3 replies to this topic

#1 Stramonia

Stramonia

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hello,

I started a thief as a main but I am really confused about how to play.

My focus right now is on PVE.

But I do not undestand what stat should BE my priority. Moreover it seems that i am not able to get any good pve gear. Where i can found the good one?

Dunno if there is any newbies guide for thief.

Thank you

#2 Bnonn

Bnonn

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

If you check out some of the other threads on this forum you'll find a lot of great information. I'm personally a big fan of Minion's Invincible Thief Build using D/D & P/P (there's a thread for it). But S/P works really well too with SB on switch.

Don't expect to just master the thief in the first few levels. It is a very flexible class to play, which means you have to experiment to find the style, weapon set, and traits that work for you -- which takes time. But D/D and S/P are two good places to start since they're both very survivable and very fun to play.

#3 Leyana

Leyana

Breezing through life

• Moderators
  • 4600 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Thieves are quite squishy. I think we are the only one out of the 3 low-HP professions that don't have many reliable damage mitigation skills, unlike Elementalist and Guardian. As for stats, picking one or two of the damage lines (Deadly Arts for Power and Critical Strikes for Precision) is a good start. Then putting points into Acrobatics for initiative management or into one of the survivability lines I suppose.

If you are just starting out, I recommend against trying to go melee with a profession like the Thief. Melee in PvE is less tolerant to mistakes and requires you to think very quickly on your feet and know your skills inside and out.

#4 Bnonn

Bnonn

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

^ True dat. Thief melee only starts coming together once you've practiced enough to know when to use each skill *without* having to think about it. I really like that about it -- it reminds me of my old flame, Quake 3 ;D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newbie;, thief;, help;, guide;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users