• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Guild Tag:[QG]
  • Server:Blacktide

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

LINK: http://www.gw2build....itive-5088.html

Posted Image

Introduction

After spending almost 300 hours on my Posted Image warrior and upon reaching level 80/sPvP rank 20 I just simply fell in love. Warrior is a type of class with very risky but rewarding play style - it all comes down to either kill or be killed. While I obviously did not have enough time to learn as much about other classes in Guild Wars 2, I am pretty confident that there is no class in the entire game that can pull off as much damage as warrior in such a very short amount of time. Warrior's burst with the correct spec is without a doubt best in game, hands down. That is what makes him so dangerous. If you are looking for a gap closer bruiser who can just sit on one target and focus the hell out of it, bursting it down in seconds: you did the right thing by choosing warrior. Of course there is always a downside to one's superiority. While warrior can pull off insane damage, he can be very squishy at times despite his heavy armor. Let me clarify on the matter in the next chapter of this guide.

Explanation of skill/weapon choices

Frenzy in combination with greatsword's Hundred Blades ability is just insane. The problem with frenzy though is that it also increases the damage YOU receive by 50%. That is A LOT. If you use frenzy at a wrong time, you will end up dead. That is where Endure Pain comes in. Endure Pain negates the effect of frenzy completly, making you completly immune to all types of damage you shall obtain in the next 5 seconds. Although such a syngery of those skills is great, it is not always best to use frenzy along with endure pain at the same time - it all depends on the situation that you find yourself in. When you see an oportunity to burst down a target and your opponents are focusing different player, there is no need for you to use endure pain. Both skills have very long cooldown and you have to use them wisely. It is also worth nothing that both frenzy and endure Pain act as a cc-breaker and remove any stun effects present on you.

You might ask: why greatsword? What is so great about this weapon? Well, greatsword comes with amazing utility/mobility (and trust me, mobility is always priceless for any melee class and I just can't stress this enough) on top of insane burst. With Greatsword, warrior can have up to three different leaps/gap closers. Whirlwind Attack, Rush and alas Bull's Charge that is our skill of choice. Our burst comes from the Hundred Blades ability that I mentioned before. The only problem with Hundred Blades is that it can be very easily avoided - that is why it is best used after stunning or knocking down your target of choice. It is also good counter if you are being focused. You just pop out endure pain along with frenzy, and your opponent will surely back down.

Skills 2 3, 4 and 5 are the type of undisputedly set in stone. Bull's Charge is your only CC that you so greatly need because of hundred blades's weakness. As for Signet of Rage, it works amazingly with Frenzy and uptime on it is half of all the time which is kind of OP. On top of almost constant movement speed you gain boost for your damage stats that work great with hundred blades. You could consider switching your Healing ability (1). As for the healing ability, Mending is my personal choice because of its additional effect being the removal of two conditions although both Healing Surge and Healing Sigent are viable and can prove to be superior to one another in certain situations, depending on the circumstances.

Your secondary weapon of choice should be an axe (MH) along with shield (OH). This will help you to survive some critical situations during which you are being focused by the enemy team. Also, shield does not only provide you with block, but also with 1 second long stun that can prove very useful.

As far as choosing weapon for water combat goes (though there is no water combat in tournaments due to lack of Raid on the Capricorn battleground in the bg roster), I suggest picking up Spear (close quarters aquatic weapon) - partly because of benefit that Slashing Power trait provides you with.
Though mainly because I find Spear to be the most useful underwater weapon. Number 5 ability (Posted ImageTsunami Slash) is yet another amazing gap closer that you can use in order to move faster through the battleground map or to simply stalk your prey.

One of the problems with Guild Wars 2 is that there are countless different types of buffs in-game with no detailed description of what they exactly benefit the player with. Let me list for you, all buffs (or rather boons) that are of interest to warrior and this spec in particular:

Posted Image Fury - 20% critical chance

Posted Image Might is a boon which increases power and condition damage and stacks in intensity. The effect of might is determined by the following formula:

0.375 * Level + 5 Power/Condition Damage per stack

Posted Image Swiftness is a boon that increases movement speed by 33%.

All of the above are gained from Signet of Rage

Posted Image Quickness is an effect that makes all skills and actions twice as fast. Quickness granted by non-elite skills usually comes with some kind of temporary drawback, such as penalty to endurance regeneration or increase in damage taken.

Gained by using Frenzy and also by procing Last Chance trait out of Arms line.

