• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 monsterSPIDERS

monsterSPIDERS

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:26 AM

Hey guys, so I've been browsing the forum for a while, and I've seen a few theorycrafting threads with some good information so far, but there is one thing that I have not been able to find. I'm looking for information regarding the "armor" sub-attribute, and how much damage it actually mitigates (looking for a formula if one exists). I've also checked the wiki but there doesn't seem to be much there.

#2 Critus

Critus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Guild Tag:[GODS]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

If you hover your mouse over it will tell you its Toughness +armor(from your gear) combined.

#3 Elcee

Elcee

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

Pretty sure he means something like in GW1 where you could tell that +X armor meant roughly +Y% damage reduction. Personally I noticed that even when I was stacking Toughness + the Toughness trait line armor wasn't reducing all that much damage against a lot of mobs.

#4 monsterSPIDERS

monsterSPIDERS

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

Yeah, the Armor stat comes from Toughness and Defense, but it is difficult to tell how much a certain amount of Armor will reduce incoming damage by.

#5 OldCrow

OldCrow

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:53 AM

As I understand it, and I may be wrong... feel free to correct me if I am...

Defense just determines your chance to trigger a glancing blow. Not just straight damage mitigation which is the combination of toughness and defense.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: armor, defense, stat, optimization, theorycrafting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users