• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Doubloons (Magic Find Runes / Upgrade Components)

doubloon doubloons magic find

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hatberg

Hatberg

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DIE]
  • Server:Far Shiverpeaks

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hello all,

There are several doubloons in the game, some of which are ingredients for upgrade components. In my entire 1-80 levelling career I've only seen 2 copper and 1 silver doubloons in my inventory and I have no clue how I obtained them. I'm suspecting they drop from humanoid bags, but since I've never seen Gold or Platinum I fear they might be upgrade only. Anyone spot them yet?

Copper Doubloon
Silver Doubloon
Golden Doubloon
Platinum Doubloon

Used in:

Minor Rune of the Pirate
Major Rune of the Pirate
Superior Rune of the Pirate

EDIT: I fail at spelling the word "doubloon" in the search functionality. Sorry for reopening the same question where there is already a likeminded thread. Unfortunately I cannot delete this post. The question still stands however, has anyone spotted any endgame doubloons yet?

Edited by Hatberg, 03 September 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#2 pontainfresco

pontainfresco

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I know I just got a copper one from a level 16 personal story quest, and I got another from somewhere I can't recall. I want to say it was from completing an area, but maybe from a lion chest.

#3 ZudetGambeous

ZudetGambeous

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

They drop randomly from mobs. Got a gold one off a level 39 centaur last night. Got a silver one from some lower level mobs as well.

What I want to know is if they are bugged? It says that I can use them as a huntsman on the tooltip but they do not show up in the discovery window when I go to craft, even though I have the level they say I need.

#4 Hatberg

Hatberg

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

View PostZudetGambeous, on 03 September 2012 - 01:13 PM, said:

They drop randomly from mobs. Got a gold one off a level 39 centaur last night. Got a silver one from some lower level mobs as well.

What I want to know is if they are bugged? It says that I can use them as a huntsman on the tooltip but they do not show up in the discovery window when I go to craft, even though I have the level they say I need.

Can you check your regular crafting recipes (the list under the hammer icon) and see if they're available there? Some recipes are learned automatically. Supposedly there's a Transmogrify option for Jewelers as well, but GW2DB isn't up to date. Interestingly enough, GW2Spidy also has no entries for Doubloons and I wasn't able to spot them in the Trading Post.

#5 Cassium Vanderbilt

Cassium Vanderbilt

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TA]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

I have a platinum one. I do believe it came from a mob.

#6 aguliondew

aguliondew

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I have 4 golden but they are rare drops from humanoid types. It is best to just by them from the TP when it is up golden sells for 4s and platium 8s. Also the doubloons can make

Minor Sigil of Luck upto 5% magic find
Major Sigil of Luck upto 10% magic find
Superior Sigil of Luck upto 15% magic find

The GW2DB has some items with missing stats. The explorer gear has magic find but on GW2DB they do not.

Edited by aguliondew, 03 September 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#7 Hatberg

Hatberg

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Trying to max out my gear set for magic find, and these will be incredibly useful.

Now to farm 71 Ectoplasms for a full exotic Explorer / Opal / Luck & Pirate set...

#8 aguliondew

aguliondew

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Yeah that is my first goal in GW2. Then it will be easier to farm for a legendary.

#9 dDuff

dDuff

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Xaoc]
  • Server:Blacktide

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

I had platinum doubloon through looting

Edited by dDuff, 04 September 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#10 syndreamer

syndreamer

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SANA]
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

I have about 5 of those, and 1 silver doubloon from the Jumping Puzzles. They're common drops in the Splendid Chests.

#11 FateZero

FateZero

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

View PostHatberg, on 03 September 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Hello all,

There are several doubloons in the game, some of which are ingredients for upgrade components. In my entire 1-80 levelling career I've only seen 2 copper and 1 silver doubloons in my inventory and I have no clue how I obtained them. I'm suspecting they drop from humanoid bags, but since I've never seen Gold or Platinum I fear they might be upgrade only. Anyone spot them yet?

Copper Doubloon
Silver Doubloon
Golden Doubloon
Platinum Doubloon

Used in:

Minor Rune of the Pirate
Major Rune of the Pirate
Superior Rune of the Pirate

EDIT: I fail at spelling the word "doubloon" in the search functionality. Sorry for reopening the same question where there is already a likeminded thread. Unfortunately I cannot delete this post. The question still stands however, has anyone spotted any endgame doubloons yet?

I got a Golden Doubloon by mining. Not sure if having high magic find % helps, but I crafted Orange Cake for myself and I make sure the Orange Cake buff of 28% magic find is always there. Also, my gears are all slotted with magic find.

#12 Lag Master

Lag Master

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Could just be coincidence, but i find them a lot in jumping puzzle chests. I've found a handful of coppers a few silver and even a gold. This being said i do jumping puzzles a lot so I'm not sure how rare they are. Oh and i never had any magic find bonus just so you know.

#13 Hatberg

Hatberg

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:24 AM

View Postaguliondew, on 03 September 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

I have 4 golden but they are rare drops from humanoid types. It is best to just by them from the TP when it is up golden sells for 4s and platium 8s. Also the doubloons can make

Minor Sigil of Luck upto 5% magic find
Major Sigil of Luck upto 10% magic find
Superior Sigil of Luck upto 15% magic find

The GW2DB has some items with missing stats. The explorer gear has magic find but on GW2DB they do not.

A general heads up for others who are interested:
You are able to use two Sigils of Luck when dual wielding. Stacks will build twice as fast till 25, but will never exceed 25. If you plan on spending a lot of time in the same zone two different sigils will be better.

#14 Marth Reynolds

Marth Reynolds

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm pretty sure i had most of mine drop from chests, not the quest reward versions but just normally occuring chests.
I'll keep a eye out for them

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: doubloon, doubloons, magic find

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users