• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kelias

Kelias

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm probably alone in this train of thought, but has anyone else noticed how the quality of the game has actually been diminishing since the betas?

This isn't a rant, more of a "hey, things aren't working right" post in hopes of a dev or something stumbling on it and going "oh sh--- we should fix that".

Granted, I know anet is working hard to try and "fix" things, but they probably should have pulled a Blizzard and delayed the game 10000 times just to make sure they got things right. The game is in full release yet a good chunk of content just.. doesn't work.

Some examples of things that are clearly broken in PvP:

A lot of underwater combat.

I've ran into countless bugs playing a Mesmer underwater. Some include using the "2" skill while downed (forget the name, and I'm farrr too lazy to google it) that prevents movement after use.

Another example is the shore-line bug. Underwater by the shore will make you invulnerable, which means you can rally without any issues. This includes the ramps to the boat in Raid of the Capricorn. Most of the time, the stomp option will not appear -- yet you can activate it. It just doesn't work always.

A lot of "bouncing" skills seem to bounce and just disappear -- Sirens Song is of note.

Z-Axis under water seems off. The range, in particular. This isn't just underwater either -- I've noticed several times I can blink vertically longer than I can blink horizontally. Intentional or a bad algorithm involving how it calcs distance?

sPvP servers: Over on Ehmry Bay, we've been having nothing but Raid of the Capricorn followed by a nice Returning to the PvP lobby. Why? Why is this happening now, and not say... in the months of beta?

0 Hp: I've actually sat at 0 HP for some time in sPvP and WvWvW without ever being downed. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if -1 is actual "downed" state. Still, annoying.

And at the same time, we have no official forums, no way to see progress of what's going on beyond the REDDIT posts and third-party news sites. Their contact with the community seems to be limited to your credit card order, 72/permanant bans, and the gem store for your... credit card number.

Edited by Kelias, 02 September 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#2 Fekktor

Fekktor

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Guild Tag:[HOT]
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostKelias, on 02 September 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Why? Why is this happening now, and not say... in the months of beta?

Because...there is vastly more players and servers can't handle the load? If they setup more servers, it would be stupid in an economic sense (early day load will lessen soon enough).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users