15 replies to this topic

#1 Tamps

Tamps

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hello.

Before i go on i would like to say that i just wanna know what other players think about the stat of necros atm(in dungeons) and to find out if players have found good use of necros.

I have played necro since the first bwe and have now made almost all the dungeons( not 80 yet :P) and finished some explo modes. I have tried many spec and non of them seems really good.
So i tried to come up with a spec that would be useful in dungeons. Since necros dont have that much burst and the conditions dont burn down enemies down as fast i would want and i couldnt help my teammate enought i tried to make a hybrid build to have alittle of everything. The good thing about necros is that we can survive for a long time, but whats the point of being alive when all the other 4 players are dead.

So finally i went for a support/aoe well condition build. Ill try to explane why i chose the traits and utiltis.

The point of the build is to have supportive capability, raw damage and the chance to make combos with wells and the bleed/poison damage from wells and spells. Gurdians and engineers seems to have much more and better supportive powers, elementalist a much better aoe and warriors, rangers and thieves a better burst(Sorry mesmers dont really know what u can do the best). So i try to work with what i have.

Spite:
Power/con duration for more damage to bad guys. In explo mode players will be sometime up against 20 mobs at one and 5 of them are elites. My group has always tried to kill them with lots of AOE.

Spitful Spirit: Retaliation is really good since i need to run around between mobs to heal my allies in death shroud(with Transfusion trait).

Chill of Death: The slo effect give your allies a chance to run away or you a chance to but down new marks or wells.

Death into life: More raw damage means more healing, no brainer.

Curses:
More critical hits means more damage and more bleeding + higher bleeding duration makes the damage even bigger.

Hemophilia : Hemophilia for higher bleed duration. More overtime damage.
or
Chilling Darkness: For more AOE slow. Very useful when pulling lots of enemies. Note: One of the wells should be turned into Well of Darknessi recommend Well of Power because usually everyone tries to keep there distance when you are pulling alot of enemies therefor players shouldnt get conditions on them.

Focused Rituals: Really useful trait for this build. Keeps a necro far from harm and makes this build come alive.

Death Magic:

Staff Mastery: Lets a necro make more combos and keep the conditions on enemies and health regen on allies.

Blood Magic:
More healing to help allies and more health to keep a necro alive.

Transfusion: Helps a necro to heal allies.

Ritual Mastery: Once again more combos, more damage and more support.

Stats:
If possible i try to own 2 sets of gear. One that has healing power/power/toughness and the other that has condition damage/power/precision.

Its more useful to get more condition damage over condition duration since it better to kill the enemies faster.

So let me know what you think about this build and also what other builds you have found to be useful. Ofc im open for ideas on what to change or how to make this build better.

#2 Yuuki

Yuuki

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ONE]
  • Server:Kodash

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:28 PM

I used an support/control necro for ascalon catacombs.
I tried a similar build and got most value out of it at some bosses.

But most times we had to fight trash and this was much more challenging.
Therefor I used some like ...

Scepter/Dagger + Staff
Comsume Conditions
Plague Signet
Plague
Curse10: spread Weakness while enter DS
Blood10: Life Transfer heals allies
Soul5: more LF gain

Weakness is king ;)

But I have to admit ...
I didnt use WoD and Chilling Darkness, may this will work better for the trash.

#3 Bloggi

Bloggi

Savant

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Profession:Elementalist
  • Guild Tag:[CRAP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

View PostYuuki, on 03 September 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Curse10: spread Weakness while enter DS
Blood10: Life Transfer heals allies

In your experience, how well does Weakening Shroud work? I assume that it causes Enfeebling blood to be cast directly over where you're standing when entering DS. That itself has a radius of 240 which is a reasonable (but not huge) circle. Do you need to be pretty close to the mob in order for it to be effective?

And Life Transfer...the amount of green numbers it puts out in those zerg fests is just brilliant.

Edited by Xekk, 03 September 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#4 Yuuki

Yuuki

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

yeah I need to be pretty close, but I used a OH dagger with weakness too.

