6 replies to this topic

#1 AthenaDragonbrand

AthenaDragonbrand

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and  to the GW2. I've been trying to get the Heavy Whispers of Infiltration set close to the Arah entry point. And as I got one of the set I'm seeing I can't apply rune or any sort of upgrade on it. Does anyone know how to do it?

Also, does anyone know how to take an upgrade off an armor like so that I could use it on something else?

One more question, does anyone know the crafted exotic armor set have the slot for upgrade?

Thanks a lot for the reply ;)

#2 Arlen

Arlen

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Up, I'm curious too about this. :)

#3 zp3dd4

zp3dd4

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

You might have to use a transmutation stone and transmute it with another equipment which has the rune you desire.

#4 AthenaDragonbrand

AthenaDragonbrand

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Yeah, thanks zp3dd4 for the reply. But before I do anything on that set. I'm just wondering if the set bonus is already counted as rune? in that case if I transmute another rune on it might as well wipe out the purpose of the entire set? (since in this set only the last set reward is making a difference). Does anyone know it or tried it before (like the rune AND the set bonus can stack)

Thanks

#5 Arlen

Arlen

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

Up, still curious. :)

#6 azurrei

azurrei

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

View PostAthenaDragonbrand, on 07 September 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Yeah, thanks zp3dd4 for the reply. But before I do anything on that set. I'm just wondering if the set bonus is already counted as rune? in that case if I transmute another rune on it might as well wipe out the purpose of the entire set? (since in this set only the last set reward is making a difference). Does anyone know it or tried it before (like the rune AND the set bonus can stack)

Thanks

Runes ARE the "set bonus."  The Karma gear (like some dropped gear) already have runes on them - replacing the rune removes the current rune just like any other piece of gear - this effectively allows you to choose set bonuses.

Edited by azurrei, 10 September 2012 - 04:57 PM.

#7 Morglum

Morglum

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:53 AM

Yep. I replaced all runes in this "set" with Superior Rune of the Soldier and it works as expected. Only odd thing is that it shows 7/6 with the first rune (but only gives the first bonus). 12/6 with the last. Maybe a bug related to my sPvP gar with 6*Soldier as well.... but as I said only a visual anomaly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: karma, armor, exotic, rune

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users