• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

AoE Condition damage and Kill Credit not working?

condition damage kill credit honor badges

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JExMachina

JExMachina

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

After a few searches, I have not found this addressed.   I play a condition/well based necro with Staff &  Scepter/Warhorn.   I have around 50 hours in WvW so far, and play with a coordinated guild on vent.  

I have noticed that when I do ground targeted condition damage, I almost never get kill credits, the yellow message of exp on enemy deaths.  Verbal comparison of guildmate's rough kill totals to badge totals put me at about the same ratio as the others I play with, but at a much lower total despite the huge amount of AoEs that I throw around.  We are all scrambling to find our bags after engagements, I just find far fewer it seems.

Condition damage as applied by the scepter number 1 does not suffer from this issue, nor does the Staff number 1.   Unfortunately, there seems to be some sort of threshold of damage that has to be done, so I can't just tag them once and get credit.  Other classes that have direct damage available or are power traited can whack them once or twice and get credit easily.  This is a major issue with keep defense, as I very often get no credit for any kills in the three minute window for the defense event.  Lately I have resorted to berserker charging off the wall with scepter in hand against low targets to try and get a kill credit.

My theory is that the game loses track of the mark/well originator for source of damage.  

This combined with the relatively low direct damage of a non spite necro leads to wasted time trying to get kill credit, instead of continuing to lay down interdiction.   Normally I heavily influence the front lines with my build, but I have found myself scrambling to do direct damage as other guildies are talking about their first honor badge purchases already, and I am no where near their kill or badge totals.

TLDR:    Ground targeted condition marks and well damage doesn't seem to be given credit for kills

Thoughts?

#2 ijne

ijne

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

The necro I duo with has more kills than I do and regularly gets more bags.  He uses same weapons.I do have a huge problem remembering to loot bags though his kill count is still higher too.

Edited by ijne, 04 September 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#3 libbyluna

libbyluna

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:16 PM

Try playing a support/healing guardian. I've gotten one badge so far and two bags.

#4 JExMachina

JExMachina

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

View Postijne, on 04 September 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

The necro I duo with has more kills than I do and regularly gets more bags.  He uses same weapons.I do have a huge problem remembering to loot bags though his kill count is still higher too.

Interesting.  I don't think this is as much about bags per kill as it is exp notifications.   I only have data samples from a couple dozen people on vent, so its hardly empiric evidence I have.   I asked if people pretty much always saw exp notifications, and most others had no issues with credit for their kills even if felt they didn't get enough badges.

View Postlibbyluna, on 04 September 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Try playing a support/healing guardian. I've gotten one badge so far and two bags.

I hear you.  The other complaint in our vent is from guardians who can't do much of anything at range, and who focus on support.

I guess asked another way, do other necros get kill spam exp messages when they just run AE condition damage from staff and wells alone?

#5 alucard13mmfmj

alucard13mmfmj

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

i think bag drops are unbalanced.

the best source of loot bags are from cannons. in 10minutes, i can get 15-20 bags easily.

arrow carts, about 7-10 in 10minutes.

i get almost no bags when on offensive or on the ground playing defensive. i imagine support characters get even less.

but yeah, if you are getting little/no bags... try using arrow carts or hope theres cannons on a tower/keep that is under attack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users