• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Kuskah

Kuskah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

For me, Mesmer is THE class when it comes to PvP but I feel it's just lacking when it comes to PvE. I don't know why, it just feels so weak there. Could you recommend me some PvE builds that are useful enough both in open world PvE (regular mobs) and in Dungeons?

The main problem I have is that I can't seem to find that AoE aspect of Mesmer. I can easily burst down a monster in 1vs1 fight but as soon as I have to fight more monsters, it gets more and more difficult. During DE's, almost every class I see can do a fairly powerful AoE.
Let's say centaurs are coming in waves of ten. The only thing I can imagine doing is placing down a Chaos Storm and if I feel lucky enough and they already have a target, I can run in and do Blurred Frenzy, blink out and then just cast stuff at them from distance. Currently running Sword+Pistol and Staff as my weapons. Is there a better combo for fighting big waves of monsters or is Mesmer supposed to be mainly single target class?

#2 Serukm

Serukm

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

I was originally running around with dual swords/greatsword and found myself having a lot of trouble in PvE.

I did a little bit of research and switched to Staff/Greatsword.  Stack condition damage and vitality, and you end up havign a lot of survivability and you can plow through PvE without breakign a sweat really, the main thing is you need the conidtion damage and to learn proper control of your illusions.

#3 Lastchime

Lastchime

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

sword/whatever + Staff = win game, go duelist and inspiration.

#4 Kuskah

Kuskah

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

Switched to Greatsword + Staff, feels much more controlled and with the GS skills I'm actually getting pretty decent tag rate while staying safe. Any build link for this weapon combo so that I have something to start with?

#5 Killua

Killua

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Guild Tag:[AC]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Sword and Focus will give you all the AoE you need, then you can use Pistol to get your range capabilities.

#6 Kelthien

Kelthien

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Level 70ish now... here's what I've been doing:

http://gw2skills.net...n29dkK0alUgbXIA

Overall, it's a shatter-heavy, clone-heavy, burst-focused set.  While Staff is an awesome weapon and I sometimes toss it in, I just found GS to have quicker clone generation and a more damaging Phantasm.  Plus more crits all around.  The real kicker is the Clones cause bleed on crit.

With this, I have an army of fast-hitting, high-crit chance clones.  They easily get 7-9 stacks of Bleed up, then run in for a shatter.  Initially, the confusion shatter was useless.  But as I've leveled, I've noticed that it does about as much as Mind Wrack.  With me as a shatter target as well, it's 8 stacks of Confusion.  The 33% increased duration has really helped make sure it hits once, sometimes twice.  Also, everything is AoE!  I can easily dump 2 shatters rapidly, popping 8-10 stacks of Confusion plus HUGE mind wrack damage in events.  Absolutely spectacular AoE damage with a low recharge.  Loot bags aplenty!

My rotation for both weapons is usually: Phantasm, dodge-roll to make a clone, clone-generator skill.  2-3 seconds of auto-attack until my phantasm strikes again, then get in to melee range for a 4-clone shatter, usually Confusion first.  then a quick dodge-roll for a new clone and press Mind-Wrack.  Dead enemy, usually in about 6 seconds.

Spec-wise, I focused on the Illusion line first, then swapped to 20 in Dueling as soon as I could (level 40).  At 60, I went 30 in Illusions, 20 in Dueling, and started working on Domination. I'll finish off with Chaos for some more defense, though I don't need it as is.

Gearing, I focused on Power/Precision items.  After 60, Power/Precision/Condition damage started showing up and I've been nabbing that where I can.

Absolutely loving it.  I tried a staff/scepter build, but found the whole "wait for confusion damage" and "wait for a block" and "wait for poison/burn/bleed damage" just to be lame.  With a condition-heavy build, I was getting 3-4 stacks of damaging conditions.  But with Sharper Images and a high crit rate, I'm getting 7-9 stacks of Bleed plus 6-10 of Confusion pretty regularly. It's awesome!

