• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vasara098

Vasara098

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:56 AM

Hey guys, I have been lurking the forum for about a month or two, and decided I wanted to post a new build I have been using in pvp that works great for me. This build is for people who want to maximize their pet use or just want to use there pets more.

http://gw2skills.net...FtEZIyRkdGPRmgA

I have tried to get the strongest dps out of the pet by the use of boons and keeping them up throughout the fights. I also use the sword/dagger and warhorn/axe combo which seems to work quite nicely, especially by maximizing damage output by using quickening zephyr with the swords first skill.

If your wondering I normally start a fight with the axe/warhorn out, I use the jaguars f2 skill and our call of the wild before the fight starts. The utility skills can be used together at the same time to maximize pet damage, but people can sometimes avoid it so I normally use sick em' freely when a fight is intiated.
I have had the wolf crit up to 6k on a few occasions now in pvp, and remember when in a downed state use the wolves f2 skill and you can stay alive for quite some time with the wolves f2, its charge (knockdown, but it doesn't always trigger) and your 2 skill. Have a try guys if you want, I find it quite effective and can easily solo svanir and that other unit on the forest of niflhel and all the gaurds/lords on the other map (obviously not at once hah)

Remember to use the mobility offered by the sword/dagger, and to switch your pet before it dies to keep the cooldown low.

Lastly, if you feel that other utility skills may be better like signet of stone, renewel etc. try it out and experiment.. have fun!

Edited by Vasara098, 07 September 2012 - 04:01 AM.

#2 Skolops

Skolops

Vanguard Scout

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:16 AM

Hmmm, came across a related question tonight which would be interesting to know the answer to in relation to builds like this.... What is the meaning of pet stats?  For example, does pet Vitality equal 10 HP per point like player Vitality?  I would think not - other wise bears heave 40k HP!!!

#3 spoodigity

spoodigity

Fahrar Cub

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

I've tried a very similar build for the past week or so. Its not horrible, but if you record yourself and go back through and actually watch your fights, you'll see that your pet isn't really hitting things as often as you think. Pets have a rough time attacking moving targets because they stop to go through an attack animation every swipe. Movement speed trait doesn't help either since they're already out of range by the time the animation finishes if they're moving.

F2 abilities' usefulness always seem to be iffy. Mighty Roar takes around a full 5 seconds of animation for it to go off, and like you said wolves have a hard time landing the knockdown from time to time. I've found the real benefit of this build isn't so much the pet, but the quickness buff you can grab on pet swaps.

Pets do pretty nice damage when they can get hits in, but good luck when you're fighting any kind of mobile opponent.

Also swiftness boon doesn't seem to stack with the 30% movement speed trait. May consider switching that out if you're keeping it up with warhorn.

Edited by spoodigity, 07 September 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#4 Vasara098

Vasara098

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:34 PM

A new thing I just tryed is using the black jaguar, while i use the stealth i activate things such as the signet. People seem to be blind or something hah the jaguar is able to get a lot of hits in since it stays stealthed for 6 seconds while it attacks. I think this might be more effective then the other jaguar since this f2 skill is more solid and no cast time. just getting this out there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users