3 replies to this topic

#1 SchurgeMarauder

SchurgeMarauder

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Server:Blackgate

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

I play a Necromancer and the builds I use in PvP would benefit far more from a fourth utility skill then the use of any of my elites. I think that Arena.net should allow us to choose to take a fourth utility skill over an elite skill if we would like to. The elite skills are supposed to be more desirable then utility skills but often times that is not the case. I don't see how it could hurt to lose an alleged "I win" button for something you would get more use out of.

#2 NeonArlecchino

NeonArlecchino

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1516 posts
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

ArenaNet has referred to the way they do skills as similar to how trading card games function, you plan your deck with the rules and try to get the most out of it. While I would appreciate the option, especially as an Asura Guardian who only has 1 skill that can be put in there for underwater, it goes against their base design and balance. This change would make the entire game need to be rebalanced.

Also, besides a few skills like Moa Morph... I'm not sure I've heard Elites called an "I win button" since they were first talked about and had twelve minute cooldowns.

Edited by NeonArlecchino, 03 September 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#3 Miteshu

Miteshu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1987 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:52 PM

The problem is, the game is balanced around 3 utility skills. To let the fourth utility slot be made will upset the balance.

#4 roachsrealm

roachsrealm

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GOTH]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:56 PM

View PostSchurgeMarauder, on 03 September 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

I don't see how it could hurt to lose an alleged "I win" button for something you would get more use out of.

You would gain another utility which, while not "I win", is "I am more effective" and it has a much shorter cool down.  Overall they are more useful, more often.  Having another one would break the balance of the existing system.

As a necro you could have all your wells, all your signets, etc, all at once, which is game breaking.  No class was designed to use all of one skill type at once.  That's why you only have 3 slots.

Also: the elite slot is not an "i win" button.  You still need to know how to use it, when to use it, and where to be when that happens; if you recognize the opportunity to do so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users