Posted Image Berserker Stance (obtained from Berserker's Might trait from the Strength line) - Gain adrenaline for a short time. Posted Image Duration: 8 s

As for Conditions (negative effect that can be inflicted against enemies through the use of skills and affecting traits):

Posted Image Bleeding is a stackable condition that deals damage over time.

Bleeding can stack in intensity up to 25 times and each stack does one pulse of damage per second. The damage dealt by bleeding is determined by the following formula:

2.5 + 0.5 * Level + 0.05 * Condition Damage per stack per second

Posted ImageVulnerability is a condition which increases damage the target takes by 1%.

Vulnerabilty stacks up to 25 times. Characters suffering from vulnerability have a shattering shield appear on themselves when the condition is applied.

Balancing your stats

As for the statistics, power is the most sought after stat for this spec (due to its scaling with Hundred Blades ability). Precision comes second, along with crit damage of which efficiency is based upon your crit chance (hence partly precision; the more precision you have, the more effective % crit damage becomes and vice versa).

Power >>> Precision > % Crit Damage >>

and the lesser stats of use for you are as follows:

Vitality > Toughness > Condition Damage

Condition damage is unfortunately kind of useless for the greatsword spec because only DoT (Damage over Time) ability that we have comes from traits and it procs upon critical hits (and upon critical hits it has only 33% chance to be applied to begin with). Anyway, DoTs are not what this build is about - we are supposed to burst down our enemy in matter of seconds before he is able to even react in any way.

Gameplay

During your prime (that is when you have your cooldowns active) you are an unstoppable wave of destruction, crushing everything in its path - none shall be able to withstand your might. That is why usage and management of cooldowwns is so essential when it comes to playing warrior properly.
Important thing to note about PvP is that there is no such thing as rotation when you confront other, real players. You have to learn how to adapt to different situations and that is what makes you a better player. Learn when to kill the right target and know when to pop your defensive cooldowns.

You should always have a warhorn Posted Image in your inventory and use it when you are out of combat. Why? It will grant you a free speed boost and you won't have to waste your Signet of Rage. Once you use Posted Image Charge just open your inventory and re-equip your greatsword. IMPORTANT! Make sure that you don't get yourself into combat with your warhorn equipped because then you won't be able to use your greatsword and thus will be pretty much screwed.

Here is the list of abilities with detailed description (including CD's) that warrior using greatsword gains:

Posted ImagePosted Image Arcing Slice, Burst Ability Posted Image 10, Strike your foe with an uppercut and gain fury. Useless ability, don't even bother to use it. Why? Because of: Healing Surge and traits that we chose (Berserker's Power and Heightened Focus).
Posted Image Greatsword Swing, Slash your foe.
Posted ImagePosted Image Greatsword Slice, Slice your foe.
Posted ImagePosted Image Brutal Strike, Hit your foe with a final brutal strike.
Posted Image Hundred Blades, Posted Image 8, Repeatedly strike multiple foes. The last strike does extra damage. Your main source of DMG. Amazing AoE!
Posted Image Whirlwind Attack Posted Image 10, Whirl in a target's direction, slashing foes along your path. Also acts as a additional dodge/escape ability. AoE skill as well!
Posted Image Bladetrail Posted Image 15, Throw your greatsword at your foe so that it returns to you, crippling foes along the way. Use it to slow down your enemy. It can also do AoE DMG if thrown correctly.
Posted Image Rush, Posted Image 20, Charge and strike your foe. It takes some time for its strike to go off, but it hits pretty hard (especially if it crits).

! ! ! More updates to this section of the guide coming soon. ! ! !

____________________________________________________________________________________

Devizz's Guild Wars 2 LIVE Stream (PvP Tournaments & Heroic Dungeons with Quality Gaming Guild)!

Posted Image

Edited by Devizz, 13 September 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#2 mjwalsh

mjwalsh

Pale Tree Seedling

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 6 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ED]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the guide, was looking for a good one. Surprisngly couldn't find any as detailed as yours.

Edited by mjwalsh, 01 September 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#3 FuLLjezn

FuLLjezn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Dude, it's another glass cannon gs that loses to 1 dodge and it's not even nearly close to competitive.

#4 Devizz

Devizz

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

View PostFuLLjezn, on 01 September 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Dude, it's another glass cannon gs that loses to 1 dodge and it's not even nearly close to competitive.

