• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[XIII]
  • Server:Vizunah Square

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

View PostOcRaM, on 29 November 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

I tried it today and I can't transmute it.

The click boton stays gray... I did the same thing 1 month ago and It worked.

Got the same problem, on item transmutation, I put the hood on the right, and the boton was grey for 4/5 masks, and I tried to put it on the left, and it worked with the masks I tried before. Maybe it's not rellay the solution, but you can try it if it don't works.

#152 Vampire Duzell

Vampire Duzell

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

it still works. if the button is grayed out, try moving the items around in different bags and different slots.

#153 Ravelin

Ravelin

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostGunsnroll, on 07 December 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

Got the same problem, on item transmutation, I put the hood on the right, and the boton was grey for 4/5 masks, and I tried to put it on the left, and it worked with the masks I tried before. Maybe it's not rellay the solution, but you can try it if it don't works.

Just did this today and I can confirm: If you put the hood on the right, you won't be able to transmute. If you put it on the left, the button should light up and you'll be able to. I bought the cheapest common mask I could buy on the TP (17cp_).

#154 jthamind

jthamind

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 309 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:12 AM

i did this the other day and it worked. thank you for letting people know about this!

#155 AsuraMump

AsuraMump

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ANBU]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

I did this and it workt perfectly thanks!

#156 Adriano

Adriano

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:29 AM

Hey, I was wondering whether using this method also allows you to create a Hood + Mask Headpiece, as in the picture below, where the person used a random mask from TP and the Thief Hood and transmuted them into one item and then used them on his Ranger. I can't check because I can't wear the item yet, I transmuted the items the same way he did but too low level to wear it and the preview button only shows the regular hood.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ss.jpg   6.48K   68 downloads

Edited by Adriano, 24 December 2012 - 01:29 AM.

#157 TerraHero

TerraHero

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Would this work with the Engineers Backpack?

There are a bunch of BoE backslots available now, and also the BoAcount backslot from Wintersday. I dont have any character slots left or id try this myself, so im hoping someone else has the answer.

#158 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[ICE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostTerraHero, on 25 December 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

Would this work with the Engineers Backpack?

There are a bunch of BoE backslots available now, and also the BoAcount backslot from Wintersday. I dont have any character slots left or id try this myself, so im hoping someone else has the answer.

It works with any of those starter items. :)

View PostAdriano, on 24 December 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hey, I was wondering whether using this method also allows you to create a Hood + Mask Headpiece, as in the picture below, where the person used a random mask from TP and the Thief Hood and transmuted them into one item and then used them on his Ranger. I can't check because I can't wear the item yet, I transmuted the items the same way he did but too low level to wear it and the preview button only shows the regular hood.

As far as I know you can't do what you said.
There is a bug when you transmutate a helm when you're already wearing it, then it doesnt remove the old one, like here with the hood and mask, but it is fixed when you log out/zone to a different map.

#159 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostAdriano, on 24 December 2012 - 01:29 AM, said:

I am not quite sure how one would achieve an arrangement as in the picture shown by you.

It looks like someone is wearing 2 head pieces - unless Ranger has a shoulder or back-piece that gives that lower mask? Don't have a ranger and no char slot available to check...

Would love to know if there is a way though, looks rather cool.

#160 TerraHero

TerraHero

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 25 December 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

It works with any of those starter items. :)

Can you elaborate? Because up untill recently it wasnt possible since there werent any BoE backslots available. And there still arent any white or blue quality backslots available.

That was the issue i ran into, finding a suitable item to serve as a transfer.

#161 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

View PostTerraHero, on 25 December 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Can you elaborate? Because up untill recently it wasnt possible since there werent any BoE backslots available. And there still arent any white or blue quality backslots available.

That was the issue i ran into, finding a suitable item to serve as a transfer.

I did not do it myself, but I'd think the guild backpack/halloween or from fractals would work?

#162 Daelin Dwin

Daelin Dwin

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1729 posts
  • Guild Tag:[KoE]
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostIllein, on 25 December 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I am not quite sure how one would achieve an arrangement as in the picture shown by you.

It looks like someone is wearing 2 head pieces - unless Ranger has a shoulder or back-piece that gives that lower mask? Don't have a ranger and no char slot available to check...

Would love to know if there is a way though, looks rather cool.

I found a similar bug with my elementalist. Still not entirely sure what caused it. After transmuting my starter headpiece to the Heritage Mask the headpiece turned into this:

Posted Image

As you can see, it is a combination of both headpieces. This effect is permanent as if it were a legitimate item and I can equip and unequip it as I please. Although I have yet to transmute it to another item yet to see if this effect still stays.

Edited by Daelin Dwin, 25 December 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#163 TerraHero

TerraHero

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 25 December 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

I did not do it myself, but I'd think the guild backpack/halloween or from fractals would work?

The guildbackpack is BoP. So i think those are out from the start.

Halloween or Wintersday back might work, they are bind on account. Fractals are BoE, but they are also atleast masterwork or higher.

#164 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

View PostDaelin Dwin, on 25 December 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

I found a similar bug with my elementalist. Still not entirely sure what caused it. After transmuting my starter headpiece to the Heritage Mask the headpiece turned into this:

Posted Image

As you can see, it is a combination of both headpieces. This effect is permanent as if it were a legitimate item and I can equip and unequip it as I please. Although I have yet to transmute it to another item yet to see if this effect still stays.

