13 replies to this topic

#1 Luke420

Luke420

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hello there,

I was wondering if the people that couldn't claim/display their GWAMM title in GW2 at first, but then eventually could by logging in to their GW1 account and by entering the HoM on their GWAMM have ever done so before?

Or was this actually your first time entering the HoM in GW1 with your GWAMM?

I'm asking because my GWAMM was deleted, I did enter the HoM on him tho and so my account is flagged as having the GWAMM title. Im just a bit worried that I wont be able to claim the title in GW2 because I would need to enter the HoM again with my GWAMM in GW1 after linking my GW1 and GW2 accounts.

Looking forward hearing from you guys.

Edited by Luke420, 06 September 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#2 EmptyPalms

EmptyPalms

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

View PostLuke420, on 06 September 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Hello there,

I was wondering if the people that couldn't claim/display their GWAMM title in GW2 at first, but then eventually could by logging in to their GW1 account and by entering the HoM on their GWAMM have ever done so before?

Or was this actually your first time entering the HoM in GW1 with your GWAMM?

Looking forward hearing from you guys.

I can confirm this. I heard it from someone and after I did it, I was able to display my GWAMM.

#3 Selaris

Selaris

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • Guild Tag:[[As]]

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

I had this problem, and entered the HoM. Didn't notice the title still in GW2, so I sent in a bug report. In a few hours I suddenly got booted from the game, and when I logged back in the GWAMM title appeared. So it's possible, it might have something to do with it, though I had been in the HoM with that said title countless times before. Though if you deleted the character that had GWAMM, well I don't think that title would be saved.

#4 Luke420

Luke420

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hey thanks for the responses appreciate it.

@ EmptyPalms

Thanks for confirming this works if you can't display GWAMM in GW2 but I was already aware of that.

@ Selaris

Your account is flagged as having the GWAMM title if you entered the HoM once on your GWAMM character, GW2 support confirmed that for
me. Did you enter your HoM with your GWAMM when you had this problem or just a random character?

#5 JunoGuts

JunoGuts

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

All i needed was to login in GW1 with THE character that had the title. Nothing else. I didnt go to HoM just logged in.

Login GW1 (with GWAMM character)
Logout

Login GW2
Display title

and why would you delete your GWAMM char?

Edited by JunoGuts, 06 September 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#6 Luke420

Luke420

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

@ JunoGuts I didnt do so myself.

Basically what I want to know is the following:

Was anyone able to claim the GWAMM title in GW2 right away? (without first having to log into GW1 on your GWAMM character and entering the HoM after linking his/her GW1 account to his/her GW2 account) and is absolutely certain that he or she did the following:

-Entered the HoM in GW1 on his/her character which has achieved GWAMM before linking his/her GW1 account to his/her GW2 account

Edited by Luke420, 06 September 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#7 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3325 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

I'm not sure that you specifically need to enter the HoM in GW1 with the specific character that got the GWAMM title. You could try entering the HoM with any GW1 character and viewing your combined legacy.
(I did actually use my GWAMM character for this so I don't know if it matters.)

While we're on the subject, is there any way to target yourself in GW2 so that you can be sure that a title is actually being displayed?

Edited by Quaker, 07 September 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#8 Luke420

Luke420

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Well I can't try that sadly cause I didnt buy the game yet, I just dont want to be unpleasantly surprised when I finally get it.
Well the FAQ by GW2 support states that u need to enter the HoM on your GWAMM character but perhaps any character will do.
Anyone tried this out yet?

#9 Azure Skye

Azure Skye

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 2089 posts
  • Profession:Mesmer
  • Guild Tag:[CUTE]
  • Server:Dragonbrand

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

View PostQuaker, on 07 September 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

I'm not sure that you specifically need to enter the HoM in GW1 with the specific character that got the GWAMM title. You could try entering the HoM with any GW1 character and viewing your combined legacy.
(I did actually use my GWAMM character for this so I don't know if it matters.)

While we're on the subject, is there any way to target yourself in GW2 so that you can be sure that a title is actually being displayed?
I've trying to find that out since GW2 launched. >.<

#10 Luke420

Luke420

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Just ask a friend wether or not he can see it?
Lets try to stay on topic tho please.

Edited by Luke420, 07 September 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#11 Quaker

Quaker

Technician

• Technicians
  • 3325 posts
  • Profession:Ranger
  • Guild Tag:[n/a]
  • Server:Fort Aspenwood

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

What part of "is there any way to target yourself in GW2" don't you understand? ;)

#12 Luke420

Luke420

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

I get all of it don't worry, because of the way you asked I just assumed that the sole purpose of knowing how to target yourself is to know wether or not you are actually displaying the GWAMM title. So I just suggested another way of knowing wether or not you are displaying GWAMM as I do not know either how you target yourself in GW2. ;)

#13 Luke420

Luke420

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:39 PM

bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

#14 Insane Circus Pony

Insane Circus Pony

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 7 posts
  • Guild Tag:[Arro]
  • Server:Yak’s Bend

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Had issues myself in the first 3 head start access days but wasn't to worried since it was that early, but I did log onto my Gwamm char and went and entered into HoM just to make sure and then shortly after logged into gw2 and I was able to display it under the achievement area in GW2 where the drop down arrow is.

Thats the only title I had trouble displaying at first though all the other HoM titles from 50/50 points showed up right away. Good luck I hope anet will help you out with this they restored my miniature rytlock after deleting it lol. I would get onto the support asap though games seem to be more forgiving in the early stages of a release.

And the way you used to be able to target yourself was going into options > key binding > and setting a key for "nearest ally" I tryed it today though and it doesn't seem to work for me.. maybe someone else can explain.

+ how did your Gwamm manage to get deleted do tell.

Edited by Insane Circus Pony, 19 September 2012 - 05:44 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gwamm, hom, title, gw2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users