• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Argurotoxus

Argurotoxus

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hey guys, I'm here with a point that a couple of my friends have brought up recently in respect to my build.

I'm going condition damage ranger right now. I'm level 72, and it's awesome. I've been able to solo any area I walked into (although Straights of Devastation take a long while to solo) with ease, solo a champion mob once, duo some others with a bud, and in general having a wonderful time.

I do a lot of really nice damage but my friends and I were theorycrafting and wondered if my build was useless in big events.

What I mean by this is, I stack bleed, poison, and burning. Primarily bleed though, as I've recently been able to apply 25 stacks of bleed solo if I use my full combo. I love it, but in a big boss fight, let's say Kol, I normally run into the fight and already notice that he has bleed, burning, and poison on him. Oftentimes he already has 25 stacks of bleed even.

I continue to go behind him and stack my bleed like normal, but is it actually doing anything? Obviously 25 stacks is maxed out, so when I'm stacking my bleed with them, how does it calculate my damage? I have every piece of equipment with +condition damage and most of it is rares so my condition damage is rather high. If a boss already has 25 stacks of bleed, and say another ranger with not-as-good equips or a not as specific build is also stacking bleed, how does it calculate my damage as well as his? If he has 25 stacks of bleed and I keep hitting him with more, I'm basically just wasting my damage, right?

So I continued to think that it's possible for big boss fights my build is entirely useless and I should consider switching to longbow for boss fights for raw power or something. I'd prefer to stay with my build, but if I'm just pissing away damage, I'd definitely rather have a second build to change to when I know I'm about to go boss fighting.

I was just hoping some people in this community were a bit more educated in this area than myself and maybe could shine some light on this for me : ) Thanks!

#2 Argurotoxus

Argurotoxus

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

I'm just going to bump this before marching band since it's fallen down to the fourth page : )

#3 phillukin

phillukin

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

View PostArgurotoxus, on 05 September 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Hey guys, I'm here with a point that a couple of my friends have brought up recently in respect to my build.

I'm going condition damage ranger right now. I'm level 72, and it's awesome. I've been able to solo any area I walked into (although Straights of Devastation take a long while to solo) with ease, solo a champion mob once, duo some others with a bud, and in general having a wonderful time.

I do a lot of really nice damage but my friends and I were theorycrafting and wondered if my build was useless in big events.

What I mean by this is, I stack bleed, poison, and burning. Primarily bleed though, as I've recently been able to apply 25 stacks of bleed solo if I use my full combo. I love it, but in a big boss fight, let's say Kol, I normally run into the fight and already notice that he has bleed, burning, and poison on him. Oftentimes he already has 25 stacks of bleed even.

I continue to go behind him and stack my bleed like normal, but is it actually doing anything? Obviously 25 stacks is maxed out, so when I'm stacking my bleed with them, how does it calculate my damage? I have every piece of equipment with +condition damage and most of it is rares so my condition damage is rather high. If a boss already has 25 stacks of bleed, and say another ranger with not-as-good equips or a not as specific build is also stacking bleed, how does it calculate my damage as well as his? If he has 25 stacks of bleed and I keep hitting him with more, I'm basically just wasting my damage, right?

So I continued to think that it's possible for big boss fights my build is entirely useless and I should consider switching to longbow for boss fights for raw power or something. I'd prefer to stay with my build, but if I'm just pissing away damage, I'd definitely rather have a second build to change to when I know I'm about to go boss fighting.

I was just hoping some people in this community were a bit more educated in this area than myself and maybe could shine some light on this for me : ) Thanks!

You are right, condition build isn't that great on World bosses like Tequatl/shatterer/claw but its amazing to have for explorable dungeons. Just don't bring too many condition stacking classes into the same dungeon!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conditions, boss, bleed, poison, burning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users