doesn't come.
By the way, I also have the same problem : no e-mail (nothing in my junk nor directly on the mail server). If I have to take a guess, Anet knows about it (seeing how many people are having the same problem) and we just have to wait.

#16 bizlib

bizlib

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostMesmerizing Glory, on 01 September 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Oke guys, After my launcher is loading and saying "Waiting for Authentication" it gives me error 42:0:9001:3927. What can it be?

Am guessing it's the same problem we have (just that you are getting an error msg and we are not), the server is unable to send out the auth email :(

Edited by bizlib, 01 September 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#17 Alyone

Alyone

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

View Postzaeaz, on 01 September 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

you may have to wait a bit for email to come
been waiting for 2 bloody hours mate ^^

#18 SekArkard

SekArkard

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Well, I really hope not but I guess you'll have to wait a lot longer :( It's been roughly a day for me and 2-3 days for other people.

Edited by SekArkard, 01 September 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#19 Alyone

Alyone

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

:o that has GOT to suck :( how are ya guys passing the time? :)

#20 SekArkard

SekArkard

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Well, seeing friends, playing other games and so on. Waiting is not really a problem except that my friends and I thought about playing together tomorrow and I doubt I'll be able to play. It would be great of course, but well...

#21 Mesmerizing Glory

Mesmerizing Glory

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Has anybody gotten any respond from Facebook, Twitter or Mail at all? They are posting on Twitter, but wont respond, apparently, to anything that has to do with the authentication * up ...

#22 SekArkard

SekArkard

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Well, I did see an answer telling us to
1) add "[email protected]" as trusted senders
2) check junk e-mail

But that didn't solve my problem. Maybe it will for you, though.
Except that, nothing as far as I know.

#23 bizlib

bizlib

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostSekArkard, on 01 September 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

Well, I did see an answer telling us to
1) add "[email protected]" as trusted senders
2) check junk e-mail

But that didn't solve my problem. Maybe it will for you, though.
Except that, nothing as far as I know.

Cheers, but this did not work for me :(
What gets me is that Anet/Ncsoft activated this option for everybody without asking us if we want it. True it's supposed to help us and protect us, but we should have the option to choose...
Apart from that and considering this has effected so many players (as seen from the amounts of posts on facebook) it's rather annoying that they do not update on this. Many believe they were hacked, others just don't understand what they need to do (keep trying to log on or what?)...

#24 Mesmerizing Glory

Mesmerizing Glory

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:19 PM

Facebook is really blowing up with all the question on what to do, either they haven't received the email, or the link in the email is broken. Twitter is a bit more quite, and they say that its a security measure. I can understand that it is, but they dont send out new emails or solutions to the problem.

View Postbizlib, on 01 September 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

(keep trying to log on or what?)...

No, we cant do anything before we receive and authenticate our god-damn email address. Yea, I'm starting to get frustrated.

#25 SekArkard

SekArkard

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

Well, the e-mail authentication has been used on other games (such as SW TOR) and, if it works, it really helps security.
So, assuming it will work, I wouldn't recommend deactivating it (yes, even though I'm one of those with the authentication problem).

The fact that Anet takes some time to answer comes mainly from the fact that the game is new and they have a lot of issues to fix. I would like for it to be on their higher priority list but maybe they have even more urgent stuff to do that we don't know.

I submitted a ticket yesterday, I'll let you know when I have an answer.

Edited by SekArkard, 01 September 2012 - 02:23 PM.

#26 Alwayshappy

Alwayshappy

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

I played perfectly this afternoon and all the days before - but I am dealing with the same issue now after I tried logging in a hour again. It says I need to authenticate my e-mail, but I haven't received the mail. I can't even log in on their website because my account isn't authenticated. Like what the hell? This is insane. Especially since they are doing nothing about it. This sucks. I shouldn't have logged out, lol. It says I am logging in from another IP, which isn't even the case. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if we were hacked. Thank you a lot A-net. Not.

#27 Spark026

Spark026

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Also have no email to authenticate. Can't play on a Sat. afternoon...

Edit: Taking the darn authenticator off for a bit, and at least giving us a chance to change our account emails(if that is actually the problem) would be NICE!!!  So far Hotmail on long wait, and Gmail also experiencing issues.

Edited by Spark026, 01 September 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#28 Kuju

Kuju

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GHST]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, I'm getting this issue now as well. Booted and when I tried logging back in I get the message with no email. When/if I get back in I hope I can disable this somewhere seeing as the message says I have it enabled. I'm more than patient/sympathetic with the issues Anet has been having this past week, but I would just ask they stop pushing out core features that do not necessarily work.

#29 Moazar

Moazar

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

I have the same thing, game crashed, asked for email authentication, no email arrived., I sent an email to them asking them to link my email to the account, they ask some information from you, now I'm waiting for them to reply.  Open tickets guys,

#30 wxkinrc

wxkinrc

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

no email arrived either
am using an old link from previus email
and it sais service unavailable
but it seems official page is down too
Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

sigh... "when its ready"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users