Jump to content

  • Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

How do I server "guest"?


  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wandering vagabond

wandering vagabond

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

I know the stipulation is that someone on your friends list has to be on the server you want to guest on. I meet that requirement, but when I go to my friends list I've tried everything to find the option to join him on his server to we can do PvE together and I can't find anything. Google was not help either, nor was the FAQ on this board or searching this forum! The only thing the FAQ here says is that you can guest, but it doesn't explain how.

#2 Reason on Cooldown

Reason on Cooldown

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Isle of Janthir

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Can you form a party from your friends list?  If so, maybe you have to do that first.  Right-clicking on the friend in your list is certain to provide some helpful options.

#3 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Guesting isn't implemented yet, not until free server transfers have closed.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!


#4 wandering vagabond

wandering vagabond

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostSheepski, on 02 September 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Guesting isn't implemented yet, not until free server transfers have closed.

Hae arena net said anything about when transfers will end? I keep hearing "a few more days" from everyone in-game, first I heard it would end on launch day, then this weekend, now this weekend is over and they're still available. And they just opened new servers so I would assume they're keeping free transfers open for another week or so to get people to move to the new low pop servers.

Any official word on when they will end transfers?

#5 Sheepski

Sheepski

    Seraph Guardian

  • Moderators
  • 1240 posts
  • Location:Manchester
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

View Postwandering vagabond, on 03 September 2012 - 12:56 AM, said:

Hae arena net said anything about when transfers will end? I keep hearing "a few more days" from everyone in-game, first I heard it would end on launch day, then this weekend, now this weekend is over and they're still available. And they just opened new servers so I would assume they're keeping free transfers open for another week or so to get people to move to the new low pop servers.

Any official word on when they will end transfers?

There never was any official word. The only thing they said was "for a short period of time around launch" so people assumed whatever lol. I thought it'd be until tomorrow, a week after launch but with the new servers that could be extended. But, sorry, no there's been no official date yet.

Question, feedback or issue? Pm me!


#6 wandering vagabond

wandering vagabond

    Asuran Acolyte

  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Ah ok. Do you also know if someone guests to another server whether or not they can play WvW with those people? I have been told you only get your home server's WvW bonuses, but if I went from Northern Shiverpeaks to, say, Darkhaven, would I be able to fight alongside people from Darkhaven?

#7 Ravenwind

Ravenwind

    Fahrar Cub

  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

So how is guesting different than forming a party with a friend on another server, going to the same map location and then right-clicking the party portrait icon of your friend and choosing "Join in <location>"? I thought that worked now as a mechanism to meet someone you are partied with in a non-world-specific overflow server?

#8 FoxBat

FoxBat

    Vigil Crusader

  • Members
  • 3974 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 09:31 AM

View Postwandering vagabond, on 04 September 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Ah ok. Do you also know if someone guests to another server whether or not they can play WvW with those people? I have been told you only get your home server's WvW bonuses, but if I went from Northern Shiverpeaks to, say, Darkhaven, would I be able to fight alongside people from Darkhaven?

This we know will not happen. You will only ever be able to fight for your own world.

#9 BlueTooth

BlueTooth

    Vanguard Scout

  • Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

View PostRavenwind, on 04 September 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

So how is guesting different than forming a party with a friend on another server, going to the same map location and then right-clicking the party portrait icon of your friend and choosing "Join in <location>"? I thought that worked now as a mechanism to meet someone you are partied with in a non-world-specific overflow server?

I did this on the overflow servers with my friends on other servers, however you have to make sure you are in the same location/map. Such as Kessex Hills, or Queensdale etc. (There are different overflow servers too I think, so if you are both in a party and both on a queensdale overflow server you should be able to right click and join them)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users