#7 Noxid

Noxid

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

View PostKelthien, on 04 September 2012 - 03:16 PM, said:

Overall, it's a shatter-heavy, clone-heavy, burst-focused set.  While Staff is an awesome weapon and I sometimes toss it in, I just found GS to have quicker clone generation and a more damaging Phantasm.  Plus more crits all around.  The real kicker is the Clones cause bleed on crit.

With this, I have an army of fast-hitting, high-crit chance clones.  They easily get 7-9 stacks of Bleed up, then run in for a shatter.  Initially, the confusion shatter was useless.  But as I've leveled, I've noticed that it does about as much as Mind Wrack.  With me as a shatter target as well, it's 8 stacks of Confusion.  The 33% increased duration has really helped make sure it hits once, sometimes twice.  Also, everything is AoE!  I can easily dump 2 shatters rapidly, popping 8-10 stacks of Confusion plus HUGE mind wrack damage in events.  Absolutely spectacular AoE damage with a low recharge.  Loot bags aplenty!

My rotation for both weapons is usually: Phantasm, dodge-roll to make a clone, clone-generator skill.  2-3 seconds of auto-attack until my phantasm strikes again, then get in to melee range for a 4-clone shatter, usually Confusion first.  then a quick dodge-roll for a new clone and press Mind-Wrack.  Dead enemy, usually in about 6 seconds.

Spec-wise, I focused on the Illusion line first, then swapped to 20 in Dueling as soon as I could (level 40).  At 60, I went 30 in Illusions, 20 in Dueling, and started working on Domination. I'll finish off with Chaos for some more defense, though I don't need it as is.

Gearing, I focused on Power/Precision items.  After 60, Power/Precision/Condition damage started showing up and I've been nabbing that where I can.

Absolutely loving it.  I tried a staff/scepter build, but found the whole "wait for confusion damage" and "wait for a block" and "wait for poison/burn/bleed damage" just to be lame.  With a condition-heavy build, I was getting 3-4 stacks of damaging conditions.  But with Sharper Images and a high crit rate, I'm getting 7-9 stacks of Bleed plus 6-10 of Confusion pretty regularly. It's awesome!

wow...i just tried this out, and it is raping in PvE....plus it has my two favorite weapon sets...except i'd probably put staff on there instead of sword/pistol....while i do like the melee caster fighting style....this build is bad for it...no vitality and only 100 toughness equals getting two-three shot if not careful

#8 Kelthien

Kelthien

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostNoxid, on 05 September 2012 - 09:02 AM, said:

wow...i just tried this out, and it is raping in PvE....plus it has my two favorite weapon sets...except i'd probably put staff on there instead of sword/pistol....while i do like the melee caster fighting style....this build is bad for it...no vitality and only 100 toughness equals getting two-three shot if not careful

You could certainly try staff! There are a few reasons sword/pistol pairs well.  First, the Pistol phantasm has a chance to Bleed on each shot and often stacks up 3-5 bleeds on a single volley.  Second, the clones run in to melee range and inflict 7+ stacks of vulnerability, so when you shatter it's instant and powerful.

Staff could work perfectly fine though.  You've got +300 condition damage from the 30 points in Illusions, so I think that could just be a personal preference thing.  As long as you can dodge to make clones and shatter the bajeesies out of them, you're in good shape.

It's definitely not an obviously defensive build, but it's not a pure glass cannon either.  I usually have enough clones to use the Daze and Distortion shatters frequently in 'hard fights'.  A high crit chance means you have near perma-vigor so you can dodge a ton.  While playing, I'm actually rarely sitting in melee range to auto-attack.  I'm more frequently dodging to make clones and kiting a bit, only running in to melee when Blurred Frenzy is up.  Also, the last 10 pts in Chaos should be REALLY handy with the defense. :-)

Totally keep trying the build and improving it though!  I've had an absolute blast with it.

#9 Calily

Calily

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostKelthien, on 05 September 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

You could certainly try staff! There are a few reasons sword/pistol pairs well.  First, the Pistol phantasm has a chance to Bleed on each shot and often stacks up 3-5 bleeds on a single volley.  Second, the clones run in to melee range and inflict 7+ stacks of vulnerability, so when you shatter it's instant and powerful.