Read the full guide before criticizing please. Thanks in advance.

Yes, downside of this spec is that Hundred Blades can be avoided and that you are squishy at times. But if you land your cc well (or if you syngergize your combo with your teammates), you will just crush your target in matter of seconds.

Edited by Devizz, 01 September 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#5 Morpe

Morpe

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Guild Tag:[oGt]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:30 PM

Hey, I just found a few flaws in your guide. I can just say that I, personally, would remove 10 points from Strength and put them in Discipline for Mobile Strikes (Mobility skills remove immobilize), since you have 4 abilities that benefits from that with GS + shield/axe spec: Whirlwind Attack, Rush, Shield Bash and Eviscerate. This means you can never be immobilized as a warrior, and every class has some kind of immobilize, and it is something you will encounter alot in structured PvP/tournaments. I would remove Berserker's Power aswell and replace it with Restorative Strength, but that is more personal preference, since it depends if you wanna go offensive or defensive.

I would replace the 5% dmg Sigil on the GS with Superior Strength (30% chance of might on critical) aswell since you can reach quite sweet amounts of crit chance on warrior. I have 58% unbuffed with berserkers amulet (w/ berserkers jewel) and 78% with fury up. If you run with this sigil instead, you can reach obsurd amounts of Might, which easily goes over 5% dmg.

I would replace the sigil on shield aswell with something more damagy, like Superior Battle (gives 3 stacks of might on wep switch) since Hydromancy only applies chill, which slows, not immobilizes.

Besides those points, keep up with the guide, it can definately help people who need a viable spec!

Edit; Oh and one other thing I noticed, is that you don't run with anything that gives stability. I'd recommend doing that since it can help you do your burst un-interrupted, you can finish people, you can ress people and you can get away. So yeah, Balanced Stance is the ability that I'd probably never remove since it is soooo great to have in tournaments.

Edited by SeaMonkeyx, 01 September 2012 - 08:39 PM.

#6 Devizz

Devizz

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

View PostSeaMonkeyx, on 01 September 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

Hey, I just found a few flaws in your guide. I can just say that I, personally, would remove 10 points from Strength and put them in Discipline for Mobile Strikes (Mobility skills remove immobilize), since you have 4 abilities that benefits from that with GS + shield/axe spec: Whirlwind Attack, Rush, Shield Bash and Eviscerate. This means you can never be immobilized as a warrior, and every class has some kind of immobilize, and it is something you will encounter alot in structured PvP/tournaments. I would remove Berserker's Power aswell and replace it with Restorative Strength, but that is more personal preference, since it depends if you wanna go offensive or defensive.

I would replace the 5% dmg Sigil on the GS with Superior Strength (30% chance of might on critical) aswell since you can reach quite sweet amounts of crit chance on warrior. I have 58% unbuffed with berserkers amulet (w/ berserkers jewel) and 78% with fury up. If you run with this sigil instead, you can reach obsurd amounts of Might, which easily goes over 5% dmg.

I would replace the sigil on shield aswell with something more damagy, like Superior Battle (gives 3 stacks of might on wep switch) since Hydromancy only applies chill, which slows, not immobilizes.

Besides those points, keep up with the guide, it can definately help people who need a viable spec!

Edit; Oh and one other thing I noticed, is that you don't run with anything that gives stability. I'd recommend doing that since it can help you do your burst un-interrupted, you can finish people, you can ress people and you can get away. So yeah, Balanced Stance is the ability that I'd probably never remove since it is soooo great to have in tournaments.

I agree with you about 20 points in discipline, I have not previously noticed Mobile Strikes trait - for greatsword spec it is just amazing. Thanks for that.

As for the other things that you pointed out - I do not really agree with them but as you said yourself, I guess it also depends upon one's playstyle. Last chance gives you an additional frenzy that comes in very handy when you have to finish your opponent after using your combo on him.

Also, yes, the lack of some sort of stability buff hurts at times and it might be a good idea to cosider picking it up. The question is: what skill to remove, because both frenzy and endure pain are essential. Same goes for bull's charge which is your only cc while wielding greatsword (and lack of cc while using hundred blades can cause problems).

Edited by Devizz, 01 September 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#7 Oshiro

Oshiro

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostFuLLjezn, on 01 September 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

#8 Morpe

Morpe

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Guild Tag:[oGt]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostDevizz, on 01 September 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

Also, yes, the lack of some sort of stability buff hurts at times and it might be a good idea to cosider picking it up. The question is: what skill to remove, because both frenzy and endure pain are essential. Same goes for bull's charge which is your only cc while wielding greatsword (and lack of cc while using hundred blades can cause problems).

