#1 Liudom

Liudom

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts
  • Guild Tag:[MYTH]
  • Server:Gandara

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:46 AM

Hey, I'm not going to hype this up as it is just another possible fix for the Black Screen.

I've had this issue since the beta, constantly black screen with music and cursor.
Ive tried everything, I have a long standing open ticket with GW2...
- Low settings
- Low Res
- nVidia drivers with all settings needed turned off
- Tested 3 different drivers (Old, New & Beta)
- Re-installed the game, drivers and updated the windows update to the max
- Ran tests for GW2 Support Team (They are now asking for a crap load of screenshots)
- Black screen on multiple computers within the same household

Now what I found out is that I didnt get the problem on a different network.
Tested the connection bypassing the router and it worked for 9 hours (I left it runing in the background for good testing)

I have 2 Routers, D-Link 632 and a old Netgear.

I had been for 2 weeks going through settings on my router D-Link.
Ports, DMZ, changing channels, resetting, application force...etc

Eventually I just disabled my firewall in my router (Bad Idea?, but I have a decent one on my computer), did this for a few people having issues I know in my area.
And BAMMM the game is running over 9 hours straight, no problems, no worries.

Hopefully this will help those with the same issue for temporary use until GW2 fix this weird bug/issue.

Thanks
Liudom aka "Sir Haza"
Mythica

#2 FlashxGordon

FlashxGordon

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:14 AM

I will give this a try tomorrow night. I have been suffering horribly by this bug without a hope for a fix. GW devs got their hands full i assume, too full to fix such a small issue :(....

Hope this works. did your other router work fine? I have an old crappy router i could possibly switch to temporarily. My wife would kill me though if i by-pass router lol... no wireless for her, no head for me.

#3 Liudom

Liudom

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

Amen to that, it has been a very frustrating release for me too. Miss out of world events and WvWvW events..ect
I know its not a Gfx card issue, because when I get the black screen, friends on skype tell me I've gone offline, on top of that I have no issues with BF3, CS:GO, CSS, FIFA12..etc The GW2 Tech Support have no idea what the problem is, that's the thing, it's useless asking them for help on this issue, they keep on re-using the same email, just worded differently.

My old router didnt either, but by disabling the Firewall in both, the GW2 worked flawlessly.
Haha, I can say I've experienced that side of the issue, if they dont have access to Facebook, Ebay and to our Store/Credit Cards, we are pretty much dead :P

#4 GaFF

GaFF

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:05 AM

Im running same router as you, I will try this now and see how it goes hoping for the best. Thanks very much.

#5 Mick412

Mick412

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Server:Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

Thank you! I only disabled SPI in my router's Firewall Settings and it seems to have fixed it (D-Link DIR-601).

#6 Liudom

Liudom

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:11 AM

Glad to hear it has worked for others!
*.. applies for GW Tech Support* :P

#7 Decoy

Decoy

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

This doesn't fix my issue unfortunately.  Mine acts as if the VC just shuts off.  Not just a game crashing.  After by passing my router it took about 2 minutes before it crashed again on me.  Still looking for a solution to this annoying issue.

#8 FlashxGordon

FlashxGordon

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

It may have worked for me, played 3 hours last night without black screen, but then game froze during WvW lol... so i went to bed. Trying again tonight.

I also disabled that SPI thing, and put router into DMZ, and port forwarded, so here hoping.

#9 vato76

vato76

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Just wanted to add this: i had this problem for weeks after getting a new modem. I enabled SRA in my router settings, and havent had the problem since.

little update: black screen still happens.

Edited by vato76, 26 February 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black, screen, issues, fix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users