• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Graphical glitches, things disappearing and reappearing quickly.

graphics glitch driver nvidia disappearing indoors jumping flash flashing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Bael

Bael

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hello. I'm getting some odd graphical glitch occasionally. I can't screenshot the issue as it happens too quickly for me to capture so I will be attempting to describe it. I may be able to make a video of it if necessary however I am hoping it will not be.

Anyway, onto the issue. Basically, things on my screen such as objects (like walls or statues or such) or sometimes mobs or people will quickly disappear and then reappear. This will happen once, and then usually a few seconds before it happens again. It seems to be linked to the camera, as I will on rare occasions see this happen in an open space when I go under something for example, but I mostly run into the issue when exploring indoor areas or tight spaces. Some jumping puzzles (probably 1/5 or less) produce the problem aswell, though I'm not entirely sure why.

A related problem seems to be that animations on objects in these circumstances don't work either. For example I was recently in the Flame Temple Tombs in Diessa Lowlands, which was frustrating having to watch these graphical glitces, and I noticed after viewing a Youtube video that the animation of light melting the ice to get the sword didn't work for me; when I was playing all I saw was what I thought was a poor animation the ice smashing, which was actually steam, (though it still looked off) but I saw no light.

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening, I'm on a new computer and it's quite powerful so I am doubting hardware is the issue. Anyway the computer is a Core i7 3610QM with a GTX 680m for graphics, 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory, running from a 120GB Intel 520 SSD. I'm currently running the game on high without supersampling and a few other things like reflections. If anyone needs more specifics on the computer or the settings I use let me know.

I have the latest nVidia beta driver installed (306) as people were not reporting any issues with it regarding Guild Wars 2 here on this forum, certainly nothing similar to my problem. I'd considered wiping the driver and going to 304 but I haven't had any experience with that driver (I installed 306 as soon as I bought the computer). Should I try reinstalling the driver or installing a different driver version?

So...any advice or ideas on a solution? Thanks in advance.

#2 Versalife

Versalife

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Happens to me too, it's a pain in the butt.

Definitely nothing wrong with your PC in that regard.

#3 Zharadan

Zharadan

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

Yep happening to me as well with a GTX 680. Tends to be more noticeable in certain inner city spots. Had my card tested and there's no fault with it. Defo a game issue.

#4 moriz

moriz

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1553 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

also happens with me with my 7970 lightning. i suspect this is caused by the game engine being confused as to what's supposed to be visible on-screen, and what shouldn't be. the end result is that we get objects that randomly disappear.

#5 Critus

Critus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Ive had this issue happen to me but so far only inside the bar area in the human instance.

#6 Bael

Bael

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Well it's good to know other people have the problem too. No offense :angel:

I might try the 304 drivers out tomorrow but since at least one person (moriz) has the problem on an AMD card aswell I can't see it helping much. Maybe the next set of drivers or a game update will be of more help.

#7 id0licious

id0licious

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DoA]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:15 AM

http://www.guildwars...ical-artifacts/

See the many, many screenshots, and please submit bug reports.

#8 notacownow

notacownow

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:30 AM

I have the occasional flash of white and well i am not sure if this is intended as I am new to the game, but when i use a aoe style spell or a line style like wall of flame or cleansing flames or  anything flame...lol i see the flames but there is also a ring of upward moving gold puzzle pieces? Like its missing textures...

HD 7850 Sapphire OC i7 2600 8gb ddr3 mem.

Any ideas? Or is this something in the game and im just not used to it. Ill get a screenshot if ya want.

heres a screenshot:
Posted Image

#9 Tellia

Tellia

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

trust me it would look horrible if it were not intended and textures were missing. those little puzzle piece things are definitely supposed to be part of the animations.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: graphics, glitch, driver, nvidia, disappearing, indoors, jumping, flash, flashing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users