Ha, certainly rather unique! How lucky!

#165 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

View PostTerraHero, on 25 December 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

The guildbackpack is BoP. So i think those are out from the start.

Halloween or Wintersday back might work, they are bind on account. Fractals are BoE, but they are also atleast masterwork or higher.

That does not matter.
I got different orders armor on different characters, doesn't matter if it's BoP.

#166 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

Posted Image

Whispers Mask, Vigil Shoulders/gloves/boots, Priory Legs.

#167 TerraHero

TerraHero

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 25 December 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

That does not matter.
I got different orders armor on different characters, doesn't matter if it's BoP.

I always thought that the item you like had to be transmuted to a BoE item as a step inbetween, to make the looks of the soulbind item now available on an item any character can pick from the bank.

#168 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostTerraHero, on 25 December 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

I always thought that the item you like had to be transmuted to a BoE item as a step inbetween, to make the looks of the soulbind item now available on an item any character can pick from the bank.

Check my picture above.
BoP does not make it impossible. :)

#169 TerraHero

TerraHero

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I deleted my Thief to try some stuff.

Using a Masterwork Bind on Equip (Ghostly Spineguard) DID NOT WORK. It remained soulbound to the original Engineer after transmutation.

Second, i tried the holiday backslot. The Toy thingy. THIS WORKED. The result was that the backslot had the looks of the Engineer Backpack while remaining Acount Bound.

I did not try using a Guild Backpack, but i am sure this wouldve failed and resulted in the backpack still being bound to the Engineer where the Multitool Backpack came from.

#170 AsuraMump

AsuraMump

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

I checked the universal multitool pack from the engineer on wiki and there I saw that there was written "this pack cannot be transmuted with any other backpack item". So there is no possibility to vet that pack on my thief? Or am I wrong? Can someone please explain me if you can or not.
Thanks!
Mump

#171 TerraHero

TerraHero

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostAsuraMump, on 25 December 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

I checked the universal multitool pack from the engineer on wiki and there I saw that there was written "this pack cannot be transmuted with any other backpack item". So there is no possibility to vet that pack on my thief? Or am I wrong? Can someone please explain me if you can or not.
Thanks!
Mump

Read the post right above yours.

Edited by TerraHero, 25 December 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#172 AsuraMump

AsuraMump

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

View PostTerraHero, on 25 December 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

Read the post right above yours.
Thanks alot! I had to look a bit better. :P
I'll sure get this pack for my thief :)

#173 AsuraMump

AsuraMump

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I have tried and you CAN transmute it with the toymaker's bag like they said, but you CAN'T transmute it with neither mad memories nor the complete edition.
Mump

#174 Tripolityx

Tripolityx

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

I feel stupid and propably never gonna need the information but what is BoP ......

#175 Illein

Illein

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2039 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

View PostTripolityx, on 25 December 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

I feel stupid and propably never gonna need the information but what is BoP ......

Bind on Pickup / Bind on Aquire (the latter in GW2) - generally, an item that is bound to you as soon as you craft it, loot it, receive it from a quest - something you cannot trade with other players.

#176 TerraHero

TerraHero

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

View PostAsuraMump, on 25 December 2012 - 09:10 PM, said:

I have tried and you CAN transmute it with the toymaker's bag like they said, but you CAN'T transmute it with neither mad memories nor the complete edition.
Mump

It seems that, as a bagpack, it can only be transmuted with other backpacks of sorts. There are cheap backslots available from the TP, just search with something like Spineguard as Backslots doesnt have its own filter.
You will find masterwork and rare backslots of upwards to lv80 (these drop randomly in fractals). And they are quite cheap, you CAN transmute with these.

#177 Lizilla

Lizilla

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts
  • Guild Tag:[CRZY]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Finally used this method for myself. Worked wonderfully! Thank you <3

#178 Crantson

Crantson

The Shadow

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Having done a great deal of transmuting bound armors between characters, this seems to be the rule.

If you transmute a skin onto an item that says "soulbound on equip" or "soulbound on acquire" the resulting item will be soulbound.

If you transmute a skin onto an item which does not contain that warning, the resulting item will be account bound.

This is why the backpack could not be transferred, because all the back slot items that dropped were masterwork or rare and were soulbound on use and, therefore, produced a soulbound item.  The wintersday back item, however, does not soulbind (even though it is rare) and, therefore, allows you to now transfer the skin of a back item between characters.

Edited by Crantson, 26 December 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#179 Lunar Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

View PostGilles VI, on 25 December 2012 - 05:24 PM, said:

That does not matter.

Except you transmuted it to a white or blue item first, which are not bound =) So no, backpiece wouldnt work, not sure about the wintersday one though since it's account bound. I could do what you did cause i could transmute it to a white/blue item first. Iirc there are no white/blue backpiece that are not bound. =)

Edited by Lunar Eclipse, 26 December 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#180 Gilles VI

Gilles VI

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3314 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

View PostTripolityx, on 25 December 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

There are no stupid questions. :)
Bind on Pick-up. So the item is soulbound the moment you get it (whatever way you get it).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users