• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jaynestown

Jaynestown

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

I've been running around for the last couple hours trying to find a spot that gives a decent amount of Cotton Scraps. Having basically no luck.

Does anyone know a good spot that drops cloth gear fairly often along with bags with a high chance of cotton?

My friend showed me a pretty good spot for farming Wool and Jute.
In Diessa Plateau, just east of the Nolan Waypoint(bottom left, Town of Nolan) is the Oldgate Clearing. There's a small entrance to a cave there that opens up into a fairly large space.

The Charr guys in there seem to spawn at a fanatical rate, and drop bags that often have wool in them. The only problem is that if there isn't enough people in there to keep chain killing everything you will get swamped and have to run out or die :P

#2 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Fields of Ruin (Ebonhawke) northeast, there is a cave were charr renegades are (there is also a frequent Dynamic Event that happens here where the delegate sends a Charr legionnaire to combat 4 charr renegade bosses), they drop ragged garments at an acceptable rate, which can salvage into either 1 wool (rarely occurs), or 1-3 cotton scraps (happens most of the time)

#3 atheara

atheara

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

When I farmed that cave, the drops were overwhelmingly wool. In general, I find quite a lot more tier 2 and tier 4 crafting drops than tier 3 drops. This just doesn't make sense to me!

#4 SuLor

SuLor

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

A good place I found to farm cotton is a Separatist enclave at the very south of the Blazeridge Stepps. It's in an area called Tumok's Last Stand, and it's just an area full of human Separatists that respawn very quickly, there's also a frequently occurring event there which keeps them coming. I also get tons of broken lock picks, but it's the best place I've found to farm cotton so far.

#5 Talster

Talster

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

bump this!, anyone got any new locations?

#6 ilr

ilr

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2654 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:41 PM

I was getting a lot of fabrics off human Paramilitary (pirates...etc) that salvaged into it.  Unfortunately they're also some of the most dangerous mobs in the 40-60 range simply b/c they all lead in with these charge-up / Alpha strikes that take 66% of HP's off most Classes. (which in turn makes Asuran Guardians even more OP @ farming them)

#7 batida

batida

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

We tried the Charr renegards at the Fields of Ruin, but they hardly dropped any cotton. Also tried the human separatists at Tumok's Last Stand but they dropped more bags than cotton :huh:  Bags unfortunately give mostly butter since the Chef's ingredients change.

For the first materials, jute and wool, I was farming humans too, but can't find any good spot for cotton :(

#8 Perval

Perval

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

I find that Grawl of any tier are a good source of Cloth based Salvage item drops.  I'm not sure where they are in every tier, but it's something to keep in mind.

#9 SilantWanderer

SilantWanderer

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:06 PM

I find that farming in the Harathi Hinterlands (Cloven Hoof Pass, High Timberland Claim, Modniir Gorge) is great. The centaurs drop supply bags that tend to have a fair amount of cotton scrap in it. Not to mention you get other items, such as blood vials, fangs, scales, etc, that you will also probably need for your crafting. There is a huge event that takes place in this area, so I ended up getting about 100+ supply bags in about an hour with at least 50 scraps coming directly from the bags (not counting items that you can salvage). So far, I think that this is the best area I've come across as far as amount of mobs and frequency of respawning.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users