• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kixxs44

Kixxs44

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

I've just switched to a power rifle/grenade build as follows (primary aim = PvE and WvWvW):

http://gw2skills.net...gyAlAKLUOokQNoA

A couple of questions for those of you out there running similar builds:

Would it be worth it to drop any of the firearms traits (probably precise sights) for infused precision for perma swiftness and then swap out fast-acting elixirs in alchemy for Invigorating Speed? I used to run with speedy kits in the tools line, which might actually make more sense given that this is a crit/power build (keep current skill traits and drop alchemy line for tools, although I'd lose health that way).

Also, I've added net turret for some control and enhanced damage, particularly when facing more difficult mobs, but realistically I could swap that skill out for something more useful as I already have net shot from the rifle action bar. Any thoughts as to maximizing that skill slot?

Thanks in advance

#2 Scrimps

Scrimps

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

Drop net-turret for elixer U. You have two CC's with that build already, plus a way to knock the enemy away.

#3 RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

Elixir U is a fantastic addition to any build. Though it is reaching the point where 90% of builds end up. Elixir U, Elixir B, Crate + Kit of your choice + weapon of your choice xD

#4 SilverTSP

SilverTSP

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Guild Tag:[TSP]
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostKixxs44, on 05 September 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Would it be worth it to drop any of the firearms traits (probably precise sights) for infused precision for perma swiftness and then swap out fast-acting elixirs in alchemy for Invigorating Speed?

I have, and now that I have it, I won't live without it.

#5 Phineas Poe

Phineas Poe

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1183 posts
  • Profession:Engineer
  • Guild Tag:[EG]
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostKixxs44, on 05 September 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

I've just switched to a power rifle/grenade build as follows (primary aim = PvE and WvWvW):

http://gw2skills.net...gyAlAKLUOokQNoA

A couple of questions for those of you out there running similar builds:

Would it be worth it to drop any of the firearms traits (probably precise sights) for infused precision for perma swiftness and then swap out fast-acting elixirs in alchemy for Invigorating Speed? I used to run with speedy kits in the tools line, which might actually make more sense given that this is a crit/power build (keep current skill traits and drop alchemy line for tools, although I'd lose health that way).

Also, I've added net turret for some control and enhanced damage, particularly when facing more difficult mobs, but realistically I could swap that skill out for something more useful as I already have net shot from the rifle action bar. Any thoughts as to maximizing that skill slot?

Thanks in advance

I run something fairly similar, though I prefer a 30/20/0/0/20 split with Grenade/Bomb Kit with Elixir Gun and Throw Mine.

Frankly, I don't bother with swiftness any longer. Precise Sights paired with Steel-Packed Powder just makes grenades utterly disgusting when playing in a group. And you're already sinking the 30 points into Explosives, why not make use of Grenadier and stay in the back?

Works the same way with Bomb Kit when soloing. I constantly crit for over 2K on a lot of monsters equal to my level. I'm not entirely sure if that's a lot or not at 78 without 400 LW gear, but it sure feels really effective.

I also think Go For The Eyes is a better choice. The problem I'm finding is that in late game monsters love to pull you to them and slap on a ton of cripple conditions. Knockdowns are what you want, not necessarily swiftness. I didn't find speccing it to be worthwhile any longer. And if I really need it that badly, my build allows me to swap to Speedy Kits and maintain it forever regardless.

Edited by Phineas_Poe, 05 September 2012 - 02:22 PM.

#6 pokeytehpenguin

pokeytehpenguin

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostRyuujinZERO, on 05 September 2012 - 02:12 PM, said:

Elixir U is a fantastic addition to any build. Though it is reaching the point where 90% of builds end up. Elixir U, Elixir B, Crate + Kit of your choice + weapon of your choice xD

Heh, that's exactly how I roll, they are just very, very good together. Pop em and make it rain grenades, the hardest part is looting all the bags.

#7 Kixxs44

Kixxs44

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys - I'll play around with it and see which feels best

Phineas - would you mind linking that 30/20/0/0/20 build you're running w/ skills? I'd like to take a look at that as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rifle, grenade, grenadier, engineer, firearms, power, build, trait, crit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users