Staff could work perfectly fine though.  You've got +300 condition damage from the 30 points in Illusions, so I think that could just be a personal preference thing.  As long as you can dodge to make clones and shatter the bajeesies out of them, you're in good shape.

It's definitely not an obviously defensive build, but it's not a pure glass cannon either.  I usually have enough clones to use the Daze and Distortion shatters frequently in 'hard fights'.  A high crit chance means you have near perma-vigor so you can dodge a ton.  While playing, I'm actually rarely sitting in melee range to auto-attack.  I'm more frequently dodging to make clones and kiting a bit, only running in to melee when Blurred Frenzy is up.  Also, the last 10 pts in Chaos should be REALLY handy with the defense. :-)

Totally keep trying the build and improving it though!  I've had an absolute blast with it.

Couple of questions.  How would the focus or torch work with this build? I have been trying it, and I enjoy the pistol, but I was just curious as to the benefits/negatives to using those phantasms for the bleed effect as well, do they get as many stacks?  Also, doesn't the torch provide confusion?  In your rotation above, are you starting with sword/pistol? It looks like you rarely swap weapons out to the gs, but maybe there's no need.  I enjoy using the staff at my level (42) because when we go into events I pop down chaos storm and a feedback and can loot up.  With large groups everything seems to die too quickly to get anything else rolling clone-wise.   I really want a good GS, but so far I have picked up a good staff and am having a hard time finding a GS to replace it!  I also really want to like the scepter, but I feel like it's too slow for me as well.  

Oh also, on your skills, you have up null field in the link you posted, is there a benefit to using that over feedback for pve? I love feedback.  I also tend to keep up decoy to stealth away in sticky situations, but I do want to try the domination.

Sorry for so many questions, still learning my mesmer here, thanks!

#10 Kelthien

Kelthien

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Torch might be a weird fit.  Slow phantasm. Like 1 stack of confusion every 6 seconds.  Meh.  I've always hated the torch in PvE though.

Focus might work wonderfully! The warden is another "rapidly attacking" phantasm.  I'd try it! Personally, I avoid the warden because he has a nasty habit of appearing on the wrong side of my foe and only getting 1-2 attacks to connect.  A little position management would solve that though.

I swap weapons based on my mood rather than an attack chain.  I can easily kill enemies with a single run-through of my 5 skills and one or two extra dodges/auto-attacks.  I usually only switch if I'm chaining mobs together or if my clones unexpectedly die and I 'm feeling impatient.

A few notes on group fights.  Berserker is AMAZING AoE damage.  His whirly thing is a cool chunk of health.  Second, I super-push my shatters in group fights where things die quick.  Dodge, dodge, shatter.  Mirror images, dodge, shatter.  I usually try to get 2-3 clone shatters of Cry of Frustration and Mind Wrack off back to back.  enemies get 11 or so stacks of confusion plus huge mind wrack damage and I get a crap ton of loot.  I tab target a lot so I don't lump all my clones on a single enemy.  when that enemy dies, you lose a lot of firepower if you weren't quick enough on a shatter.  I pick a veteran mob or one in the back that I think people will ignore, if I have to focus.

The Trading Post is a great place to find weapons! Most tiers have a super cheap 1-2 silver one available. Usually the reward from a single heart quest is enough for a new weapon.

I chose null field because I think condition removal is vital.  A ton of mobs poison and I hate waiting for poison to drop so I can get the out-of-combat health regen.

I used decoy for a while, but I just love the extra condition damage!  It seems pretty significant, and bleeds and confuses are such a big part of my damage.  Numerically it might not matter too much.  I rarely need to 'escape' in PvE and having an overall 20% condition damage buff or whatever it is seems more potent than an extra clone every 30 seconds, especially when I can just dodge to get a new one!

#11 Apollyn

Apollyn

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'm also running a confuse/condition build and its getting more and more fun as I level. I honestly prefer Sword/Sword to Sword/Pistol as I prefer the block/stun to the pistol shot (tho the Pistol Duellist is better). Offhand Im using scepter/focus though I think I'm gonna experiment with some GS action as I now have enough points in traits to generate clones and confusion without needing scepter.

