Got this issue once.  It really sucks

#32 dorin

dorin

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Ruins of Surmia

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

yeah happens alot to me too when zergs in wvw. have no idea how to deal with, it's so annoying. i`ll be trying to install again too, maybe gonna work.

#33 Espritdumort

Espritdumort

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Guild Tag:[DVDF]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

I've gotten this too, and most WvW frequenters have likely heard it too, but I've gotten it less in the last few weeks, so maybe a fix has reduced its recurrence.

#34 lioka qiao

lioka qiao

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[BP]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

I know exactly the sound you guys are getting cause I heavily frequent WvW.  It happens mostly during SMC captures when everyone is fighting at the castle.  I didn't know about sound quality, I'll drop it like the glass cannon thief I melted 2 days ago.

#35 Wotah

Wotah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 320 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SICK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostLilMcGinley, on 12 January 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

Temp fix: F11 > Audio > change audio device. This will send the sounds from GW2 to another system, which mutes the game but also gets rid of the sound (so you don't have to restart) and can still WvW.

Longer fix: Delete local.dat in your GW2 folder. I saw this on gw2forums and it helped a lot of people. I deleted mine last night and have yet to get it again, guy in guild did this and got it an hour later, so it's up to you. NOTE: You will have to adjust your sound prefs again as well as log in.

I've yet to see any other fix than these two.

This person I believe has it right.  I would get it all the time.  Last night I decided to do this (after reading a message on the official forums) and it worked.  Well, at least so far.

#36 LilMcGinley

LilMcGinley

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostWotah, on 14 January 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

This person I believe has it right.  I would get it all the time.  Last night I decided to do this (after reading a message on the official forums) and it worked.  Well, at least so far.

AWESOME! I'm glad it worked. I did this last week and after 20 hours of WvW this weekend, and yeah I've probably killed you a couple times, I've yet to get this sound bug again.

#37 esynnerr

esynnerr

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

i get the sound error everyday and noticed that once you start to lose background sounds its only a matter of time before you get it.wouldnt be so bad but with all servers on my tier just running in large zergs i cant play without sound or im dead before i even realize i started taking damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users