• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

God Temple Karma Armor - Which temple's rune do you think is best for you and why?

temple karma god armor

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hinagiku

Hinagiku

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Hi everyone!

I've been saving up a lot of Karma by chain doing DEs for hours on end, and it might be time for me to start thinking about buying some of the Temple Karma armor that you can purchase once you take a god's temple in Orr.

Different temples have different runes for the armor.  I'm having a hard time deciding which one is most appropriate for my warrior however.  I know that what is optimal will be different for everyone, so I would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the issue.  (e.g. If you like using a bow, Balthazar's power+burning rune great in my opinion!)

What would you go for and why?

Cheers,
Hina

Edited by Hinagiku, 06 September 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#2 ed3nder

ed3nder

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

I ran the numbers down on each piece and found the best to be mix'n'matching sets instead of buying 6 pieces of the same set. It allows for better stat focusing
My optimal set-up will focus on healing power, precision and vitality, totals will be
281 healing power
200 precision
224 vitality
34 power, 24 toughness.

All runes switched to dwayna for more healing and constant regen (with healing shouts and siignet of healing). Either that or Soldier's for the very nice condition removal

#3 Zynnlol

Zynnlol

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

View Posted3nder, on 06 September 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

I ran the numbers down on each piece and found the best to be mix'n'matching sets instead of buying 6 pieces of the same set. It allows for better stat focusing
My optimal set-up will focus on healing power, precision and vitality, totals will be
281 healing power
200 precision
224 vitality
34 power, 24 toughness.

All runes switched to dwayna for more healing and constant regen (with healing shouts and siignet of healing). Either that or Soldier's for the very nice condition removal

if it not much to ask could you name the set piece from your setup ? thank you

#4 DarkHorseKnight

DarkHorseKnight

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Runes can be switched, you should be looking at stats.

#5 Hinagiku

Hinagiku

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

View PostDarkHorseKnight, on 07 September 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

Runes can be switched, you should be looking at stats.
Do you think none of the high set bonuses (4, 5 or 6 set bonuses) are worth bothering getting?
If I acquire armor based on the stats on the armor itself, and if I decide later that I want a set of the temple runes, does that effectively mean that each rune will cost 42k karma and some gems/coins? (Rebuying pieces and salvaging using a Black Lion Salvage Kit).  I'm assuming there is no way to get a rune out of a piece of armor to save it for later without destroying the armor.

Thanks for the reply!

#6 Morglum

Morglum

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

Rune = Set Bonus. There are no Set Bonuses based on armors themselves.

#7 Hinagiku

Hinagiku

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

View PostMorglum, on 07 September 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Rune = Set Bonus. There are no Set Bonuses based on armors themselves.
Right, when I say "set bonus" I'm referring to the rune set bonus.  ed3ner talked about mixing and matching and then switching all the runes to Dwayna's.  To get all the runes for Dwayna's, do you have to reacquire all of Dwayna's pieces and salvage the runes out of them?

#8 ivanhalf

ivanhalf

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

With trading post working there should be no real problem getting any rune/sigil you want. Some rune sets are cheaper some are more expensive but in general you can get most runes for less than 50 silver per one.

#9 ed3nder

ed3nder

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostZynnlol, on 07 September 2012 - 06:55 AM, said:

if it not much to ask could you name the set piece from your setup ? thank you

Sure, if the databases are correct, you can get

-Heavy Arcon Helm, Heavy Arcon Breasplate
-Heavy Rubicon Gauntlets, Heavy Rubicon Leggings, Heavy Rubicon Pauldrons, Heavy Rubicon Boots

Arcon is Dwayna and Rubicon is Lyssa, so you would need 4 superior rune of dwayna or go for 6/6 lyssa (the full condition to boon when you cast an elite sounds very nice)

Edited by ed3nder, 07 September 2012 - 06:44 PM.

#10 Hinagiku

Hinagiku

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postivanhalf, on 07 September 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

With trading post working there should be no real problem getting any rune/sigil you want. Some rune sets are cheaper some are more expensive but in general you can get most runes for less than 50 silver per one.
Oh, I see!  So switching runes does not require a serious commitment of resources.  That's quite a relief.  Thanks!

View Posted3nder, on 07 September 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

Sure, if the databases are correct, you can get
-Heavy Arcon Helm, Heavy Arcon Breasplate
-Heavy Rubicon Gauntlets, Heavy Rubicon Leggings, Heavy Rubicon Pauldrons, Heavy Rubicon Boots
Arcon is Dwayna and Rubicon is Lyssa, so you would need 4 superior rune of dwayna or go for 6/6 lyssa (the full condition to boon when you cast an elite sounds very nice)
Very interesting!  Hmm, could you explain your basis for going for healing and precision?  (What your play style is, and how it fits in.)

Edited by Hinagiku, 07 September 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#11 xyrm

xyrm

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Guild Tag:[STFD]
  • Server:Crystal Desert

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:42 AM

Where online can I find the stats of this armor and breakdown by vendor?  I have yet to find any way to tell what the Temple of Balthazar vendor sells.  None of the vendors I've seen have the power-precision-crit dmg gear I want.

#12 azurrei

azurrei

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:36 AM

View Postxyrm, on 08 September 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Where online can I find the stats of this armor and breakdown by vendor?  I have yet to find any way to tell what the Temple of Balthazar vendor sells.  None of the vendors I've seen have the power-precision-crit dmg gear I want.

That would be the Berserker's crafted gear, not sure if any dungeons also have those stat allocations but the Karma in Orr (or WvWvW) does not.

http://www.gw2db.com...s-draconic-coat

Edit: looks like either Citadel of Flame or Arah instances have the armor you are after as well.  I've heard it takes about 70-80 runs of a dungeon to grab a full set of gear

Edited by azurrei, 08 September 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#13 ed3nder

ed3nder

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostHinagiku, on 07 September 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

Oh, I see!  So switching runes does not require a serious commitment of resources.  That's quite a relief.  Thanks!

Very interesting!  Hmm, could you explain your basis for going for healing and precision?  (What your play style is, and how it fits in.)
I'm still experimenting around with builds but i'm aiming more for a support-type instead of going full-out DPS. Right now the greatsword (especially traited), combined with "For great justice" and Signet of rage already gives constant fury and alot of might stacks. I prioritize vitality to have a big HP pool instead of toughness, precision to stay around 50% crit chance and healing for support shouts/banner regen. I do have berserker weapons and accessories, so it's more of a hybrid.
Over full berserker armor I lose about 270 power and 16% crit damage, I prefer a bit more survivability (it also is miles cheaper since berserker is the most popular).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: temple, karma, god, armor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users