2 replies to this topic

#1 Antium

Antium

Pale Tree Seedling

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

So hypothetical situation.  

Let's say I have a norm ranger, which I do.  I get it to 80, which I will.  The endgame armor set that I want for my character is the Norn cultural armor Tier 3, which it is, which only costs money, no dungeons needed.  Also correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt tht have the top end stats?  Now for the question.

Excluding legenderies (which there is a possibility that I might go for) what other carrots are there in the game.  Not things to do, I know there is other stuff "to do" wvw, spvp, map completion, crafting, etc.  What I am asking is, what is the reward for someone who already has the armor they want.  What are the things that I can get that will keep me playing that character?

Please understand this is not some sarcastic post or complaint about endgame, I really do like the game.  I am legitimately curios in case I have missed something. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Antium, 07 September 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#2 Baron von Scrufflebutt

Baron von Scrufflebutt

Golem Rider

• Members
  • 3317 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:55 AM

In terms of vertical progression - nothing.
In terms of horizontal one - prettier gear and achievements.

The thing though, is that a lot of players look at GW games just BECAUSE the vertical progression stops. That's the game's niche and hopefully it won't change soon.

Edited by Protoss, 07 September 2012 - 11:55 AM.

#3 Rinoa144

Rinoa144

Asuran Acolyte

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Profession:Guardian
  • Guild Tag:[EMP]
  • Server:Jade Quarry

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Exactly as Protoss said it. It was very similar in GW1 where you would reach max level (20) and your end-goal was to grind a ton of gold/materials in order to make better looking armor. Guild Wars is a game about horizontal progression and social immersion much more so than vertical progression. Many people won't like this but others absolutely love it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: endgame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users