#12 Nemhy

Nemhy

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

What do you guys think of this build? It's strictly for dungeons.

http://www.gw2build.....0.0.15.25.25.5

The idea is to generate clones with the scepter to spread conditions when they die, having 2 blocks, the sword phantasm for some good damage with the crit before he dies and spreads an illusion.  then staff to well...be staff.  Keeping chaos armor up yo give yourself boons then using the signet to pass those boons to the team.  while being somewhat tanky so you can be in the action.

As for stats....I don't know what to focus on.  I keep hearing condition Damage on Mesmer is pointless so I guess Power and toughness?

#13 Kelthien

Kelthien

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Confusion is AMAZING when it works.

Just for reference... At 72ish, Mind Wrack hits for about 500-700, around 1k crits, times 4 (me and 3 clones).  8-stack confusion is around 1600-1800.  So if they get one attack off, then Cry of Frustration is about equal to mind wrack with 0 crits.  If they attack twice, then it's about equal to mind wrack with 4 crits.  Not too shabby!  I definitely think if I focused on Condition damage in my gear and timed my shatter, that number would bump up considerably.

The biggest change for me was realizing that I needed to let my enemy hit me or toss out a clone immediately after a shatter.  Using cry of frustration then kiting or stunning renders your shatter pointless.

I love the block, I just was terrible at timing it.  So many mobs have a swing speed I just can't seem to grasp, I'm always ending my block a millisecond before they connect.  Just awful! :-)

#14 Calily

Calily

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostKelthien, on 05 September 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Torch might be a weird fit.  Slow phantasm. Like 1 stack of confusion every 6 seconds.  Meh.  I've always hated the torch in PvE though.

Focus might work wonderfully! The warden is another "rapidly attacking" phantasm.  I'd try it! Personally, I avoid the warden because he has a nasty habit of appearing on the wrong side of my foe and only getting 1-2 attacks to connect.  A little position management would solve that though.

I swap weapons based on my mood rather than an attack chain.  I can easily kill enemies with a single run-through of my 5 skills and one or two extra dodges/auto-attacks.  I usually only switch if I'm chaining mobs together or if my clones unexpectedly die and I 'm feeling impatient.

A few notes on group fights.  Berserker is AMAZING AoE damage.  His whirly thing is a cool chunk of health.  Second, I super-push my shatters in group fights where things die quick.  Dodge, dodge, shatter.  Mirror images, dodge, shatter.  I usually try to get 2-3 clone shatters of Cry of Frustration and Mind Wrack off back to back.  enemies get 11 or so stacks of confusion plus huge mind wrack damage and I get a crap ton of loot.  I tab target a lot so I don't lump all my clones on a single enemy.  when that enemy dies, you lose a lot of firepower if you weren't quick enough on a shatter.  I pick a veteran mob or one in the back that I think people will ignore, if I have to focus.

The Trading Post is a great place to find weapons! Most tiers have a super cheap 1-2 silver one available. Usually the reward from a single heart quest is enough for a new weapon.

I chose null field because I think condition removal is vital.  A ton of mobs poison and I hate waiting for poison to drop so I can get the out-of-combat health regen.

I used decoy for a while, but I just love the extra condition damage!  It seems pretty significant, and bleeds and confuses are such a big part of my damage.  Numerically it might not matter too much.  I rarely need to 'escape' in PvE and having an overall 20% condition damage buff or whatever it is seems more potent than an extra clone every 30 seconds, especially when I can just dodge to get a new one!

Thank you so much for all the info!  I was asking about the torch because I happened to loot a yellow one and was hoping I could find some use for it.  I will look into finding better weapons at the tp once it is actually open again!  I tried this set-up most of the day with a crappy gs I had in my inventory and it worked pretty well, I enjoyed doing something different.  I ran feedback instead of null field, but I was doing lower zones I hadn't finished earlier and when I ran into the higher area of Field of Ruins I could definitely see how the null field will be helpful for all the poisons.

#15 Siarsi

Siarsi

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 380 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[HEX]
  • Server:Piken Square

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:17 PM

Nice to see someone else playing a build like mine.  I've been loving this build and its so effective in dungeons and in open world pve. It's so much fun too.

