jomsjoms

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

Given: For WvWvW

Please state what you think in your opinion is the following:

1) Best EXOTIC long or short bow
2) Best Second weapon (weapon you pair with question #1)
2) Best Build
3) Best Armor set
4) Best sigil, etc you use with the set mentioned above.

You may also include a short or detailed explanation for the choices you mentioned

Edited by jomsjoms, 06 September 2012 - 03:23 AM.

#2 Legend4200

Legend4200

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:45 AM

I am already interested in people's opinions on this topic.

#3 Pirhana Scout

Pirhana Scout

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

For WvW id say use both bows,  use your long bow to open and fire at range, (1500 range traited)  from what ive seen longbow outdamages shortbow as long as you keep them at 1000+ range for max damage.  and in keep defense or standoffs most of your shots arent gunna be flanking for shortbows bleed.  when the target gets close or in skirmishes switch to shortbow.

I have also seen alot of rangers lately opening with longbow, for vulnerability shot and barrage then using shortboy teh rest of the fight.  with your traps and your shortbow abilitys you really never need to engage in melee.

#4 atomicmuse

atomicmuse

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

1) Depends on your build.  Any with pow/prec/crit if you like Longbow or are using a glass cannon build
2) Keep a warhorn in your inventory for speed, but I like to throw the shortbow in for closer battles.
3) Glass cannon.  If you trait for range, you should never get too close to the front lines.
4) Berserker's crafted, to go with build above.
5) Haven't done much with sigils yet.

#5 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Bump, surprised not many answered this or commented on best off set.

#6 Klaist

Klaist

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

View Postatomicmuse, on 11 September 2012 - 03:38 PM, said:

3) Glass cannon.  If you trait for range, you should never get too close to the front lines.

Glass cannon? really? I am far from considering myself a Pro in WvW but I think there is one thing I have learned so far: competetive WvW means Last Man Standing Wins and a Glass Cannon spec just sucks. for any class.
Thats very harsh I know, but from my experience there are just too many occasions in WvW where you simply have no means to stay at range and then you will just die in an instant. ( -> Mesmer Bomb).
Well correct me if I am wrong.

#7 lmaonade

lmaonade

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1122 posts
  • Guild Tag:[NGE]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

this is all just my opinion

I'm a defensive oriented play who likes to play at medium to short range so obviously that'll affect the choices

1) Best EXOTIC long or short bow
Rampager's short bow, I like power builds but the condition damage is well matched with the shortbow #1
2) Best Second weapon (weapon you pair with question #1)
Greatsword, complements the medium ranged shortbow with short ranged play, has a lot of utility and a very nice blocking skill
3) Best Build
Traps, I believe they are staple because they're awesome and I like short CD utilites because I like consistent power
4) Best Armor set
Invader/Soldier gear (Power/Tough/Vit), I believe in defensive play in a game of attrition, also I skirmish rather than zerg so some defense is needed (and often I'm the defensive anchor of my team since I usually play a shout warrior, I'd be deceptively tanky in a tanky build archer)
5) Best sigil, etc you use with the set mentioned above.
I go for Energy Sigil and Sigil of Earth, Energy on GS and earth on SB

#8 neverborne

neverborne

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:26 AM

I've got 8k+ WvW kills and my build is fully WvW-centric.

Exotics: I use a mix of Bersker's (weapons/jewlery/chest/legs) with the rest Valkyrie and my fabulous ascendant bow and a karka earring.
Sigils: Sigil of bloodlust on the Shortbow (incredibly good and the stacks come faster than you'd think), Sigil of battle on longbow (fast weapon swapping means the 3 stacks of might have a very high uptime)
Runes:  Superior rune of Divinity. This build benefits from all stats and divinity runes give the most bang for your buck imo. The "+10 to all stats" also includes +healing and +condi damage.
Food/potion: Curry (100prec 10% crit dmg) and sharpening stones
Pets: /Sigh no really great options here for WvW. I usually go 1 canine 1 cat for this build.
Build:
http://www.gw2build....0.10.25.20.0.15

#9 neverborne

neverborne

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:32 AM

I've got 8k+ WvW kills and my build is fully WvW-centric. I've played many different builds (i've got full exotic condition set as well) but this is the one I think stands up the best in WvW.

Exotics: I use a mix of Bersker's (weapons/jewlery/chest/legs) with the rest Valkyrie and my fabulous ascendant quiver and a karka earring.
Sigils: Sigil of bloodlust on the Shortbow (incredibly good and the stacks come faster than you'd think), Sigil of battle on longbow (fast weapon swapping means the 3 stacks of might have a very high uptime)
Runes:  Superior rune of Divinity. This build benefits from all stats and divinity runes give the most bang for your buck imo. The "+10 to all stats" also includes +healing and +condi damage.
Pets: /Sigh no really great options here for WvW. I usually go 1 canine 1 cat for this build.
Build:

#10 jeddahwe

jeddahwe

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

View Postneverborne, on 07 December 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

I've got 8k+ WvW kills and my build is fully WvW-centric. I've played many different builds (i've got full exotic condition set as well) but this is the one I think stands up the best in WvW.

Exotics: I use a mix of Bersker's (weapons/jewlery/chest/legs) with the rest Valkyrie and my fabulous ascendant quiver and a karka earring.
Build:

How do you deal with Conditions placed on you?  I see no way for clearing them!  We have 4 ways to do so and a highly defensive build would have all 4 -being heal, active signet, passive signet and bear- but even a DPS build would need some way, at least 2?

#11 Zheo

Zheo

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SQDN]
  • Server:Borlis Pass

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

I use Eir's Longbow, because I like the skin and the stats on it for my build.  As for secondary, I bring an Axe/Warhorn...horn for buffs and I find the axe works nicely to get some quick conditions or snares up close before I move back.

I use sigil of force on my Longbow, and for the life of me I can't remember what I use on my offset. I use Berserker's armor and some +toughness jewelry as a mixer.  Runes I bring "of the Pack"...not the best choice, I know, but as a commander I move around, a lot, and I find the +swiftness on the set handy. Will change to "of the Ranger" one of these days...

Pets I bring one canine and one bear (condition removal)

http://gw2skills.net...kMJJSymkLJZSjCA

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users