• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 yoyostar

yoyostar

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Ive played all starting areas, and the charr area is actually very cool. Ive also seen way more vets in any other maps, on top of that most hearts and skill points are also harder to get.

PS I thought charr would be really boring, it didnt appeal me in anyway. However after playing charr i think it is the 2nd best race. Humans are the least fun imo, real boring world, somewhat childish.

#62 Yumiya

Yumiya

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Server:Tarnished Coast

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

I love the nature and the colours in the landscape, the hints of GW1's Ascalon, but I don't really like the Charr architecture.
Not saying it's not well designed, because I think it suits the Charr very well, but no, I'd rather be in Queensdale or Caledon forest.

#63 chrisbdrake

chrisbdrake

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • Server:Sanctum of Rall

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostDaesu, on 19 September 2012 - 07:30 AM, said:

uh...Who says I am upset?  Maybe it is the way I usually talk, since I have been role playing too much charr and norn lately. :)

You practically bit the guy's head off for "misrepresenting" you post.  Either you're upset or just an incredible jerk, the choice is yours.

I find the contrast within the Plains of Ashford to be fascinating.  Parts of the area are very ugly to me and others are beautiful.  Judging from the area, I'd say that there is a lot of pain and conflict in Charr culture.

Edited by chrisbdrake, 19 September 2012 - 04:03 PM.

#64 Daesu

Daesu

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1344 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NPO]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostXSevSpreeX, on 19 September 2012 - 09:46 AM, said:

Understood, my apologies then. You still speak better English than some people that did learn it as their first language. :D

Nah...it was probably my fault without realizing it.  :D

Think of it as the ghosts violently attacking you in an attempt to drive you (or rather, the charr) from their homeland and you're simply fighting them in self defense. By the sound of it, it seems like that's what's actually happening, although the charr definitely seem to be eager to fight back.

Yeah but it was actually the homeland of the Ascalonians which the charrs now occupy.  And they have scarred that beautiful land and killed many Ascalonians for it.

Unfortunately, that is history and the Ascalonians have died.  I don't feel right killing their ghosts repeatedly though.

Edited by Daesu, 19 September 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#65 Kagron12

Kagron12

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

I think the Charr areas are my favorite.  It probably has to do with the fact that I played a lot of Guild Wars 1 and it reminds me of the searing in Ascalon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: charr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users