• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

Solo Storyline - anyone else miss true co-op missions?

solo personal story pug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sieran

Sieran

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SIX]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

My one big complaint so far: the personal story is designed to be solo-ed.

I get why: to make it "personal", there had to be consequences to decisions, hence multiple paths. But multiple paths make finding PUGs pretty much impossible. Some missions don't let you pull in other people, and even when you can the missions aren't designed for team play.

Does this bother anyone else? Almost makes me miss how GW1 story missions were set up, even with the awful gating.

#2 Futabot

Futabot

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

No, because dungeons.

#3 Thongurf

Thongurf

Fahrar Cub

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yes, considering all stories eventually collide into one, and the personal part is just the beginning i dont see a reason why we couldnt coop with others, not to mention the horrible way in which the story is told.

As for the dungeons, they arent really a story as much as a peak into the lives of Destiny's edge in an attempt to make you relate to them, an attempt that i feel has been poorly designed and really fails to do anything but develope hatred towards all but Rytlock.

#4 Sieran

Sieran

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SIX]
  • Server:Darkhaven

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

View PostFutabot, on 06 September 2012 - 07:10 PM, said:

No, because dungeons.

True. I've enjoyed my dungeon experience so far. It's just a different kind of thing. I get why we're able to solo across the world - it would be extremely irritating to have to group up just to walk somewhere - but part of the weakness of GW1 was that after NF, it was basically a single-player MMO. I'm surprised they didn't correct this more for the story stuff - especially since most people seem to find the first dungeon experiences a bit of a shock difficulty-wise. Some training with team mechanics before then could help quite a bit. Zerging world bosses doesn't really train anything, y'know?

Edited by wilarseny, 06 September 2012 - 07:58 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solo, personal story, pug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users