I'm running with Throw Bolas, Stability and Frenzy as my standard tournament abilities. I have never even touched Endure Pain in PvP since it doesn't deny condition dmg, and wherever you go, you will encounter people with condition specs, so I'd say remove Endure Pain.

And about Bull's Charge; it's 40 second cooldown for a 2sec stun, which is actually pretty easy to dodge once you just get the right reflexes, throw bolas is 20sec cooldown and about 4½ second immobilize, which in my opinion is much better, since you only need a couple of seconds to get some dmg in with hundred blades, + you can use it more frequently. If people want to get out of the immobilize though, they will have to pop something defensive if they don't have something similiar to the Mobile Strikes trait. Throw Bolas can be pretty easy to dodge as well, but actually harder than Bull's Rush since it's not the entire character that is moving, just a thing flying through the air. And in teamfights it usually gets pretty messy, making it even harder. But even if it gets dodged, its not as big of a deal since it is only 20sec cd.

#9 Tankerbro

Tankerbro

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RUIN]
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

Nice guide. Just put the build in and I'm gonna try it out in some sPvP. :)

#10 Oshiro

Oshiro

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

View PostMorpe, on 02 September 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

I'm running with Throw Bolas, Stability and Frenzy as my standard tournament abilities. I have never even touched Endure Pain in PvP since it doesn't deny condition dmg, and wherever you go, you will encounter people with condition specs, so I'd say remove Endure Pain.

And about Bull's Charge; it's 40 second cooldown for a 2sec stun, which is actually pretty easy to dodge once you just get the right reflexes, throw bolas is 20sec cooldown and about 4½ second immobilize, which in my opinion is much better, since you only need a couple of seconds to get some dmg in with hundred blades, + you can use it more frequently. If people want to get out of the immobilize though, they will have to pop something defensive if they don't have something similiar to the Mobile Strikes trait. Throw Bolas can be pretty easy to dodge as well, but actually harder than Bull's Rush since it's not the entire character that is moving, just a thing flying through the air. And in teamfights it usually gets pretty messy, making it even harder. But even if it gets dodged, its not as big of a deal since it is only 20sec cd.

The reason people use Bull's Charge over Bolas is because:

1) Bolas have a incredibly obvious animation.

2) It's a projectile and incredibly easy to dodge.

3) Although a longer CD, Bull's Charge provides an extra escape mechanism & is a stun, not an immobilize.

4) It doesn't track.

Either way, every build I've seen with GS is just not competitive. I recommend having a greatsword in your inventory for 5+3 for quick movement and swapping out when you're going to engage.

Edited by Oshiro, 02 September 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#11 FuLLjezn

FuLLjezn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

View PostDevizz, on 01 September 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

Yes, downside of this spec is that Hundred Blades can be avoided and that you are squishy at times. But if you land your cc well (or if you syngergize your combo with your teammates), you will just crush your target in matter of seconds.

SCENRIO 1: PEOPLE DODGE
SCENARIO 2:  PEOPLE CC YOU
SCENARIO 3: PEOPLE KILL YOU

i'm not gonna read 150 pages of garbage when 1 page is garbage.

#12 Devizz

Devizz

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostFuLLjezn, on 02 September 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

SCENRIO 1: PEOPLE DODGE
SCENARIO 2:  PEOPLE CC YOU
SCENARIO 3: PEOPLE KILL YOU

i'm not gonna read 150 pages of garbage when 1 page is garbage.

Sure you won't w/e. ;]

#13 Lilitu

Lilitu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

At least you didn't take healing surge.

#14 Leviathan_85

Leviathan_85

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

The traits got reset could you post them again I would really love to try out this build ;)

#15 Nick5130

Nick5130

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TS]

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

Problems I see:
1. Condition damage will destroy you due to no condi removal and (for Warrior) relatively low HP
2. CC will kill you. Balanced Stance is pretty much mandatory on 99% of competitive builds. Endure Pain is HIGHLY overrated. You still take condition damage in Endure Pain and I'd much rather have 8 seconds of stability than 5 of no direct damage. Trust me, Frenzy without Endure Pain is very doable.
3. Anything with high direct damage burst, like thieves, will destroy you. Your burst is reliant on them being oblivious to your Frenzy/Bull's Charge. All they have to do is stealth, burst, win. Less than 1k toughness is just dumb
4. Stability hard counters your build
5. Another Warrior running "Fear Me" hard counters your build.
6. A dodge hard counters you

At least bring Mending as your heal and grab a Soldier's Amulet with a Berserker's jewel instead of Berserker Amulet. With SoR, you'll have 40 something percent crit most of the time and be a lot tankier. But even with those changes it's still a gimmicky build that's easily countered.

