• Curse Sites
Help
- - - - -

What is frustrating you in WvW/sPvP so far?

wvw spvp stealth illusions runspeed

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 rassier

rassier

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

a large part of this thread reads to me as "what bothers me....losing, what makes me happy...winning"

but anyways

saving builds is a big one, id love to save my builds/equipment sets to easily switch.

spvp not lending to playing the objectives...usually when my team wins, we really lost, lot less glory then the losers.

id like to get money when doing pvp, tho that isnt as big of deal as others.

i still dont see stealth being an issue, on the same note then itwould be valid for me to say i think stuns, roots, slows, and focus firing in groups is all unfair, i should only be able to be damaged by one person at a time!

#32 Stormz

Stormz

Pale Tree Seedling

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:04 AM

From reading a few of the posts here, while i agree it's a zergfest and dislike the capping in spvp.I find the mesmer one of the most original refreshing proffesions there is in GW2, i love the clones.

It seems were going on reruns, cause i seen it happen in GW1 as well, WHATEVER that is fun to play gets nerfed after a while, because of 2 many people that simply can't get this one point in pvp> IT'S a challenge, thats a part of pvp to me, figuring out how to beat it. Reminds me of ritualists in GW1, also the ele smiters in the good ol days of GW1...Why don't you try play it yourself?And see what the weakneses are of mesmer?
People have given a few good hints already.

Guildwars is a TEAMbased game as far as i know, it doesn't matter so much what proffesion/build you have basicly if you have a decent team its a big advantage.

It seems some people want a lazy game where there is no challenge at all... that's what bores me in pve sometimes, it's too easy.

Edited by Stormz, 10 September 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#33 geala

geala

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Server:Elona Reach

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

The most annoying for me is the kill time. Damage is much too high. It's the result of Anets philosophy "things have to die" and makes fights with more than two players senseless. Except perhaps you play Guardian or Mesmer. I can easily accept it in WvW, zerging there makes sense, the strategy is what counts. I hate it in sPvP. Just a few weaks after release and I cannot play more than one or two matches before I have to rescue myself to PvE. That's strange because I normally don't like PvE in other games.

#34 Shamadamun

Shamadamun

Seraph Guardian

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • Guild Tag:[VV]
  • Server:Stormbluff Isle

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:00 AM

Aside from my random connectivity issues I mentioned earlier, I'm now becoming quite irritated with glass-cannons - specifically thieves. 100b warriors are incredibly easy to dodge, no worries there, it's pistol whip thieves that stun/daze and vanish around. If they get caught in a stun/immobilize they blow up into smithereens, or if they join in group fights, but otherwise I fall flat on my face if I don't react in half a second.

#35 Grav

Grav

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Ehmry Bay

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

I don't like how influential the orbs are in WvW.  Seems to me that once a server has them all it's game over, and the other two servers just give up and PvE for the rest of the game.  I've been on both sides of this situation, games that remain in the balance throughout are rare in my experience.

Otoh I think the outmanned buff is useless.  More incentive to kill stuff without the improved means to do so?  Yeah, no dice.  I'd like to see the orb and outmanned buffs swapped, to give losing teams some tangible reason to keep fighting and keep the game interesting.

#36 Mutleyz

Mutleyz

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

One thing I dislike is trying to play some spvp with a friend and we are constantly put in different teams or getting split mid match. There really needs to be an option to join as a group. I know some will say qq play Tpvp but thats not really an option atm, I prefer to play with friends and not pugs and cannot force people not interested in pvp to play it.

It is also irritating after playing a match from the start and about to win the game... then suddenly getting switched teams because a player or 2 leaves due to losing...

Edited by Mutleyz, 10 September 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#37 Cluttered

Cluttered

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Guild Tag:[SANC]
  • Server:Gate of Madness

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

The problem with stealth/clones is two-fold, in my opinion (note: I said MY opinion):

1. Everyone has a heal. I often get into fights with Thieves (and good Mesmers) that I'll wittle them down and then through stealth/clones they are able to heal. I consider myself a decent player and yet there are Thieves that I know I have no way of killing because I just can't do it in time with them constantly stealthing and then, eventually, healing.

2. PvP in GW2 is chaotic...It's hard enough to keep your eye on the target when a team fight is going on even when the class you're trying to kill can't stealth/clone. I've had matches where I simply have to give up on trying to find the Thief/Mesmer (up or in downed state) because it's costing me too many precious moments from the rest of the fight. It seems this mechanic just gives them an unfair advantage towards being able to rally and get back in the fight (or occupy the enemy players for far too long while in downed state).

The other thing that I agree with some people about is the amount of DPS out there. I just feel like everyones DPS needs to be toned down to make the fights in the game more tactical rather than zergy.

I hate how in Hot Join, I either fall in line with the zerg party or I end up with a lot less points. I've been in matches where I consistently end up facing 3-5 of the other team and do a decent job staying alive for 10-20 seconds. What does that get me? Nothing. But it allows my terrible teammates to casually run around and capture points and get glory for being horrible.

Edited by Cluttered, 10 September 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wvw, spvp, stealth, illusions, runspeed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users