#16 sirtazthe2th

sirtazthe2th

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

what would be a good build to run for pve/dungons i really liek my gs and plan on farming the legendary so kind of wanna fit it into a decent build but not sure what rout to go.
im thinking eather power crit and  some tankiness to not get 1shot by everything but not sure and dont really know what secondary weapon set to go along with it
after reading around abit it sounds like GS is best for shatter builds but if anything else is good i would love the help ^^

#17 Kelthien

Kelthien

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

View Postsirtazthe2th, on 05 September 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

what would be a good build to run for pve/dungons i really liek my gs and plan on farming the legendary so kind of wanna fit it into a decent build but not sure what rout to go.
im thinking eather power crit and  some tankiness to not get 1shot by everything but not sure and dont really know what secondary weapon set to go along with it
after reading around abit it sounds like GS is best for shatter builds but if anything else is good i would love the help ^^

There are plenty of builds that'll work!

My experience with story-mode dungeons is that a "generalist" build works well for pretty much any team you encounter.  Exploration-mode rewards build coordination.  Someone choosing to go support while someone else goes a bit more control, for example.

If you really want to do "general" stuff as well as dungeon it up, I'd encourage looking in to a support-oriented build.  Staff is a great weapon and Inspiration is a great trait line.  I've found that folks are usually specced as glass cannons in PvE, then step in to a dungeon and don't expect to get hit so hard and so many times.  A more support-skewed character can be a huge help in assuring that a run goes smoothly.

Staff is fantastic.  Scepter/Sword give some great defensive options as well.  GS is a nice weapon that provides huge stacks of Might, knockback interrupt, boon removal, and cripple.  Pretty nice if you build for it!

#18 sirtazthe2th

sirtazthe2th

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

any sugjestions for a build built for support with a GS and pretty much ny other weapon that can still do some solo orr?

#19 Xalted

Xalted

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MAD]
  • Server:Maguuma

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

View PostKelthien, on 05 September 2012 - 08:05 PM, said:

Confusion is AMAZING when it works.

Just for reference... At 72ish, Mind Wrack hits for about 500-700, around 1k crits, times 4 (me and 3 clones).  8-stack confusion is around 1600-1800.  So if they get one attack off, then Cry of Frustration is about equal to mind wrack with 0 crits.  If they attack twice, then it's about equal to mind wrack with 4 crits.  Not too shabby!  I definitely think if I focused on Condition damage in my gear and timed my shatter, that number would bump up considerably.

The biggest change for me was realizing that I needed to let my enemy hit me or toss out a clone immediately after a shatter.  Using cry of frustration then kiting or stunning renders your shatter pointless.

I love the block, I just was terrible at timing it.  So many mobs have a swing speed I just can't seem to grasp, I'm always ending my block a millisecond before they connect.  Just awful! :-)

Thanks for the tip! I often forget that the mobs need to hit me or my illusions for me to see the damage from confusion.

Also: Just tried this build out at level 64, works amazing with Staff / Sword+Pistol. Not a huge fan of the GS for PvE, and the extra random conditions from the staff really compliments this build. Thanks a lot for pointing us mesmers in the right direction!

Edited by Xalted, 06 September 2012 - 02:20 AM.

#20 Kelthien

Kelthien

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostXalted, on 06 September 2012 - 02:08 AM, said:

Thanks for the tip! I often forget that the mobs need to hit me or my illusions for me to see the damage from confusion.

Also: Just tried this build out at level 64, works amazing with Staff / Sword+Pistol. Not a huge fan of the GS for PvE, and the extra random conditions from the staff really compliments this build. Thanks a lot for pointing us mesmers in the right direction!

Aww no problem! This is just one of many builds that can be successful in PvE, and I super encourage people to explore some others.  Mostly so I can try them out too. :-D

Staff is a very strong weapon for sure, and I'd say it's pretty close to greatsword with this build.  You've got loads of condition damage to compensate for the fewer bleeds from clone crits.  I may just try that out next time I find a good staff!  I'd say a key reason why I play with a GS right now is because I did Staff for about 50 levels and wanted a change. lol

#21 maaprid

maaprid

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Dorf]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Staff/greatsword!

