• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Favelle

Favelle

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Hey guys, So i'm level 80 now and i need help with armour.
Which Exotic armour is good for a power / precision build. [Currently 30/30/10] - Might change it depending on feedback given :P.

I am quite new to the guild wars series so i really need your help.
I have 6 superior rune of ranger to put on my armours.
My main weapon is a shortbow - Berserker's Pearl needler of Force
Should i use a longbow instead? Because I have Eir's Longbow but i might not soulbind that.

May i get your feedback on accessories as well i just want to make the BEST, most powerful DPS ranger :)

Your help is greatly appreciated.
You can pm me ingame if you want - Favelle

#2 Neurocore

Neurocore

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

I am looking at the same exact build and setup.  

If someone can shed some light, it would be greatly appreciated!

#3 Mavrick

Mavrick

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NOW]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Berzerker's has the Power/Precision you're looking for. I think it includes toughness as well - though I currently can't confirm that.

From the Longbow/Shortbow discussion on the same forums, the Shortbow out DPS's the longbow by quite the margin.

#4 Neurocore

Neurocore

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostMavrick, on 07 September 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Berzerker's has the Power/Precision you're looking for. I think it includes toughness as well - though I currently can't confirm that.

From the Longbow/Shortbow discussion on the same forums, the Shortbow out DPS's the longbow by quite the margin.

Thanks for the tip Mavrick.  I just purchased a rare longbow/shortbow (L80 versions that were Berseker stats).  Now, I just need to figure out how to get some better gear and replace this L50-60 garbage :)

#5 Calonis

Calonis

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Guild Tag:[EDGE]
  • Server:Henge of Denravi

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

The short bow may out dps the longbow in the long run but, the longbow has a much higher burst damage output then the short bow. So if your looking at PvP or, looking at PvE is what you need to know. Ultimately the longbow rules over WvW and, as far as I am concerned every tournament I have gone into with my longbow facing against other rangers with short bow end up not being able to handle the nuke of the longbows damage.

#6 Danthin

Danthin

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 108 posts
  • Guild Tag:[RUIN]
  • Server:Desolation

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostCalonis, on 11 September 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

The short bow may out dps the longbow in the long run but, the longbow has a much higher burst damage output then the short bow. So if your looking at PvP or, looking at PvE is what you need to know. Ultimately the longbow rules over WvW and, as far as I am concerned every tournament I have gone into with my longbow facing against other rangers with short bow end up not being able to handle the nuke of the longbows damage.

How?  I want to know where the longbow brings a huge amount of burst in a PvP setting.  I hope you aren't quoting rapid fire with something like QZ because it is a simple dodge roll to mitigate a majority of that damage.  I have yet to find a situation, except for maybe wall defense in which the Longbow is superior to the Shortbow in any WvW setting especially.
Winners and losers are largely differentiated by their way of thinking.

It means that if you’re thinking tend to be nearer to the Losers approach, it is possible for you to shift yourself back to the Winners way.

All you need is to be 100% honest with yourself, admit that some part of your life needs to be changed and work on it.

#7 Dukeun

Dukeun

Asuran Acolyte

• Curse Premium
  • Curse Premium
  • 82 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[KILL]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

My guild mate went a Berserker short bow build, and it seems to be doing well for him.  I think he put crit power or crit chance on his weapon, and I can't say for jewels because I haven't crafted them for him yet lol.  I would assume he will stack more crit and power though.

#8 Spatzimaus

Spatzimaus

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

Berserker is Power/Precision/CritDamage.  It's probably going to end up being the most popular combination overall, especially since it's by far the best at boosting most class' base attacks.  But out of the various weapon modifier types, at least four add Power and Precision, so it's a question of what you want that third stat to be, and which stat is in the #1 slot (which gets a larger amount than the others).  For instance, another popular choice is Rampager (Precision/Power/ConditionDamage), which goes well with the multiple Bleeds we get.  There's also Knights', Explorer's, and so on.  So if your build depends more on making a crit and less on exactly how much damage the crit does, Berserker might not be the best choice.

As for the longbow-vs-shortbow discussion, that's been done to death in many, many other threads.  It's a question of what you'll use it for; Barrage, for instance, is fantastic in WvW but in normal PvE is only really useful in limited situations.

#9 Willawonky

Willawonky

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I have found that Shortbow in mainhand with axe/horn/torch + the full exotic rampage armor set with 6 superior runes of divinity + all trinkets with the same stats but with + In crit damage works wonders. My bleeds burns down all enemies and my attacks hit as hard as coffin nails my crit chance is 64% 66 with axe war horn it's my dungeon build and my pve/pvp build..

I have a longbow at all times in my backpack at all times tho for large group boss fights etc...

#10 f1aws

f1aws

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[WPAK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 24 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

I went all Berserker gear (jewelry, armor, and weapons) and I'm a bit too squishy having 15k life at level 80, so I wouldn't suggest it.

Kinda wish I had some toughness or vitality but not really sure which one to get, and where I should put it on my equipment.

#11 Willawonky

Willawonky

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:46 AM

If u want gear with vitality or toughness  you do so at the expense of precision/condition damage...  I would then aim @ the vitality toughness in your trinkets. Then the berserker gear is allright if u run longbow sword/horn...

If u want to go condition I would choose the full Rampage/Carrion armor set for maxin out condition damage or crit chance, depends on your traits of cause.
And then go shortbow axe/warhorn/torch. I would then choose the rune of superior divinity in the entire set for the +60 in every stat and +12% crit damage
My trait setup would be 20/30/10/10/0 relying on the crits to hit instead of going full condition damage or 30/25/5/10/0 maxin out power and condition duration with lots of crit damage to make up for the lesser dot.
I just don't think a build with 30 in wilderness survival is a viable build because u will end up doing a lot less damage on your main attacks ofc your dots will hit harder but condition damage has a soft cap.. ....

#12 f1aws

f1aws

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Profession:Warrior
  • Guild Tag:[WPAK]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

View PostWillawonky, on 24 September 2012 - 11:46 AM, said:

If u want gear with vitality or toughness  you do so at the expense of precision/condition damage...  I would then aim @ the vitality toughness in your trinkets. Then the berserker gear is allright if u run longbow sword/horn...

If u want to go condition I would choose the full Rampage/Carrion armor set for maxin out condition damage or crit chance, depends on your traits of cause.
And then go shortbow axe/warhorn/torch. I would then choose the rune of superior divinity in the entire set for the +60 in every stat and +12% crit damage
My trait setup would be 20/30/10/10/0 relying on the crits to hit instead of going full condition damage or 30/25/5/10/0 maxin out power and condition duration with lots of crit damage to make up for the lesser dot.
I just don't think a build with 30 in wilderness survival is a viable build because u will end up doing a lot less damage on your main attacks ofc your dots will hit harder but condition damage has a soft cap.. ....

So do you think this is a good setup below?

6 piece armor Berserker gear with 6x Runes of the Divinity, 5 piece jewelry Soldier's stats, and a Berserker weapon would make me happy, while keeping strong damage, and being able to take a few hits?

Edited by f1aws, 24 September 2012 - 01:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users