• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 okrane

okrane

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

So I was doing my first dungeon and a lot of fights, trash as well as boss, we defeated them by repeatedly resurecting at the waypoint and running back into the fight. This feels completely wrong, as it lessens the impact of a death to a great amount.

Problem is, that the dungeon itself seems to be tuned with this aspect in mind, and removing it completely would alter the way things play out.

Personally I would like to see more emphasis on the downed state (i.e. maybe you are much harder to kill while in downed state when you are doing dungeons) effectively giving your allies more opportunities to bring you back up, and remove this whole resurrect-run-back-to-the-fight again.

Not to mention that a victory achieved through this manner feels like an exploit to me, effectively like cheating your way out of the real difficulty of the fight.

#2 AsuranCanuck

AsuranCanuck

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Did a lot of rez and run during my first go through of AC. Next time, not so much, knew the fights better and had a better understanding of how to stay alive.
Did the next dungeon at 40, CM, didn't have to rez and run once (could have been the better group that I was with) but there are also a lot fewer points to spawn at in there. Only time I had to was when I teleported inside a rock and got stuck... bug report filed.

I think it's a way of understanding the fights and learning the game. I understand how you felt after the first run through AC where I used the way point 20 times..

#3 horrorslice

horrorslice

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostAsuranCanuck, on 04 September 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

Did a lot of rez and run during my first go through of AC. Next time, not so much, knew the fights better and had a better understanding of how to stay alive.
Did the next dungeon at 40, CM, didn't have to rez and run once (could have been the better group that I was with) but there are also a lot fewer points to spawn at in there. Only time I had to was when I teleported inside a rock and got stuck... bug report filed.

I think it's a way of understanding the fights and learning the game. I understand how you felt after the first run through AC where I used the way point 20 times..
I heard it's just that AC is less forgiving than other dungeons. Just what I heard from lvl 80 guildies... not sure how much truth there is to that. If it's true, AC needs to be downscaled or everything else upscaled.

I do agree though, the graveyard zerging is pretty ridiculous.

#4 thenewzero

thenewzero

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

I really dislike that they increased the time it takes to rez someone when in combat from the earlier beta weekend events.  As you mentioned, I feel like the encounters in AC were almost designed with the idea that you would die (fully, not just downed) and have a way to come back.  I did AC during one of the beta weekend events before they nerfed the rez speed, and it was usually more efficient to rez someone in combat than have them waypoint and run back.  That felt more reasonable, because you had to spend time rezzing someone, but it was way faster than waypointing back.  It also felt very interesting, as you had to make sure to clear some space to have someone rez.

In fact, I'm not even sure why we can even rez in combat anymore given how long it takes.  Just seems like a trap.  It's *never* a good idea to rez someone in combat.

#5 Ritter

Ritter

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

Yeah it is, I think A.net should disable it till the bosses reset.

But then again for the extreme vast majority of people it's the only way to beat bosses in GW2. But we'll see how it goes after people've learned the game mechanis.

Edited by Ritter, 04 September 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dungeon, downed, defeated, wipe, boss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users