#22 Dreaderus

Dreaderus

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:13 AM

question im only level 9 now . so i should try to buff the mind wrack or the cry of frustation?

stuff dies to fast to i think work up phants first right?

#23 dragonphlu

dragonphlu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

Your trait is similar to what I had in mind with my staff/greatsword. I prefer fighting in range than melee so the MH sword is a no-go for me. I used to be staff and scepter/pistol, but after giving GS another try, I'm loving it! I like dealing conditions/damage while having a couple interrupts and illusions helping me in battle.

#24 Kelthien

Kelthien

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

View Postdragonphlu, on 10 September 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

Your trait is similar to what I had in mind with my staff/greatsword. I prefer fighting in range than melee so the MH sword is a no-go for me. I used to be staff and scepter/pistol, but after giving GS another try, I'm loving it! I like dealing conditions/damage while having a couple interrupts and illusions helping me in battle.

I was really surprised when I tried out GS as well.  the Berserker does wonderful damage with a reasonable cooldown.  Mirror Blade is pretty cool.  And with most of my damage coming from bleeds, shatters, and other skills, I don't find myself worrying about the range on the auto-attack too much.

Since I dinged  80, I've been running 20 Domination (for 20% cooldown in GS), 20 Dueling (Clone on dodge), and 30 Illusions (swapping out the confusion duration for extra bounce) then using GS and Staff.

The lowered cooldown on GS gives me even more mob-tagging power and Staff continues to be a reliable power-house when I need to focus on staying alive.  The extra bounces make Mirror Blade insane in 1v1.  Really enjoying it as well, though it plays almost identically to the build I posted before.

#25 Martok

Martok

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostKelthien, on 10 September 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Since I dinged  80, I've been running 20 Domination (for 20% cooldown in GS), 20 Dueling (Clone on dodge), and 30 Illusions (swapping out the confusion duration for extra bounce) then using GS and Staff.

I'm running the same build currently and absolutely loving it.

#26 nokkers3

nokkers3

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

Been running this build for awhile now and it's amazing, so thank you for posting it.  I've tried all kinds of builds and weapon combinations and eventually came back to GS.  Deceptive Evasion is amazing, since you should be kiting and dodging anyways.  90% of the time I'm using GS, so your OH may vary.  I run sword/focus for the speed buff and the damage on PWarden is just too good to pass up.  This build also works well in sPvP!

#27 dragonphlu

dragonphlu

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostKelthien, on 10 September 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

I was debating if I should go for greatsword training and/or chaotic dampening for faster recharge on those two, but if taking both, then that will require me to sacrifice points in Illusions, which I don't like. I probably will be doing 20/20/#/#/20 with the remaining 10 go either Chaos or Inspiration; or I'll have only 10 Domination points and have 30 Illusions. Even though Phantasm Fury is good, I'm liking Desperate Decoy more (until Vengeful Images and Phantasm Fury are fixed since it's now currently bugged); Phantasm Fury works best with iDuelist and iWarden anyway. I definitely want Illusionary Elasticity and Deceptive Evasion, so the remaining points are just a toss up for me.

#28 ThePhracyde

ThePhracyde

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Guild Tag:[ÆS]
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Just one question... What exactly are the trait runes you're using?

Just started my first mesmer after endlessly farming for a legendary on my warrior. At first the build was a little slow, but now its REALLY starting to pick up and i'm loving it just as much as my warrior (if not a little bit more :P) any ways i was just wondering what trait runes you used...

I noticed you said you used dueling for the clone on dodge and what not but a full list of your trait points would be very much appreciated ^^ thanks for posting.

#29 Thantoaster

Thantoaster

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

How is Illusionary Defense working for you? Do you feel it is substantial enough for me to choose it over something else with my last 10 trait points? I'm a little lost with the last 10 I have. I like to stay mobile when I have Sword/Pistol, so I'm a little partial to Compounding Celerity.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mesmer, pve, aoe, build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users