#5 Nemhy

Nemhy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

I am currently a Mesmer and I'm starting to dislike the class for Explore Modes.  How is Condition Necro Support compared to Condition Mesmer Support?  I know nothing about Necros hahahaha

#6 Tamps

Tamps

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostNemhy, on 04 September 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

I am currently a Mesmer and I'm starting to dislike the class for Explore Modes.  How is Condition Necro Support compared to Condition Mesmer Support?  I know nothing about Necros hahahaha
Sorry cant help you with that :(. I dont know anything about mesmers but a have good mesmer in my guild i can ask how he feels about the cond mesmer support.

The problem with GW2 is that we have no way to really compare professions since we have no addons and the target dummies are totaly useless. We dont know who or what spec heals more, how a profession does the most damage and so on.

#7 Toxic OnyX

Toxic OnyX

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

sorry but epidemic > all in dungeons imo wouldn't be without it!

#8 Tamps

Tamps

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

View PostToxic OnyX, on 06 September 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

What do u mean by that? Heavy condition build with scepter/dagger, with Blood is Power,Epidemic and Corruptive Poison Cloud ?

Edited by Tamps, 07 September 2012 - 06:01 AM.

#9 Niranj

Niranj

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

View PostTamps, on 07 September 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

What do u mean by that? Heavy condition build with scepter/dagger, with Blood is Power,Epidemic and Corruptive Poison Cloud ?

For dungeons I like scepter/dagger with a staff switch, consume conditions or well of blood if the group needs a light field, well of suffering (dark field, vuln), well of corruption (dark field), then the last slot can have epidemic, plague signet or signet of undeath depending on what's needed at the time.

#10 Pandiano

Pandiano

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostToxic OnyX, on 06 September 2012 - 03:31 PM, said:

Well, I am playing a Minion Master and are doing quite well with it in dungeons.

#11 Lumm

Lumm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostTamps, on 07 September 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

It is beneficial to have a condition build yourself but since epidemic spreads all conditions on the target it is really one of the strongest U-skills in the game for multimob fights regardless of your own trait set-up.

#12 captainchunk69

captainchunk69

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:18 PM

Im a level 74 Condition Necro, and I find it very useful with my usual group for dungeons. I like to use Plague Signet and Consume Conditions, it helps my team out a lot. Plus the DoTs are really awesome because they are AOE. Im a HUGE fan of trait 9 in curses called Focused Rituals, it allows me to use well based abilities as ground targets like marks. Well of suffering is such a sick skill, I dont know why more Necros dont use it. Make sure to ABUSE Deathly Swarm, it has such great synergies with Epidemic and Plague Signet. Absorb 3 conditions, and use Deathly Swarm to transfer them to your target, then Epidemic. We have GREAT combos as well (remove conditions, life steal, poison.. etc.)

So to answer your question, I find Necros a great class to accompany a group for dungeons. Minion Masters are also quite amusing, and seem to have really good survivability as well.

#13 Yuuki

Yuuki

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

View Postcaptainchunk69, on 07 September 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

... Make sure to ABUSE Deathly Swarm, it has such great synergies with Epidemic and Plague Signet. Absorb 3 conditions, and use Deathly Swarm to transfer them to your target, ...
just like to inform you that deathly swarm is buggy and transfers one condition atm.

#14 captainchunk69

captainchunk69

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

View PostYuuki, on 08 September 2012 - 01:35 AM, said:

just like to inform you that deathly swarm is buggy and transfers one condition atm.

It transfers 3 if theres 3 enemies there (because it bounces). If you have just the one target, it wont bounce 2 more times. I learned this through trial and error.

#15 Gible

Gible

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Ulti]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Everyone seems to agree that the scepter + condition damage setup works well in dungeons, I myself can't say much about it as I am a low level Necro still :P

But I want to know if their was any viability to an Axe/Focus setup (with staff for swap) build. The damage seems rather lackluster at low levels, and I want to know if it gets any better later on. The build would obviously focussing on raw power/crits because the axe doesn't have any condition damage. The reason I'm asking is that I really like the Axe/Focus skills.

TL;DR Is the axe viable in PvE/dungeons?

#16 agpen

agpen

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:03 AM

Axe does significantly less damage than dagger.  The vuln stacking in a group with no other vuln sources is definitely worthwhile on boss fights, but I end up rarely swapping to my axe because it just feels so weak by comparison and encounters aren't so tightly tuned that it's a make-or-break difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users