TL;DR it's just another glass cannon 100B build. Not that viable outside of 8v8.

#16 TheLysander

TheLysander

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:00 PM

unless you specifically run with a guardian who is going to stability stake your kills, there is no way you can ignore balanced stance in my opinion. endure pain is basically a crutch skill that is useless in 1 on 1, rarely does anything more than meaningless delay in team fights, and is not worth diverting the focus of the burst warrior for.

on the same logic I'm not a fan of what you did with removing 10 pts in strength for the mobile strikes. mobile strikes is nice but in a 5v5 format there are less roots and you should be able to operate without having to reduce your damage by 10% and increasing your bull's charge CD and damage.

other than that I don't have any bad things to say about your build, its pretty standard and its up to the player to make it effective :)

@ Nick - I'd have to disagree on it being a garbage tourney spec. If the guy just tries to do it on the first guy he sees in the game it should fail most of the time, but a warrior with ~50% damage ~50 crit ~30% crit damage and 22k hp can cause a lot of pressure with just weapon skills, and then use the burst alongside someone else's CC to down people.

Edited by TheLysander, 11 September 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#17 Nick5130

Nick5130

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TS]

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

View PostTheLysander, on 11 September 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

@ Nick - I'd have to disagree on it being a garbage tourney spec. If the guy just tries to do it on the first guy he sees in the game it should fail most of the time, but a warrior with ~50% damage ~50 crit ~30% crit damage and 22k hp can cause a lot of pressure with just weapon skills, and then use the burst alongside someone else's CC to down people.
And with 0 toughness he gets blown up because the other team will see his frenzy and nuke him down right away while his target dodges/stabilitys away. With his combo on CD, he's utterly useless. Like I said, for me to even consider this spec viable at all he needs a Soldier's Amulet with Berskerker's Jewel and Balanced Stance.

Edited by Nick5130, 11 September 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#18 Daskro

Daskro

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

The frenzy/100B/bullscharge combo is not all this warrior has.  You can do one swipe through 2-3 enemies with your whirl attack (#3) and do 8K to each of them.  I find my main damage actually comes with #3 whirling back and fourth through their whole team.  Anyone who runs away you #5 them for 5K and finish them off.  2.4K back and fourth on 2-3 targets with your #4 skill.  Thats around 4K+ damage to each player and crippling all of them.

A dodge, or stability, or whatever counters this build if you bullscharge into it... If your opponent uses all his dodges/stability/whatever then its an instagib GG dead.  Doesnt matter how good you are if you have nothing to escape the combo you die.

Also coming out of no where or out of vision and just bursting someone with full cooldowns still works.  By the time they can react/break stun you can easily get off 4-8K damage in the hundred blades.  They move out, you cancel and DPS.  Your frenzy will still be up for a whirl attack and a few auto attacks.

I've been playing bullscharge frenzy 100B warrior since BWE1 and have had no problems in tournaments.  The reason people say 100B warriors are easily countered is because they play against moron 100B warriors that the first thing they do in frenzy + bullscharge.  It will never work if you open with the combo.  You need to delay, watch for cooldowns, watch for dodges, then burst.  Or even watch for opportunities that 2-3 people are grouped up and combo, even if all 3 move out of the way you are still hitting them all for 4-8K before they react/move.

Edited by Daskro, 12 September 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#19 Devizz

Devizz

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

Updated. ;)

#20 Vodkastick

Vodkastick

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:21 AM

@Daskro

Your only choice is to run in pop CDs, maybe kill something and then die cause the whole team is focusing you every single time, unless they are silly in the head that is.

If you think you can run around doing everything you described against any competent team you're just being delusional. The moment you enter the fray you will be spam-stunned and knockbacked to oblivion untill you're dead. The only good thing about this is that your team-mates get less pressure on them.

However, 100B is indeed really good and fun against crappy teams that dont make focusing you down/CCing you their first priority.

Also, Ignore Pain is kind of useless compared to Balanced Stance. With that you can at least do something for a good 10 seconds before being CCd to oblivion.

But yeah, when not focused a GS Warrior will do A LOT of damage. Just that against competitive teams you're going down in seconds after Balanced Stance and/or Shield Stance are done.

#21 mutecow

mutecow

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

this whole guide boils down to: if the enemy is stupid and doesnt do anything to dodge or get out of CC or CC you before you can CC them, you can win.

This is only functional in low skill level pug games.

View PostDevizz, on 01 September 2012 - 08:15 PM, said:

and why would you assume you will land your cc well? thats a big assumption. the only way you would land your cc well and be able to execute the combo flawlessly is if the other team is playing badly. If the enemy has basic situational awareness or if his team has basic coordination, you're combo will not work.

Anyone with a stun breaker can get away. Anyone with stability is outright immune to your plan. Anyone with CC can interupt you. Anyone who CCs you first can kill you (you have no vit or healing or toughness or stun breaker).

you have 3 skills choosen just to set up for 1 single combo. A combo that has a hundred ways to fail and only 1 way to succeed.

Edited by mutecow, 13 September 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#22 Geff

Geff

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

/facepalm

Way to push the envelope buddy.

#23 Trayne

Trayne

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Works againsts all classes except guardians running high retaliation or stability builds and necros or thiefs running death blossom builds.  When niched into a roaming build to engage after a fight has started it's gg against everything.  I've bursted for 23k on a single 100b combo.

#24 xxxmikeswgxxx

xxxmikeswgxxx

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

So much hate in this thread, but I'm sure 90% of the those who bash it run some variation of this build.

#25 Shalina

Shalina

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VoTF]

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:17 AM

Yes, we do. Mine is just different in two traits. But that's not a viable build for sPvP. This is PvE/WvW. Kill 10 mobs in 2 sec or rush into the zerg, unleash, get back. It probably will work for random hot joins. But against any decent team, this build is garbage. Don't get me wrong, it's not "hate" i'm expressing, i love it actually, the dmg is just stupid. But i will never use that build for any serious form of sPvP. Facerolling randoms is one thing, competitive sPvP completely different.

Edited by Shalina, 14 September 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#26 dsbessie

dsbessie

Fahrar Cub

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

I just want to know from all the people saying this build is fail what the correct one is for a warrior. I have run very defensive builds were 1v1 they are not going to kill me however most of the time I cannot kill them either before someone else arrive to the fight. Then its just is it my team or theirs. Atleast with something like this I feel like I have a chance in hot joins , tpvp maybe a different story.

#27 xxxmikeswgxxx

xxxmikeswgxxx

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

View Postdsbessie, on 14 September 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

I just want to know from all the people saying this build is fail what the correct one is for a warrior. I have run very defensive builds were 1v1 they are not going to kill me however most of the time I cannot kill them either before someone else arrive to the fight. Then its just is it my team or theirs. Atleast with something like this I feel like I have a chance in hot joins , tpvp maybe a different story.

I'm not sure there is a "correct" one?  I don't run full cannon on it i run with more defensive traits rather than full arms...however that's in spvp only.  I wouldn't ever run a GS build in tpvp...I usually swap between the horn/axe - shield/sword shout build or a banner build to help others in tourney play

#28 Action Bastard

Action Bastard

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

No toughness, no vitality, relies 100% on HB combo.  Not even close to playable in competitive pvp.

#29 Shinimas

Shinimas

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

View Postdsbessie, on 14 September 2012 - 12:30 PM, said:

I wouldn't slot Frenzy and replace the Zerker Amulet with Knight's+Zerker Jewel, I also specced for Adrenal Health and Last Stand (and slotted Healing Signet, because passive defense is the best kind of defense. 300 HP/s really helps). And I think Throw Bolas is freaking amazing, especially with 30 points in Strength. 5.5 second Immobilize that can practically be spammed? That's what makes 100b even viable.

Edited by Shinimas, 15 September 2012 - 09:39 AM.

#30 TGIFrisbie

TGIFrisbie

Sylvari Specialist

• Members
  • 620 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

So in GW2 you can be in more than one stance at a time?

Frenzy: Stance, Endure Pain: Stance.

Just want to clarify cause in GW1 using Frenzy in PvP was acceptable as long as you were intelligent enough to pop another stance to get out of it when attacked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warrior, competitve, pvp, greatsword, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users